Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-14-2010   #1
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fantasy Alert! Fantasy Alert!

Ryan Grant is done for the season with a torn ligament in his ankle. This means Brandon Jackson is going to be the starter going forward. Put it in your waiver wire list to get him now!

Quote:
MILWAUKEE -- Green Bay Packers running back Ryan Grant is out for the season with a right ankle injury, a significant blow to the team after he piled up 1,200 yards in each of the past two seasons.

Grant, who was injured in Sunday's win over the Philadelphia Eagles, will require surgery to correct a torn ligament in his ankle that will leave him on crutches for 10 to 12 weeks, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Grant is likely to fly to New York to visit a doctor for a second opinion.

The Packers had only backup running back Brandon Jackson and fullback John Kuhn on the roster as replacements for Grant before signing Nance.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5572144
Old 09-14-2010   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fantasy Alert! Fantasy Alert!

Oh, man, this ain't about chicks?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #3
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

We need this sound
http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/play/po.../sound_iid.227
Old 09-14-2010   #4
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6114 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Unfortunately for me I drafted Grant and b/c our league is deep Jackson was taken in 11th rd by another guy...for now I'm gonna used his spot with Kevin Faulk
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #5
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Guh, I drafted Grant at the back end of the 3rd in my money league. I'm #2 on the waiver wire so I'm praying that the #1 guy didn't put in a waiver claim. Can't check yahoo at work so I guess I'll find out when I get home.

Jackson sounds good though.

Best offense in league + No other RB's on the team = Profit for DC
Old 09-15-2010   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I had Grant in my money league as well and some bastard had a higher waiver claim and took Jackson. I have Foster though as safe but it looks like i'm picking up Peyton Hillis.
Old 09-15-2010   #7
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have him going through waivers ATM.
Old 09-15-2010   #8
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I had Grant in my money league as well and some bastard had a higher waiver claim and took Jackson. I have Foster though as safe but it looks like i'm picking up Peyton Hillis.
Yeah thank god for Foster. I tried to load up on RB's but it's hard to find quality later in the draft, this is what I'm left with at the moment.

Foster
Moreno
Barber
Spiller
McCluster

Not too excited about that right now.
Old 09-15-2010   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I was fortunate in one of my leagues to have the top waiver spot because I made no moves before today, so I got Jackson. He might end up saving my team in the end, because I did terrible in that draft. Not a big deal though, only $25 a person in that one.
Old 09-15-2010   #10
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I was fortunate in one of my leagues to have the top waiver spot because I made no moves before today, so I got Jackson. He might end up saving my team in the end, because I did terrible in that draft. Not a big deal though, only $25 a person in that one.
I tried to help my brother out as he could use another RB but he was like 7th on the waiver wire so another guy snatched him up.
Old 09-15-2010   #11
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79515 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Just picked him up in both my leagues. He can't do worse than anyone else from last week.
Old 09-15-2010   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I tried to help my brother out as he could use another RB but he was like 7th on the waiver wire so another guy snatched him up.
Yep, sure does suck sometimes. Slaton killed me last year when he got benched and another guy got Moats before I could.
Old 09-15-2010   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98334 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I had no chance because I was 5th on my waiver wire.

However there are rumors circulating that the Packers are in talks with the Bills about obtaining Marshawn Lynch and Rodgers is all for it. However I think the Bills will be asking for a 3rd rounder and that will probably be to much at this point. It's a situation to monitor for sure.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #14
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I had no chance because I was 5th on my waiver wire.

However there are rumors circulating that the Packers are in talks with the Bills about obtaining Marshawn Lynch and Rodgers is all for it. However I think the Bills will be asking for a 3rd rounder and that will probably be to much at this point. It's a situation to monitor for sure.
Good info. Would certainly increase the value of Lynch.
Old 09-15-2010   #15
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Got lucky, the one league I own Grant in doesnt use a waiver system except for players who were just dropped.

I had Jackson added about 5 minutes after watching Grant get helped off the field.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #16
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Guh, I drafted Grant at the back end of the 3rd in my money league. I'm #2 on the waiver wire so I'm praying that the #1 guy didn't put in a waiver claim. Can't check yahoo at work so I guess I'll find out when I get home.

Jackson sounds good though.

Best offense in league + No other RB's on the team = Profit for DC
fml, #1 waiver priority picked him up.
Old 09-15-2010   #17
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
fml, #1 waiver priority picked him up.
Yeah, I hate waiver priorities. They should only apply to guys that have just been dropped. I say first come first serve.
Old 09-15-2010   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Yeah, I hate waiver priorities. They should only apply to guys that have just been dropped. I say first come first serve.
I was in a league last year that had no waivers unless a player was dropped. It was the worst thing ever. I didn't really understand how dumb it was until the commish picked up Miles Austin mid-game against KC. Basically, you don't want to miss any NFL action because if a star is born and you're not at your PC, you won't get him.

I don't care for that type of league. I like the ones where the waiver wire is reverse order of the standings each week or for every transaction you move to the back of the line. I think those make the most sense.
Old 09-15-2010   #19
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was in a league last year that had no waivers unless a player was dropped. It was the worst thing ever. I didn't really understand how dumb it was until the commish picked up Miles Austin mid-game against KC. Basically, you don't want to miss any NFL action because if a star is born and you're not at your PC, you won't get him.

I don't care for that type of league. I like the ones where the waiver wire is reverse order of the standings each week or for every transaction you move to the back of the line. I think those make the most sense.
This is exactly how I feel about it.

However, if the Commish and other players dont care, then Im going to abuse the hell out of it.

In my other league, that uses full waivers for all players, I got lucky (sorta, considering I lost because of it) and snagged Vick to replace Kolb. Have Orton as a backup already, but you got to love that Vick VS the Lions matchup.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #20
Ckw

Quote:

Good point. I have never been in a league without it, so I really don't have much experience with it. Ours is also in reverse order of the standings.

I guess it also depends on how into fantasy your group is. If everyone keeps up with it and different guys are signing the big name players, then I think it works. But if most everyone is just a casual fan and you have the one or two hardcore guys, then I can see where it would get a bit unfair and unbalanced.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read