Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-27-2010   #21
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Im in 3 leagues so yeah, i've got a few...

Jonathan Stewart - mainly b/c he's got no qb & teams are stacking the box, but also b/c he hasn't warranted stealing carrys away from williams. Dude has netted me a grand total of like 10 pts in 3 games

Shonn Greene- the only reason he's not #1 is b/c stewart has been been atrocious & b/c i was smart & drafted LT later going on a hunch that he wasn't quite done yet. but yeah he's right up there.

Calvin Johnson - this is tricky b/c his numbers wouldn't look so bad if the refs hadn't screwed him in the chi. game & stafford didn't get hurt in the 1st freaking game.

TO - Batman's looking flabby & sick right now
J Stewart is good fun right now, isn't he. Took him over Arian Foster. Good clean fun.
Old 09-27-2010   #22
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
J Stewart is good fun right now, isn't he. Took him over Arian Foster. Good clean fun.
yeah good clean fun if you like getting needles shoved in your eyeballs every time you pull up his numbers. I've been lucky so far to win more than i've lost in the league that i have him in, but if i don't at least place, i'm holding him personally responsible. At least my other guy is slowly getting untracked (ray rice), Stewart is just...At this point i'm just happy it's one of my lesser money leagues (35.00) and not my big money ones.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #23
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
yeah good clean fun if you like getting needles shoved in your eyeballs every time you pull up his numbers. I've been lucky so far to win more than i've lost in the league that i have him in, but if i don't at least place, i'm holding him personally responsible. At least my other guy is slowly getting untracked (ray rice), Stewart is just...At this point i'm just happy it's one of my lesser money leagues (35.00) and not my big money ones.
I have Turner and Gore. J Stew was my 3rd, but Ive been using recievers for a while, cause he blows alot.
Old 09-27-2010   #24
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Check out my stats from the TexansTalk 1st Annual FFL this week. First number is predicted score, second is actual. Still have GB defense, Mathews and Urlacher playing tonight. I had some real bums in my draft, but I've made some decent pickups. Colston is killing me so far, but I hate to sit him.

QB Drew Brees 16.68 23.00
WR Anquan Boldin 8.26 33.00
WR Marques Colston 9.81 5.00
WR Austin Collie 9.91 32.00
RB Arian Foster 16.52 13.00
RB Darren McFadden 8.64 18.00
TE Dustin Keller 7.55 22.00
W/R Mike Tolbert 12.45 10.00
K Neil Rackers 9.02 7.00
DEF Green Bay 10.83 0.00
D Bernard Pollard 8.84 10.50
D Clay Matthews 5.69 0.00
D Brian Urlacher 6.74 0.00
D Jerod Mayo 7.50 9.50
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #25
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

My team is actually doing pretty well right now. A little luck against the right oponents and I'm about to be 3-0

QB: Peyton Manning
RB1: Lesean McCoy
RB2: Deangelo Williams (this guy is killing me)
WR1: Desean Jackson
WR2: Chad Ochocinco (One great game and two stinkers)
WR3: Kevin Walter
TE: Owen Daniels (Guy's not producing worth jack)
K: Neil Rackers (Rocking the stats)
DF: GB

My philosophy differs from most, in that I always draft a QB first (Peyton or Brady usually). There are quality backs to be had, but consistently getting 25 points a game out of your QB makes it easier if your team is littered with duds. I actually rode to the championship with Tom Brady and Randy Moss (don't ask me how I got so lucky) and practically no one else the year they went insane on the NFL.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010   #26
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

DeAngelo Williams and DeSean Jackson...

And now Mark Clayton is done for the year
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read