Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-16-2010   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The fantasy football "bum" thread

Looks like I have plenty of bums on my roster, but the one who's got me pissed off the most is Kevin Kolb.

I don't care whose fault it is that he's out.....his O-Line....the Packers D.....Dom f^(king Capers.....

Because of him, I had to make a deal with the devil and pick up Mike Vick this week.....who I hate getting more than a case of herpes.

2nd place goes to Shonn Greene.....I have no words for his level of incompetence.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Looks like I have plenty of bums on my roster, but the one who's got me pissed off the most is Kevin Kolb.

I don't care whose fault it is that he's out.....his O-Line....the Packers D.....Dom f^(king Capers.....

Because of him, I had to make a deal with the devil and pick up Mike Vick this week.....who I hate getting more than a case of herpes.

2nd place goes to Shonn Greene.....I have no words for his level of incompetence.
Yep! I won my game this week even with Greene in the starting lineup.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I drafted him in the fifth round in my money league. But I made sure I drafted another good QB in the seventh which was Eli Manning as my insurance just because Kolb hadn't proven anything yet in the NFL. Kolb hasn't killed me yet cause I didn't start him but I will only give him a month or so before I drop his ass.

I did the same two years ago with Aaron Rodgers. But I didn't need his backup since the guy lit it up from the beginning.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I drafted him in the fifth round in my money league. But I made sure I drafted another good QB in the seventh which was Eli Manning as my insurance just because Kolb hadn't proven anything yet in the NFL. Kolb hasn't killed me yet cause I didn't start him but I will only give him a month or so before I drop his ass.

I did the same two years ago with Aaron Rodgers. But I didn't need his backup since the guy lit it up from the beginning.
I drafted Favre in the 4th or 5th round, but I hate that guy almost as much as I hate Vick. I don't like him at all this week against Miami with no WR's to throw to.

That bastard Vick should put up some points. We all know how much he hates to give the rock to anyone else.
Old 09-16-2010   #5
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117888 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

DeAngelo Williams and DeSean Jackson were both huge bums last time.

I may start Maclin next time, since I feel he will be better with Vick (and he saved me last week)
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Half my team sucked. Frank Gore, 9ers D, CJ Spiller, all bums. Kyle Orton rocked solid though. My opponent had three people get zero points and killed me. Had Foster and Manning.
Old 09-17-2010   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Dunno, but for some reason, it seems like there's a really weak pool to pick from this season. It struck me during one of my drafts.

Has this crossed anyone else's mind?

Week 1 hasn't done anything to change this opinion. Seems like there's more bums to go around than usual.
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2010   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I got Brady and Kolb was my backup. I let Kolb go when I saw Garrard was still on the table and he plays Buffalo when Brady goes on a bye. Eagles play someone hard.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #9
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked up Kolb in all three of my leagues, luckily he was a starter in only 1 league. But damn, losing your startin job to Vick after 1 quarter? That is the definition of a bum right there.

CJ Spiller, what a bum. Not going to write him off just yet but it's not looking good.
Old 09-22-2010   #10
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 121 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I picked up Kolb in all three of my leagues, luckily he was a starter in only 1 league. But damn, losing your startin job to Vick after 1 quarter? That is the definition of a bum right there.

CJ Spiller, what a bum. Not going to write him off just yet but it's not looking good.
While we're bitchin'. MOJO. Dude, get your ass in gear. Harvin. This was supposed to be your breakout year. Tell Favre to show up earlier to camp.

And since i hate being so negative. Thank you Cutler for the faith I put in you.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #11
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line_Producer View Post
While we're bitchin'. MOJO. Dude, get your ass in gear. Harvin. This was supposed to be your breakout year. Tell Favre to show up earlier to camp.

And since i hate being so negative. Thank you Cutler for the faith I put in you.
I hear ya man, I have MOJO in one league and Harvin in another, luckily neither is my money league. I tried to trade MJD for AJ but got laughed at, rightfully so.

And you're right about the negativity. Thank you AJ, Foster, Rivers, and Austin for keeping my fantasy team legit!
Old 09-22-2010   #12
MoCityBull
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 0 MoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respected

luckily I'm still 2-0 in my league even with a close 2nd week matchup...stupid greg jennings and his 3 points....my kicker got me 11!....c'mon dude
MoCityBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

You know it's a bad week when you have to start Shonn Greene, MSW, and Harvin. And Spiller's on my bench. Greg Jennings is also killing me.

I was tired of being held hostage by the Eagles QB situation. I dropped Kolb and got Orton.

Now I have 3 bums I can choose from at QB counting Vick and Favre.

I thought Ray Rice and Shonn Greene and Kevin Kolb were all gonna hit paydirt this year and drafted them in both my leagues.....money leagues.
Old 09-24-2010   #14
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
You know it's a bad week when you have to start Shonn Greene, MSW, and Harvin. And Spiller's on my bench. Greg Jennings is also killing me.

I was tired of being held hostage by the Eagles QB situation. I dropped Kolb and got Orton.

I thought Ray Rice and Shonn Greene and Kevin Kolb were all gonna hit paydirt this year and drafted them in both my leagues.....money leagues.
Old 09-24-2010   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Try starting Joe Flacco 2 weeks in a row. I usually have my FF score up on my pc while I watch the games. Lately I've needed some tissues when I see his numbers.
Old 09-24-2010   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I signed Orton as a FA when Matt Ryan was gonna play Pitt. He has been nuts this year. Won me last weeks game. Big Ben is my other QB, so I had to get a 3rd.
Old 09-24-2010   #17
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Yo, Crabtree. Where is your game at. This was going to be the big bust it out year. You weren't holding out this time. You played admirably when you came in this year. You scared?! You can go rip the ball out of the QB's hands, but man up, and get me some points, cause Brett ain't helping me out anytime soon.
Old 09-24-2010   #18
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Flacco and Favre easily take the cake for me.

Not to mention in the same league i drafted Ryan Grant and Mathews as my starters and Grant got iIR'd and it looks like Mathews will miss some time in addition to his fantasy suckage that i fully anticipated. I have Foster in that league though so hopefully he can compensate.
Old 09-26-2010   #19
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

You know you're having a tough year when your first 3 picks were Ray Rice, Greg Jennings, and Shonn Greene.

The next guy to get dropped.....Brett Favre.
Old 09-27-2010   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Im in 3 leagues so yeah, i've got a few...

Jonathan Stewart - mainly b/c he's got no qb & teams are stacking the box, but also b/c he hasn't warranted stealing carrys away from williams. Dude has netted me a grand total of like 10 pts in 3 games

Shonn Greene- the only reason he's not #1 is b/c stewart has been been atrocious & b/c i was smart & drafted LT later going on a hunch that he wasn't quite done yet. but yeah he's right up there.

Calvin Johnson - this is tricky b/c his numbers wouldn't look so bad if the refs hadn't screwed him in the chi. game & stafford didn't get hurt in the 1st freaking game.

TO - Batman's looking flabby & sick right now
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read