Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-24-2010   #61
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 118834 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
This is my flex spot. I am already starting AP and Brandon Jackson.

Ronnie Brown vs. NYJ

Marion Barber @ HOU

Chester Taylor vs. GB
I would probably go with Brown.
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #62
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
This is my flex spot. I am already starting AP and Brandon Jackson.

Ronnie Brown vs. NYJ

Marion Barber @ HOU

Chester Taylor vs. GB
I'd say Barber against us seeing as Taylor is a backup (I think?) and the Jets have been extremely stingy in the run game. But I think any of those three are pretty equal in terms of possible numbers.

Here's my hilarious conundrum:

Hines Ward has been my starting 3rd WR these past few weeks and he has made me cry. I'm thinking about switching him with a young upstart here are my options

Hines Ward @TB

Mike Williams vs PIT

Louis Murphy @ ARI

And for hilarious QB stuff

Joe Flacco vs CLE

Matt Hasselbeck vs SD
Old 09-24-2010   #63
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

That's a tough one. I don't think Barber will have much value against us unless he pulls a Clinton Portis and gets a lucky 1-yard TD or 2.

I would go with Brown, it's risky but he did run for 74 yards and 2 TD's last time the Jets went to Miami.
Old 09-24-2010   #64
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I'd say Barber against us seeing as Taylor is a backup (I think?) and the Jets have been extremely stingy in the run game. But I think any of those three are pretty equal in terms of possible numbers.

Hines Ward has been my starting 3rd WR these past few weeks and he has made me cry. I'm thinking about switching him with a young upstart here are my options

Hines Ward @TB

Mike Williams vs PIT

Louis Murphy @ ARI

Joe Flacco vs CLE

Matt Hasselbeck vs SD
I would start Murphy and Flacco.
Old 09-24-2010   #65
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 118834 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Hines Ward @TB

Mike Williams vs PIT

Louis Murphy @ ARI

Joe Flacco vs CLE

Matt Hasselbeck vs SD
We are #2 in rush defense giving up 31.0 yds per game. The Jets are #3 giving up 50.5 ypg.

And yeah, I would go with Murphy and Flacco
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #66
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
We are #2 in rush defense giving up 31.0 yds per game. The Jets are #3 giving up 50.5 ypg.

And yeah, I would go with Murphy and Flacco
The only thing with us and rush defense, is that number could get entirely inflated if the Cowboys are playing with a lead for awhile. I think our Rush D is more of a product of our offense being good enough to score points (And the 'Skins running game being bad). I'd trust the Jets rushing totals more than ours currently (but hey, I could always be wrong).
Old 09-24-2010   #67
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Would yall start:

Mike Sims-Walker against Philly

or

Louis Murphy against Arizona

(note- MJD is a starting RB and Mercedes Lewis is the TE)
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #68
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The only thing with us and rush defense, is that number could get entirely inflated if the Cowboys are playing with a lead for awhile. I think our Rush D is more of a product of our offense being good enough to score points (And the 'Skins running game being bad). I'd trust the Jets rushing totals more than ours currently (but hey, I could always be wrong).
That's a very valid point, but our Secondary is very weak. I think whether the Cowboys have the lead or they're down, Romo is going to be throwing it against our young guys.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #69
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

With Ryan Grant and Knowshon going down, I've been struggling with this decision all week. I'm starting Foster for sure but not sure who to put in at RB2

M. Barber @ HOU
C. Buckhalter vs IND
J. Snelling @ NO

None of them look too sexy this week, what do ya'll think?
Old 09-26-2010   #70
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Buckhalter? Indy's run D is pretty bad...
Old 10-03-2010   #71
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Who would you start in the flex spot out of Lee Evans, Nate Washington,or CJ Spiller? For Week4.
Old 10-03-2010   #72
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Who would you start in the flex spot out of Lee Evans, Nate Washington,or CJ Spiller? For Week4.
I have Nate Washington as a starting WR. I would go with him because he has a great game last week and I expect him to have another 100+ yard receiving game.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #73
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Those are all unfortunate choices, but if I had to pick one I'd go with Lee Evans. I like Spiller's upside potential but he's facing a tough test against the Jets run defense and the Bills coaching staff is foolishly not getting him enough touches. Evans, as disappointing as he's been throughout his career, is at least a WR1. With Revis out another game, I'd give the nod to Evans here.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #74
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I have Nate Washington as a starting WR. I would go with him because he has a great game last week and I expect him to have another 100+ yard receiving game.
Uh, what? 3 rec for 30 yards is a great game?
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010   #75
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Those are all unfortunate choices, but if I had to pick one I'd go with Lee Evans. I like Spiller's upside potential but he's facing a tough test against the Jets run defense and the Bills coaching staff is foolishly not getting him enough touches. Evans, as disappointing as he's been throughout his career, is at least a WR1. With Revis out another game, I'd give the nod to Evans here.
My thoughts exactly. I also have Sproles
Old 10-03-2010   #76
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Uh, what? 3 rec for 30 yards is a great game?
Ok, Ill give you that but he's had flashes of being solid and VY likes to target him a lot so thats why I said he would be a good option as a 3rd receiver.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #77
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Ok, Ill give you that but he's had flashes of being solid and VY likes to target him a lot so thats why I said he would be a good option as a 3rd receiver.
He ended up getting more points than Evans in my PPR league.
Old 10-06-2010   #78
Cush
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161 Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Would yall start:

Mike Sims-Walker against Philly

or

Louis Murphy against Arizona

(note- MJD is a starting RB and Mercedes Lewis is the TE)
I dropped Sims Walker in my league, but I have a good receiving group without him. (Nicks, Collie, Ocho, Dez B)

I would start Murph, drop Sims, and pickup Mike Williams (TB) or Brandon Tate (NE).
Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010   #79
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

OK, I need to start a combination of 2WR, 2RB, and one flex out of the following:

RB: Addai, Torain, Best, McFadden, and Hillis.
WR: RMoss, SHolmes, Austin, Floyd.

Floyd is the only guy that is definitely out.

Help? TIA.
Old 10-07-2010   #80
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
OK, I need to start a combination of 2WR, 2RB, and one flex out of the following:

RB: Addai, Torain, Best, McFadden, and Hillis.
WR: RMoss, SHolmes, Austin, Floyd.

Floyd is the only guy that is definitely out.

Help? TIA.
I would go with Hillis, Torain, Austin, Moss, and a toss up between and Best and Holmes in the flex spot.

It looks like McFadden isn't going to play this week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read