Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-07-2010   #21
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you think of my draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Just as an overview, I rarely even pick a defense, I'll just play the waiver wire and see who matches up with who. 2 defenses? I don't understand that, it could be another sleeper type player. Same with having 2 kickers. There are still waiver wire guys that you can swap out from week to week and instead go for sheer talent. Definitely not a reason to draft 2 kickers.

Hope this helps. Unless you're running a 2 DEF 2 K league lol.
Having the two kickers were big for me last year. I had Kris Brown and Akers. Akers was doing better than Brown so I had Brown on my bench. When Akers had a bye, there wasn't anyone good (last year was pretty crappy for alot of kickers). Because I had Brown I could get rid of him and pick up a kicker for one week without risking putting Akers on the wire and losing him. After Akers came back, I realized I was only going to live and die with him because what was left was not any better. So then I let the other kicker go and picked up another skill position player without losing a skill position player.

I drafted two defenses because I had Pittsburgh defense last year and when I let them go, somebody picked them up and I suffered in the playoffs because of it since no other team avaiable was good. I also think Texans defense will be pretty darn tough this year and around week 2 or 3 I'll be able to have some trade bait between the two defenses. Of course it also allows me to do the same as with the kickers - not lose a skill position to get a skill position.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010   #22
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

My defense has me up as of today 7-1. I'll take that.
Old 09-14-2010   #23
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
My defense has me up as of today 7-1. I'll take that.
I won my first game. Didn't know Crayton wasn't going to play. Planning on starting Mason, Floyd and Crabtree for next weeks game. Keeping Steven Jackson and Arian Foster in.

Question to everyone is, do I start Bo Scaife and sit Owen Daniels? I figure it may take a few weeks before Daniels gets back to his old self and hopefully Arian is running right for us.
Titans on the other hand are going to have to pass more against Pittsburgh because Pitts D is looking good again and even though I think Chris Johnson is effective in this game I don't think he is to the point where he will win the game alone. Bo Scaife is developing quite the connection with Vince.
Old 09-14-2010   #24
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

This is my first draft; 10 teams, head to head scoring type:

Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, Eli Manning

Arian Foster, Matt Forte, Carnell Williams

Austin Collie, Roy Williams, Mike Williams

Dallas Clark, Jeremy Shockey

Houst D/ST, N.E D/ST

Phil Dawson, Joe nedney

I want to trade one of my QB's for a Wideout...

I think I did o.k, but then again this is my first draft so I may have done horribly...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #25
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Houst D/ST, N.E D/ST

Phil Dawson, Joe nedney

I think I did o.k, but then again this is my first draft so I may have done horribly...
WR is very weak. I'd definitely try to trade one of your QBs for a starting WR. Heck if he hasn't been drafted, look for Devin Aromashodu. He looks like he is Cutler's favorite target and everyone knows how much Cutler and Mike Martz like to pass the ball.
Old 09-14-2010   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

@ Rey

If you go the trade route, try to trade Eli Manning now for a 2/3 tier WR. Just browse your league and figure out who had the worst QB outing this week. Look for anyone who had Kevin Kolb, McNabb, Matt Ryan, Sanchez, Flacco or if they have Big Ben on the bench. The uncertainty of their performances may be a good lead into a favorable trade for you.

In the mean time, find some free agent WRs and drop Bradford or a kicker for one.

Couple ideas that may be on the wire in a 10 team league:
Legendu Nannee (spelling is wrong, but SD guy)
Malcom Floyd SD
Devin Aromashadu Da Bears
Mike Williams Seattle or TB
Mark Clayton STL
Kevin Walter
Austin Collie or Garcon
Eddie Royal
Old 09-14-2010   #27
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
@ Rey

If you go the trade route, try to trade Eli Manning now for a 2/3 tier WR. Just browse your league and figure out who had the worst QB outing this week. Look for anyone who had Kevin Kolb, McNabb, Matt Ryan, Sanchez, Flacco or if they have Big Ben on the bench. The uncertainty of their performances may be a good lead into a favorable trade for you.

In the mean time, find some free agent WRs and drop Bradford or a kicker for one.

Couple ideas that may be on the wire in a 10 team league:
Legendu Nannee (spelling is wrong, but SD guy)
Malcom Floyd SD
Devin Aromashadu Da Bears
Mike Williams Seattle or TB
Mark Clayton STL
Kevin Walter
Austin Collie or Garcon
Eddie Royal
Yeah If I were him, I'd really look for Aromashodu, Clayton, or Floyd. All 3 appear to be #1 options on their team. In fact, Clayton was the 2nd most targeted receiver this week and Aromashodu was on the list as well even though he is technically a #3 WR.

If you can't tell, I am pretty high on Aromashodu. He had a pretty big preseason, did very well at the end of last season, and looks like he could have a similar (probably not as much considering the position) impact as Arian Foster. Both kind of came out of nowhere and both look like they really have what it takes to be good players in this league.
Old 09-15-2010   #28
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Great hijack of my thread guys. Back on topic please. Um... do I start Bo Scaife or Owen Daniels?
Old 09-15-2010   #29
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Great hijack of my thread guys. Back on topic please. Um... do I start Bo Scaife or Owen Daniels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Houst D/ST, N.E D/ST

Phil Dawson, Joe nedney

You did fine for your first draft. A couple of suggestions if you want to compete for the W week in and week out.

Trade Peyton Manning now for 2 WR's. A #1 WR and and a #2 WR if you can. Example. Roddy White and Hakeem Nicks. Or Randy Moss + Steve Smith (NYG).

Eli will have a good year with the targets he has. Mannings value is sky high. Your top 2 RB's are good. Your TE is a must start every week. The weak link is at WR. The WR's you have are #3 WR's.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #30
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

So....Bo Scaife or Owen Daniels this week as my starter?
Old 09-15-2010   #31
Ckw

Quote:
So....Bo Scaife or Owen Daniels this week as my starter?
I'd go OD. I think he will get more targets this week.
Old 09-16-2010   #32
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Yeah If I were him, I'd really look for Aromashodu, Clayton, or Floyd. All 3 appear to be #1 options on their team. In fact, Clayton was the 2nd most targeted receiver this week and Aromashodu was on the list as well even though he is technically a #3 WR.

If you can't tell, I am pretty high on Aromashodu. He had a pretty big preseason, did very well at the end of last season, and looks like he could have a similar (probably not as much considering the position) impact as Arian Foster. Both kind of came out of nowhere and both look like they really have what it takes to be good players in this league.
I took yalls suggestion and picked up Clayton and dropped Patrick Crayton. So this week I got Floyd, Clayton, and Mason starting.
Old 09-24-2010   #33
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

I picked up Kevin Walter. Should I start him. I got Mason, Crabtree, Malcolm Floyd and Kevin Walter.

I also picked up Mercedes Lewis for Mark Clayton on accident so I had to go back and deal Mason for Clayton and now I have to wait until Sunday to see if Clayton is back on my team.

So who should I start:

Crabtree @ KC
Floyd @ Seattle
Walter vs. Dallas
Mason vs Cleveland
and/or Clayton vs. Washington
Mercedes Lewis vs Philly
Owen Daniels vs. Dallas
Old 09-28-2010   #34
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

So I have Steven Jackson as one of my RBs and Ricky Williams as the back up. I'm nervous that Steven Jackson will not play this week. If that's the case Ricky would have to run for him and I don't know for how long. Ricky fumbles alot lately. On my leagues waiver wire is Ben Jarvis Green Ellis. I can also get rid of my 2nd team defense which is the Texans. Should I pull that trigger or try and go with John Kuhn from Green Bay?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read