Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-16-2010   #41
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Better off or should I have just stayed put with what I had?
No, you are definetly better off having Welker instead of Crabtree. ASmith is not very inspiring.
Old 09-16-2010   #42
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
No, you are definetly better off having Welker instead of Crabtree. ASmith is not very inspiring.
What about losing mendenhall and Cadillac? I did get benson though...
Old 09-16-2010   #43
Ckw

Holy shit I just got offered Steven Jackson and Marques Colston for Andre and CJ Spiller....
Old 09-16-2010   #44
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What about losing mendenhall and Cadillac? I did get benson though...
Cadillac was going to be riding your bench most of the time. Benson is not far behind Mendenhall, and might even have a better overall year. And the upgrade to Welker is pretty huge. Also, you still have Spiller on your bench for bye weeks, and he may turn out to have a lot of value. Just watch your matchups.
Old 09-16-2010   #45
Ckw

Quote:
Holy shit I just got offered Steven Jackson and Marques Colston for Andre and CJ Spiller....
Should I even begin to consider this? I feel like my team is very set and strong at all position, but damn. I get to keep Benson so it makes my RBs deep again, I add on Steven Jackson, Colston is a top 10 WR, and still keep Benson as depth and situational play.

Then again, Andre Johnson is THE BEAST.
Old 09-16-2010   #46
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Should I even begin to consider this? I feel like my team is very set and strong at all position, but damn. I get to keep Benson so it makes my RBs deep again, I add on Steven Jackson, Colston is a top 10 WR, and still keep Benson as depth and situational play.

Then again, Andre Johnson is THE BEAST.
Ain't no way you can give up AJ. Jackson is going to be abused again, and will rack up some yards but not a lot of TD's. Also the Rams are going to be playing from behind a lot, so how effective would he really be?
Old 09-16-2010   #47
Ckw

Quote:
Ain't no way you can give up AJ. Jackson is going to be abused again, and will rack up some yards but not a lot of TD's. Also the Rams are going to be playing from behind a lot, so how effective would he really be?
Yeah not sure what I'm thinking. Granted I think the Rams will be better than last year and Steven Jackson was still the 10th best fantasy RB last year.

Well glad to see everyone thinks I made a good deal. It took my buddy coming by last night and us getting a little inebriated before we finally hammered out the deal.
Old 09-17-2010   #48
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Should I do this trade (I'm the one with Romo, Turner, etc.)?

Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, Ricky Williams, Mario Manningham, and Devin Hester

For

Tony Romo, Michael Turner, Cedric Benson, Vincent Jackson, and Dwayne Bowe.

I still have Donovan as a backup QB.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #49
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

For

If you would be the one getting AJ and OD, then hell yeah! Snap it up in a heartbeat! Who would be your qb? McNabb? Who is available on the wire?
Old 09-17-2010   #50
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you would be the one getting AJ and OD, then hell yeah! Snap it up in a heartbeat! Who would be your qb? McNabb? Who is available on the wire?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Pun
I would not.
Yeah, I was trying to get Andre and the guy was like "this is the only trade I will do if you want Andre". If I did the trade, my team would be:

McNabb
Brandon Jacobs
Ricky Williams
Andre Johnson
Mario Manningham

Roy Williams
Tony Gonzales
Rob Bironas
Steelers DST

Darren McFadden
Willis McGahee
Owen Daniels
Devin Hester

This is what happens when you miss your draft.

The best guys on the waiver wire are David Garrard, Kyle Orton, and Matt Hasselbeck.
Old 09-17-2010   #51
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Yeah, I was trying to get Andre and the guy was like "this is the only trade I will do if you want Andre". If I did the trade, my team would be:

McNabb
Brandon Jacobs
Ricky Williams
Andre Johnson
Mario Manningham

Roy Williams
Tony Gonzales
Rob Bironas
Steelers DST

Darren McFadden
Willis McGahee
Owen Daniels
Devin Hester

The best guys on the waiver wire are David Garrard, Kyle Orton, and Matt Hasselbeck.
Yeah, I would do it. Currently you have a big hole at WR.
Old 09-17-2010   #52
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

McNabb
Brandon Jacobs
Ricky Williams
Andre Johnson
Mario Manningham
Roy Williams
Tony Gonzales
Rob Bironas
Steelers DST

Darren McFadden
Willis McGahee
Owen Daniels
Devin Hester

I wouldnt do it. You are giving up 4-5 possible starters for AJ and backups. OD isnt OD of old yet.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #53
Ckw

Quote:

For

I don't think I'd do that trade unless he was willing to take out Benson or Turner. You lose too much at RB while also losing your top QB, and a top 5-8 fantasy QB.
Old 09-17-2010   #54
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Well, I just sent in the counter trade, taking out Turner. I think I'll be fine with Donovan at QB, because I gain Andre.
Old 09-17-2010   #55
Ckw

Quote:
Well, I just sent in the counter trade, taking out Turner. I think I'll be fine with Donovan at QB, because I gain Andre.
Well played.
Old 09-30-2010   #56
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

A guy in my league wants a QB and is willing to trade an RB. I have Rivers and Matt Ryan. I was thinking about offerring up Ryan. It makes me a little nervous about injury and his bye week (week 10).

Anywho, here's his RB's

Tolbert
Tomlinson
R. Brown
Portis
P. Hillis
P. Thomas

Would you offer the trade? I don't think he'll let go of Thomas, especially with Bush sidelined. So was thinking about trying to get Ronnie Brown. Maybe even Hillis, but I don't know much about him.

Thoughts?
Old 09-30-2010   #57
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
A guy in my league wants a QB and is willing to trade an RB. I have Rivers and Matt Ryan. I was thinking about offerring up Ryan. It makes me a little nervous about injury and his bye week (week 10).

Anywho, here's his RB's

Tolbert
Tomlinson
R. Brown
Portis
P. Hillis
P. Thomas

Would you offer the trade? I don't think he'll let go of Thomas, especially with Bush sidelined. So was thinking about trying to get Ronnie Brown. Maybe even Hillis, but I don't know much about him.

Thoughts?
Its hard to tell without all the info. What are both the rosters? Starting positions? PPR?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #58
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Its hard to tell without all the info. What are both the rosters? Starting positions? PPR?
It's PPR league. I am hurting for another decent RB:

My roster is:

QB - Rivers, Ryan
RB - Peterson, Hightower, Spiller, Sproles, Mccoy
WR - Colston, C. Johnson, Evans, D. Bryant, N. Washington
TE - Gonzo, Moeaki
D/St - Colts (for now)
K - Tynes

His Roster:

QB Chad Henne
RB LaDainian Tomlinson,
RB Peyton Hillis,
RB/WR Pierre Thomas,
WR Reggie Wayne,
WR Randy Moss,
TE John Carlson,
D/ST Titans D/ST,
K Matt Prater,

BENCH Wk 4

Bench Donovan McNabb,
Bench Ronnie Brown,
Bench Greg Jennings,
Bench Clinton Portis,
Bench Terrell Owens,
Bench Jacoby Jones,
Bench Mike Tolbert,
Old 09-30-2010   #59
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I would give up Ryan for Brown, Hillis, or PThomas (even though he is nursing an ankle).
Old 09-30-2010   #60
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I would give up Ryan for Brown, Hillis, or PThomas (even though he is nursing an ankle).
I think so too. Who would you prefer or what order would you prefer all 3?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read