Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2010   #61
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tailgate question re $ for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Let us say hypothetically after years of tailgating, you decide the best way to do your tailgate is everyone brings $7.

In return you get chips and some kind of dip, appetizer, lunch, some kind of booze and sometimes another thing here or there.

You also never are asked to chip in for forks, plates, etc.

And you honestly spend more than you collect, but you are happy to do it.

Primary reason? When you tell half a dozen folks to bring something it never goes right. One person forgets a vital ingredient. Or you ask for burger fixins and someone brings a whole tomato and whole head of lettuce (whereas you decide it is easier to do all the prep work at home the day before than bring extra knives, cutting boards, etc).

If you have tailgaters that ignore your request for $7 and keep bringing food (that honestly is not needed), how do you broach the topic without offending anyone?
Just say it and don't worry about it. Wouldn't you rather they be pissed off than you because for you to bring it up its bothering you. Just say whats on your mind.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #62
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
It has ALWAYS been an honor to take care of those who spend hours on the road just to get to a game!! The Blue Crew has NEVER and will never ask you for money! We take care of opposing teams fans also, even "pie" and "meatball" fans!! That's just what good fans do for each other. What we do WORKS, and I'm ok with it, esp since we have gotten so large. I think most of us bring extra drinks for those who come and don't want to drag along a cooler. Heck, I brought 24 cans of beer to the Colts game and I don't drink!! I brought home 20 cans!! It's in my refrig and will return to the "pies" game!! Don't hesitate to ask for one!!! Always extra soda's, water, gatoraide, etc.

We've been doing this since day one, and the Blue Crew has just gotten larger and larger. One of the reasons is because of our laid back, feel at home, type atmosphere. If you're hungry or thirsty and didn't bring anything for that day, it's not a problem, just dig in and ask someone for a drink, we'll find you one.

One suggestion for you Ryan, if you want your group to contribute money, is to ask for it ahead of time. Send them all an e-mail and tell them you will be collecting money for the Giant's tailgate at the Cowboys tailgate. Then you and Linds can be prepared to do what you want. If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure anything will. Maybe one Sunday you should just tell them all you are joining the big group and bring your stuff over to the middle. See how they like that. lol All of you are welcome anyway!!
That's very cool of you guys...

When I make it out to a game this season I will be sure to find you guys, but I wouldn't feel right without chipping in some way...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #63
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was my next post.

Getting the ENTIRE Blue Crew together plum doesn't make sense (see the demise of FILO).

I'm just referring to the people in my corner - we shoot around menu e-mails a few days prior to the game, Lindsay and I go buy all the food, supplies and booze (and prep everything) and we ask that people bring $7; not everyone plays that way apparently and I would to find a tactful way to do so.
Please clue me in as I have no idea what happened.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #64
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Again - I don't mean to imply that the blue crew has suddenly become inhospitable!!

EVERYONE is welcome and should try anything from any of our tents. I threw away a bunch of sausage and about half a dozen stuffed jalepenos last game.

This is just the going ons of those in my immediate group.
shoulda told amy about the stuffed jalapenoes. I know they would have gotten eaten.
Old 09-15-2010   #65
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
shoulda told amy about the stuffed jalapenoes. I know they would have gotten eaten.
I didn't get to try any because I was too busy drinking, but my wife said your pulled pork was Awesome!!!
Old 09-15-2010   #66
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That's very cool of you guys...

When I make it out to a game this season I will be sure to find you guys, but I wouldn't feel right without chipping in some way...
Well, you could start chipping in by coming by, grabbing a plate of food, sitting down in a chair and telling us who you are.

I always bring extra for people we are meeting for the first time.
Old 09-16-2010   #67
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have always well since 2002 when we were created liked the concept of the blue crew. We do not ask for anything from anybody that walks up but we offer everything we have to all who show up. We are a special group and we love the fact that opposing fans feel comfortable in our tailgate.

Nitro you are Blue Crew Material so just join in and participate and do not worry bout nothing. If you want to cook something then do it we got the grills, if you got a special drink then bring it we might want to taste it too.

We are the most family friendly Tailgate on Reliant Stadium Grounds. And I say that proudly. Bring the Family and have fun.
Old 09-16-2010   #68
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Feed you?? Have you guys SEEN how big TK is? j/k - We'd be happy to have you in the Blue Crew and we'll figure out some way to feed ya!
Old 09-16-2010   #69
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

If you stop by Blue Crew and leave hungry......... you're wrong!!!
Old 09-16-2010   #70
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
If you stop by Blue Crew and leave hungry......... you're wrong!!!
How so..with all you drinkers there, finding food might be damn near impossible !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #71
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
How so..with all you drinkers there, finding food might be damn near impossible !!
Lots of food 'cause they're all busy drinking...
Old 09-17-2010   #72
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I am so ready for the next tailgate.
Old 09-17-2010   #73
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
How would you know? You only come by merely to leech tickets!!!

Old 09-17-2010   #74
Tailgate.Kidz
insert here

Rep Power: 16 Tailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of Famer

from what ive read, theirs a big mix of how groups do their tailgating. i will be taking some of these ideas with me. thank you to those for sharing.
Old 09-19-2010   #75
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11835 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Nitro, we were that guy for a while and then turned ourselves into regulars. Just throw a couple of packages of sausage in a grocery sack along with a bag of chips, and all of the sudden you are a regular. One thing I like about the main tent area of the blue crew is that you can just bring your own food/beverages as a way of contributing. Think of it as a really big pot luck dinner.
Like Grandma said, you're also more than welcome to stop by the little satellite groups that are across from the big tent area. We're just as friendly, but there's only so much room in the middle area after all.

We always have plenty of food...and usually get stuck with lots of leftovers...would love to have more folks pop by, introduce themselves, and help themselves to a bite to eat.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #76
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Tailgate question re $ for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
How would you know? You only come by merely to leech tickets!!!

Is that why I saw him for 1/2 a second last game?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #77
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
YUP!! He swung by to leech a ticket!!
Old 09-22-2010   #78
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

I have always felt welcomed by you guys, and you have always refused my contributions...Except the Chili cook off (I'll win it this year!) We went thru a LOT of chili!
I drive in from Austin and sometimes I can make it and hang out and grab a slider or breakfast taco or a chip and dip (crack wieners are awesome BTW!)
So I just started to consider myself a left over preventer on the Games I make it! I bring my 2 beers for tailgating and I drink 3-4 beers inside and drive home after the game
So, thank you to Joe, Billy, Gma, Ryan, Lindsey, Dave, Ted and all that I am forgetting to mention Y'all have made me feel like family!
Maybe I'll just shove 20 bucks down Joe's shorts and see how far that gets me.
Old 09-22-2010   #79
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_bill View Post
how would you know? You only come by merely to leech tickets!!!

damn bro........
Old 09-22-2010   #80
hobie
Site Contributor

Quote:
Damn.. you guys are brutal

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read