Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2010   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans VS Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I will agree with that.. add the extra 200 for parking..and then the tailgating aspect of it..who can really put a good figure on that.
As for what you said OLP8, I had a friend who had season tickets but could not afford to purchase them this season so he watches from home now, is he any less of a "fan" now? Is DB who had other priorities come along who now thinks his money is spent better elsewhere, is he less of a "fan" now?
You do not have to go to the actual game and tailgate and all of that to be a true fan..I will honestly say that over the past 8 years and stupid dollars I have spent on everything Texans related, that I am no more a fan than the guy who is at home watching or at a bar.. or the guy who has spent more than me anymore of a fan than I am.
Thank you hobie! That is what I was trying to say. To assume that anyone that wants to go to the game can find a way to afford it, or not be a true fan, comes across as sanctimonious crap to me. I have been to one game at Reliant, and enjoyed it tremedously. And if I could afford season tickets, I would get them. But, I would have to get the for the family, not on a rotational basis. I couldn't even think of telling my wife and girls that no, they can't go to this game just because I want to. That would be like telling your kid that you will take him fishing "next time".
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read