Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 04-21-2010   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default September 26th, The Day of Reckoning

After 4 long years we shall have the taste of Cowboy football in Reliant stadium. So how do you Cowboy "fans" (see what I did there) view this game? Easy gimmie? Who are the Texans? KISS THE RINGS?

I imagine the vibe and atmosphere of this game will hinge upon how well the Texans play the Colts in opening week. However, I can say with some certainty that Andre Johnson should scare the piss out of whatever flimsy secondary the Cowboys put out there.

Oh, and we won't have to worry about Hotel Adams tripping Mario Williams incessantly throughout the game while getting beaten like a drum.
Old 04-22-2010   #2
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: September 26th, The Day of Reckoning

Not sure what to say here because there is so much nonsense and I am not hungry for any worm bait.
Old 04-22-2010   #3
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey that's my birthday,my birthday wish will be a Texan's victory!
Old 04-22-2010   #4
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

We do have to remember the cowboys are going to give it all they have got, because they want to go to the super bowl in there house.

It would be the next best thing for the Texans to go to SB in there house than ours.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #5
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Why is this in rivalry talk? our real rivals are the Titans and Colts.

the Cowboys thing is just some sort of Napoleonic complex that Houston seems to have towards Dallas. Lets focus on beating our real rivals before we start worrying about 'rivalry' games that only happen every 4 years.

I can't wait for the Texans to play the Cowboys, and I hope the Texans whoop their butts, but lets not lose sight of the prize. Improving our divisional record and beating teams that are actually competing against us for playoff spots.
Old 04-22-2010   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Why is this in rivalry talk? our real rivals are the Titans and Colts.

the Cowboys thing is just some sort of Napoleonic complex that Houston seems to have towards Dallas. Lets focus on beating our real rivals before we start worrying about 'rivalry' games that only happen every 4 years.

I can't wait for the Texans to play the Cowboys, and I hope the Texans whoop their butts, but lets not lose sight of the prize. Improving our divisional record and beating teams that are actually competing against us for playoff spots.
It's rivalry in the sense that........ well......... Dull ass sucks!!!

Are you really a Texan? And by that, I don't mean a Houston Texan fan, I mean in the sense that you have family both here and in southern Oklahoma and experienced damn near violent family reunions??

Get over yourself with the inferiority complex. Perhaps you should do some research as it relates to cultural, intellectual and medical research. Houston would grade far higher in all of the above.

That said, I'm with you on the "whoop their butts", thingy!!!
Old 04-23-2010   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll answer this now but some housekeeping. 1) not sure what the "fans" deal was all about. 2) Cowboys secondary isn't trash. Newman is getting a little long in the tooth but can still play and they have two young studs in Jenkins..a pro bowler in his 2nd year..and Scandrick. 3) Mario might have taken half those plays off where Flozell would try and trip...that or Flo would have false started

With all that said, it is a scary game. Despite what I feel are realistic criticisms of the Texans...can Kubes coach big, can they win big games, is the secondary any good, etc...I think they are a hell of a talented team and a team that could be a big player if they get it all together. I think the offense, when given time, can slice up opponents. However they have had trouble against aggressive 3-4 teams so my Boys might cause some issues in the backfield. I think the Texans will have the same issues secondary wise vs a strong WR core of Dallas and a QB in Romo who can make plays with his feet. Add in speed and power at the RB position and its hard to stop them when rolling.

This may seem weird to say but since I've been on this board 5 years this game doesn't make me nervous in the sense of Dallas can't win but I do expect there to be alot of emotion on the Houston side where this game may get people into thinking too much if they win and too harshly if they lose. I won't talk trash but I will expect it to be talked alot here and on the radio, etc. I think from the Cowboy standpoint is a very tough game but one that is just another on a very hard schedule. I think that is how they have to look at it since many will have them as SB contenders talent wise. Overall I get nervous about winning any game...realizing potentional and reaching expectations.

Overall I expect most real Cowboy fans to look at this as a game against a very talented team that can keep up on the offensive side and who can cause problems on D stopping the run. I say a close shootout in the 30s with it going either way.
Old 09-26-2010   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Bump.
Old 09-26-2010   #9
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will point out that if we play a Superbowl in thier house it will then be called Our House just saying

This is a tough game on our schedule and we are ready for it . Lets go Texans
Old 09-26-2010   #10
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

Oops!
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read