Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-13-2010   #1
Ckw

Default Trade advice

Okay, just got offered Anquan Boldin and Tim Hightower for CJ Spiller and Kyle Orton. The guy has Kevin Kolb and no backup QB and thus would like Orton and likes the upside of Spiller. Should I do it?

Or another trade is in talks. I get Cedric Benson, Tim Hightower, and Wes Welker, and he gets Rashard Mendenhall, Michael Crabtree, CJ Spiller, and Kyle Orton. Should I do it?

I am loaded at RB as I have Mendenhall, Foster, Cadillac, Spiller, and Jamaal Charles. My #2 WR is Crabtree. What would you do?
Old 09-14-2010   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

Funny, I'm in a similar position trying to figure out WTF to do for my QB spot. Stupid Kolb...

If I were you, I would only look at turning one of my RBs into a solid #2 WR. I think you should do the Spiller/Orton trade for Hightower and Boldin. Hightower isn't a FF starter, but a decent sub on a bye week. Orton is a decent backup but I imagine you have a great starter to use every week instead - just need someone for the bye week. Boldin is surely an upgrade over Crabtree after his performance last night. Had it not been the Jets D, he probably would have gotten a TD or two.

I don't like the second trade because doing a 3 for 4 deal isn't worth it for you. You're just going to pick up whatever is on the wire to fill in for Orton anyways, so he should be giving you someone in the process and let you choose who to drop. If he ponies up something good for that 4th spot then maybe, or let you keep CJ and it's an OK deal.
Old 09-14-2010   #3
Ckw

Yeah I'm sure kolb is hurting a lot of people. What about a straight up deal of Mendenhall for Ocho Cinci or Steve Smith of the Panthers?
Old 09-14-2010   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Okay, just got offered Anquan Boldin and Tim Hightower for CJ Spiller and Kyle Orton. The guy has Kevin Kolb and no backup QB and thus would like Orton and likes the upside of Spiller. Should I do it?

Or another trade is in talks. I get Cedric Benson, Tim Hightower, and Wes Welker, and he gets Rashard Mendenhall, Michael Crabtree, CJ Spiller, and Kyle Orton. Should I do it?

I am loaded at RB as I have Mendenhall, Foster, Cadillac, Spiller, and Jamaal Charles. My #2 WR is Crabtree. What would you do?
I'd do the second trade.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure kolb is hurting a lot of people. What about a straight up deal of Mendenhall for Ocho Cinci or Steve Smith of the Panthers?
Ocho Cinco had 3 catches for about 30 yards by the middle of the third quarter when the Pats were up 31 to 3. His TD and 120 more yards were basically trash time towards the end of the game. I don't expect him to get those stats each week given the Bengals first place schedule.

Boldin looked pretty good against the Jets secondary, which is a good sign given how much pressure Flacco had all night. My only concern with him is potential injury. He's one of those guys who misses at least 2 games a year, but I think he'll be a 1100 yard 7 TD WR this year.

Steve Smith (car) was involved in many plays against the Giants yesterday. I have him in several leagues so I keep a close eye on him. He didn't have a spectacular game, but a good one against a good defense in the Giants. I do like him a lot for a 2/3 fantasy WR, but I wouldn't give up Mendenhall for him, especially if you can wait until Big Ben gets back. I think Ben will open up the run game substantially for Mendy.

If your guy is really big on CJ Spiller, I'd go for a straight up trade of him for any of those three WRs you have mentioned. It would be a superb trade,and you can let him take the risk of the rookie.
Old 09-14-2010   #6
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Ocho Cinco had 3 catches for about 30 yards by the middle of the third quarter when the Pats were up 31 to 3. His TD and 120 more yards were basically trash time towards the end of the game. I don't expect him to get those stats each week given the Bengals first place schedule.

Boldin looked pretty good against the Jets secondary, which is a good sign given how much pressure Flacco had all night. My only concern with him is potential injury. He's one of those guys who misses at least 2 games a year, but I think he'll be a 1100 yard 7 TD WR this year.

Steve Smith (car) was involved in many plays against the Giants yesterday. I have him in several leagues so I keep a close eye on him. He didn't have a spectacular game, but a good one against a good defense in the Giants. I do like him a lot for a 2/3 fantasy WR, but I wouldn't give up Mendenhall for him, especially if you can wait until Big Ben gets back. I think Ben will open up the run game substantially for Mendy.

If your guy is really big on CJ Spiller, I'd go for a straight up trade of him for any of those three WRs you have mentioned. It would be a superb trade,and you can let him take the risk of the rookie.
Great info. I really appreciate it and wish I could rep you again.

Actually, it is another guy that I might be able to trade with for Steve Smith or Ocho Cinco but from what you have said, sounds like the best bet with the least amount of risk it to make the trade for Boldin.
Old 09-14-2010   #7
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Go with the first one, you have enough guns At RB anyway with Foster and charles, and Boldin could help you out. Kyle Orton might not be playing much anyway with talks about starting Tebow sooner.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2010   #8
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I would also go for the first trade. Anquan looked great last night against a stingy Jets defense. I'm assuming you have the starting QB spot wrapped up so you don't really need Orton, and I doubt if CJ cracks your starting lineup all year with the backs you have.
Old 09-14-2010   #9
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Yeah, I would also go for the first trade. Anquan looked great last night against a stingy Jets defense. I'm assuming you have the starting QB spot wrapped up so you don't really need Orton, and I doubt if CJ cracks your starting lineup all year with the backs you have.
Yeah Rivers is my starting QB and like you said, I really doubt Spiller will ever crack my starting lineup unless I have some injuries. Even then, I feel good enough about starting Hightower in the flex if this deal goes through. The trade has been submitted and am just waiting on the guy to respond.
Old 09-15-2010   #10
Ckw

Alright looks like the Boldin trade might be falling through. I may have an offer coming of Steven Jackson for Rashard Mendenhall. Should I pull the trigger?
Old 09-15-2010   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Alright looks like the Boldin trade might be falling through. I may have an offer coming of Steven Jackson for Rashard Mendenhall. Should I pull the trigger?
No. Why would you trade a good RB from a playoff team, for a good RB on a non playoff team with a rookie QB?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
No. Why would you trade a good RB from a playoff team, for a good RB on a non playoff team with a rookie QB?
Offer Orton for Boldin straight up. No RBs need to be involved. He needs a QB, you need a better WR. Remember, you're not really under pressure here as your team is much more solid than his. You should be dictating this trade.

Btw, can you list his team and yours? Might help in offering suggestions.
Old 09-15-2010   #13
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Offer Orton for Boldin straight up. No RBs need to be involved. He needs a QB, you need a better WR. Remember, you're not really under pressure here as your team is much more solid than his. You should be dictating this trade.

Btw, can you list his team and yours? Might help in offering suggestions.
You guys are awesome. I really appreciate all the comments. I will list both teams by position, but it doesn't look like the guy I was going to do the trade for Boldin with wants to trade. He and I are good friends, but he is one of those guys that enjoys being annoying and likes to constantly make counter offers of things like Andre Johnson for Boldin, or Wes Welker for Philip Rivers. Crap like that. Makes it kind of pointless to deal with him.

The problem is he just hates Orton for some reason even though he is one of the better backups available and when the crappy trades he offers, NO ONE is going to give him anything better. He has been holding off on the trade because he wanted to see what happened with the waiver wire. His big waiver wire transactions: cutting Kolb to sign Derek freaking Anderson and cutting Brent Celek to sign Jeremy Shockey. Dumb! Yet somehow this guy routinely wins fantasy leagues....

Mine:
QB Philip Rivers, SD QB
RB Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB
RB Arian Foster, Hou RB
RB Jamaal Charles, KC RB
WR Andre Johnson, Hou WR
WR Devin Aromashodu, Chi WR
TE Kellen Winslow, TB TE
D/ST Texans D/ST, Hou D/ST
K Lawrence Tynes, NYG K
Bench Michael Crabtree, SF WR
Bench C.J. Spiller, Buf RB
Bench Mike Wallace, Pit WR
Bench Cadillac Williams, TB RB
Bench 49ers D/ST, SF D/ST
Bench Kyle Orton, Den QB
Bench John Carlson, Sea TE (same guy just dropped Brent Celek so I am dropping Carlson and picking up Celek)

His:
QB Derek Anderson, Ari QB
RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB
RB Marion Barber, Dal RB
WR Wes Welker, NE WR
WR Roddy White, Atl WR
WR Greg Jennings, GB WR
TE Jeremy Shockey, NO TE
D/ST Panthers D/ST, Car D/ST
K Rob Bironas, Ten K
Bench Cedric Benson, Cin RB
Bench Anquan Boldin, Bal WR
Bench Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR
Bench Lee Evans, Buf WR
Bench Tim Hightower, Ari RB
Bench Chester Taylor, Chi RB
Bench Patriots D/ST, NE D/ST

And here are two more rosters whose managers I am in talks with:
QB Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
RB Shonn Greene, NYJ RB
RB Correll Buckhalter, Den RB
WR Chad Ochocinco, Cin WR
WR DeSean Jackson, Phi WR
WR Steve Smith, NYG WR
TE Tony Gonzalez, Atl TE
D/ST Broncos D/ST, Den D/ST
K Ryan Longwell, Min K
Bench Justin Forsett, Sea RB
Bench Eagles D/ST, Phi D/ST
Bench Bernard Berrian, Min WR
Bench Malcom Floyd, SD WR
Bench Chris Cooley, Was TE
Bench Darren McFadden, Oak RB
Bench Chad Henne, Mia QB

QB Tony Romo, Dal QB
RB Michael Turner, Atl RB
RB Brandon Jackson, GB RB
RB Jonathan Stewart, Car RB
WR Randy Moss, NE WR
WR Steve Smith, Car WR
TE Jermichael Finley, GB TE
D/ST Packers D/ST, GB D/ST
K Stephen Gostkowski, NE K
Bench Felix Jones, Dal RB
Bench Joe Flacco, Bal QB
Bench Robert Meachem, NO WR
Bench Steve Slaton, Hou RB
Bench Johnny Knox, Chi WR
Bench Greg Olsen, Chi TE
Bench Legedu Naanee, SD WR

Any trade suggestions? I posted all the teams with WRs I liked and thought I could make a run out.

Thanks guys!
Old 09-15-2010   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Wow, your team is stacked and you should make the playoffs with it barring injury. Don't even bother offering any starters as you are strong in every position but DST. DSTs don't make or break a team anyways.

For your trade though, I think the best thing to do is go after Boldin. That guy has 3 solid WRs and doesn't need Boldin on his bench collecting dust. So if I were you, I would offer Spiller and Orton for Boldin and Chester Taylor. Essentially, you will get value out of both of those two guys for a starting #2 WR. You can just drop Taylor for another backup QB on the wire if you want or whatever. You just need to get a backup QB for week 10.

You might be more comfortable staying put though, and I don't blame you for it. Your #2 WR probably won't be the difference maker in your games given your other starters.
Old 09-15-2010   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Any trade suggestions? I posted all the teams with WRs I liked and thought I could make a run out.

Thanks guys!
Ckw with the first guy I would do like Dutchrudder suggested and offer Orton straight up for Boldin. He has nothing but DA at qb? He should jump for it. I would also like a spiller or cadillac for Berrian if I had your team..
Old 09-15-2010   #16
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I concur. If he doesn't want to trade Boldin for Orton straight up or with a scrub thrown in then I would just take all deals off the table. Let him rot with Derek Anderson and a stud WR sitting on his bench. You should be fine either way.
Old 09-15-2010   #17
Ckw

Thanks all of you. I can't rep any of you as I have already repped you all too recently, but I really appreciate the advice.

I would feel incredible about my team if I just hadn't made the idiotic decision of drafting Michael Craptree when Wes Welker was available. I just saw the potential of Craptree and thought he played well enough at the end of last year and was worried about Welker's injury that I made a dumb move. I feel like it was about the only bad decision in my draft.

I appreciate the advice of just letting him rot. I feel like I have made some VERY fair deals to him and was willing to accept whichever WR (Boldin, Welker, Jennings, or White) and was willing to make better deals based on who he was willing to trade. Only guy he would consider was Boldin, and we had agreed to the deal but he then decided to back out. Screw him as it is his loss. He also went and signed Michael Vick which should be interesting, but Orton is definitely the most proven of his options.

I also have a potential trade going of Crabtree and Cadillac for Steve Smith (CAR) which I will do in a heartbeat if the guy accepts but am certainly confident enough with my team to just stand pat. If I can get Celek off waivers, I will feel excellent about my TE position which was also a little weak, so we'll see.

Once again, I really appreciate all the comments and suggestions.
Old 09-15-2010   #18
Ckw

Alright need an answer quick.

Welker, Hightower, and Maclin for Mendenhall, Crabtree, and Spiller. Yes or no?

Or I have the offer of Boldin and Benson for Mendenhall and Crabtree.
Old 09-15-2010   #19
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'd do it. Crabtree will only be as good as his QB...which unfortunately for him is Smith. Unless Smith miraculously turns it around this week, I see Crabtree having low numbers again. Unless Carr comes in and somehow starts playing like Peyton Manning .

Welker is a beast, Hightower is decent I suppose... you have Arian Foster who will hopefully be able to carry your team, and Maclin is also an uncertainty with Kolb having a concussion and Philly having to rely on Vick. Pretty much the trade is worth it only because you'll be getting Welker .

*EDIT*
Quote:
That trade is a lot better IMO. Low risk, and you are getting an experienced WR with an above average QB (Flacco) instead of a 2nd year WR with a crap QB(Smith). Plus I think Benson will end up having a better season than Mendenhall.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #20
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

No and no, IMO. As much as I love Arian Foster and as good as Charles looked, Mendenhall is still probably your highest rated RB. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a top 5 pick.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read