Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2010   #41
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans VS Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
Well I AM A SCHOOL TEACHER TOO!!!!!!!!!!! I can afford season tickets because I BUDGET for them! WOW..... just like a new house, a car, new roof, new fridge, and for god sakes a NEW COMPUTER. If you WANT something you find a way to do it. If some people did not have 12,000 post on here, they might find their time better spent picking up a second income to afford tickets!

And by the way, I am paying for a daughter in College at SHSU, I was once told, DON'T TELL ME HOW ROUGH THE WATER IS, JUST BRING THE SHIP IN!
I think you are missing the point OLP8. Just because someone watches the game at home does not make them less a fan than you or I..I will reference DB, (Hope you don't mind bro) He had another kid, that makes 3 if not mistaken, and well his dollars are used differently now, it is called priorities. He was a season ticket holder from day 1, has custom jerseys and a hardhat.. was in Gridiron before it became gridiron...he is as big a Texans fan as anyone here, but yet he spends his time home with his kids now watching the games.. Sometimes it is not all money, it is about responsibilities.. I for one think he is a great fan, as much as you and I are.. he just stays at home now because it is the right thing for HIM to do...
I am not going to get into a pi**ing contest, you believe your thoughts as we do ours.. but the fandom thing is nonsense. Anyway, enjoy your day !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #42
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well I AM A SCHOOL TEACHER TOO!!!!!!!!!!! I can afford season tickets because I BUDGET for them! WOW..... just like a new house, a car, new roof, new fridge, and for god sakes a NEW COMPUTER. If you WANT something you find a way to do it. If some people did not have 12,000 post on here, they might find their time better spent picking up a second income to afford tickets!

And by the way, I am paying for a daughter in College at SHSU, I was once told, DON'T TELL ME HOW ROUGH THE WATER IS, JUST BRING THE SHIP IN!
It's wrong for you to sit in judgement of people whose situations you do not know! I could care less about your situation. Who are you to determine what or who a fan is or isn't??? The lady I described (the teacher) was taking care of her mother that has recently passed away. The care of her mother was her primary concern, but understand this, she is a Texan!!!

On another note, I must thank you!! Having just completed the new Performing Arts Center at Sam put a nice little check in my pocket! That check alone covers my seats for about the next 7 - 8 years!!!
Old 09-17-2010   #43
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

You are very welcome! I must admit it looks nice!
Old 09-17-2010   #44
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No I am not laughing with you....
Old 09-18-2010   #45
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I guess since I'm not a teacher who budgets everything out to a T like that, and I make more than $100k a year, and I don't have season tickets, I'm not a REAL fan. It sucks to be penalized as a fan because I choose to spend everything I make on my wife and kids, giving to others, helping my Mom with her bills, etc. I plan my life around the schedule to make sure I'm at home when the Texans play, but yet I'm not a REAL fan. Damn that sucks for me.
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #46
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

If you wanna scalp for profit you should just pay this site an annual fee for the right to do so. $100 - $200 a year would be fair since you high rollers are making bank.

We should put up a poll and vote on it? What's the worst that can happen? Maybe they won't post here anymore???

Darn...they contribute soooo much...
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #47
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I take it you did not major in math.......How do you get $200 PER GAME for 4 tickets? Section 700 is $30 X 4 = $120 Section 600 ENDZONE is $35 X 4 = $140. ALL 4 DO NOT HAVE TO GO TO EVERY GAME, TAKE TURNS! All you need is a PAIR that is $600 or $700 per season. That is $50 or $58.33 PER MONTH! Cook in instead of taking the family of 4 out to eat ONE TIME A MONTH!
So, there are only approximately 71,000 real fans in the world? What an ass hat...
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #48
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Wow, I guess since I'm not a teacher who budgets everything out to a T like that, and I make more than $100k a year, and I don't have season tickets, I'm not a REAL fan. It sucks to be penalized as a fan because I choose to spend everything I make on my wife and kids, giving to others, helping my Mom with her bills, etc. I plan my life around the schedule to make sure I'm at home when the Texans play, but yet I'm not a REAL fan. Damn that sucks for me.
Must spread rep! I'll catch you later...
Old 09-19-2010   #49
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
So, there are only approximately 71,000 real fans in the world? What an ass hat...
I guess the real fans also travel to all the away games.
Old 09-19-2010   #50
Revolution
All Pro

Quote:
LOL, Don't you think "Texans Fans" already have "SEASON TICKETS?"
You can't be a REAL Texans fan, you didn't join Texans Talk until 2007!
Old 09-20-2010   #51
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can't be a REAL Texans fan, you didn't join Texans Talk until 2007!
LOL...that is funny. I think we all had to re-register then.
Old 09-20-2010   #52
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Yes we did have to register all over again.
Old 09-20-2010   #53
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

We should all just give scalpers "reddies"...just hit "disapprove" of their posts. When people see all the red dots they'll know they are roaches.
Old 09-20-2010   #54
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
We should all just give scalpers "reddies"...just hit "disapprove" of their posts. When people see all the red dots they'll know they are roaches.
Love your new avatar!
Old 09-21-2010   #55
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exactly what I was going to say. There are about 3 million people in Houston and 70,000 season tickets available. Rep.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #56
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Exactly what I was going to say. There are about 3 million people in Houston and 70,000 season tickets available. Rep.
Yeah, but if they were real Texans fans, they would find a way...
Old 09-21-2010   #57
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Hey Kevin, next time you reset the server, leave this thread behind.
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #58
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
You rotten dog, you. Your priorities are so screwed up. I bet you even FEED your family! Sheesh!
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #59
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
You rotten dog, you. Your priorities are so screwed up. I bet you even FEED your family! Sheesh!
Yeah, a Real fan would have his family alternate... I eat today, you can eat tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2010   #60
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

pssssh...if he was a real fan his name would be PlatinumLotPole8 and he'd have a personal suite. It's all about budgeting dontchaknow.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read