Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-09-2010   #41
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TexansTalk Survivor Pick 'em League! JOIN NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Heh, that's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure you didn't choose a team playing tonight because it's a tough game.
Appreciate it. Where this league/format is concerned I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole.
Old 09-09-2010   #42
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Appreciate it. Where this league/format is concerned I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole.
Agreed
Old 09-09-2010   #43
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I need help. Typically in a survivor game when you pick your game for that week and a team to win. Once you use that team - that team is no longer available the rest of the way.

EXAMPLE: I pick the Texans to win in Wk #1 and they win. That means for the rest of the season I can't pick the Texans to win again.

Is that the way this is going to work?

I was about to post this and then I went to "team selections" and I see the list of players in a vertical column and teams across the top. I do believe that just answered my question. You can't use the same team twice.

Nevermind (unless this is incorrect)
Old 09-09-2010   #44
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Pick one team each week to win their game. You can't pick the same team twice including the playoffs.
Choose wisely.
Old 09-13-2010   #45
Heath Shuler
maybe not

Section: 521
Rep Power: 34640 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

To the two losers that picked the colts over the Texans (dougftw-SH & HOUSTON TEXANS; you know who you are):

And to infantrycak ; great pick

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #46
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Pick one team each week to win their game. You can't pick the same team twice including the playoffs.
Choose wisely.
Wait, what? If you can't pick playoff teams... that doesn't make any sense. Survivor football doesn't make any sense in the playoffs.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #47
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Wait, what? If you can't pick playoff teams... that doesn't make any sense. Survivor football doesn't make any sense in the playoffs.
It's a way of finishing the game. Suppose you picked the 12 teams that make the playoffs on your way to a perfect season and another person made it that far as well. The guy who picked all the playoff teams would have no options week 18 when the playoffs start, so they would be automatically out whereas the other guy may keep going if his team wins.

A 'perfect season' would require a person to pick 21 teams without repeating, which also means you must not pick the conference winners throughout the season. Believe me, it won't matter because it's nearly impossible to go that far.
Old 09-13-2010   #48
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
And to infantrycak ; great pick
You ain't kidding.

Quote:
Least Popular Correct Pick: Houston
Only 0.05% of all participants picked Houston....and I bet 90% of those were middle school homers.

Nice job Cak
Old 09-14-2010   #49
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It's a way of finishing the game. Suppose you picked the 12 teams that make the playoffs on your way to a perfect season and another person made it that far as well. The guy who picked all the playoff teams would have no options week 18 when the playoffs start, so they would be automatically out whereas the other guy may keep going if his team wins.

A 'perfect season' would require a person to pick 21 teams without repeating, which also means you must not pick the conference winners throughout the season. Believe me, it won't matter because it's nearly impossible to go that far.
All I can say is... thanks for strikes. Damned Chargers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #50
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, ten people picked the Chargers in the league (including me).
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #51
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

My strategy: Who's playing Buffalo?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #52
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

I went zero for every fantasy sport/pick 'em game this week. I think I will switch to the dart board method.

Ditto on the Chargers.
Old 09-14-2010   #53
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
I went zero for every fantasy sport/pick 'em game this week. I think I will switch to the dart board method.

Ditto on the Chargers.
I should have had the same fate with Chicago but the "wisdom" of the NFL rulebook saved me. My stratagy of saving the best for later almost bit me.
Old 09-14-2010   #54
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed! Nice way to start a survivor league HOU-TEX.
Old 10-10-2010   #55
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Strike two. The Cincinnati Bengals lost today giving me my second strike. I'm having a terrible time picking football games this year.
Old 10-10-2010   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I had three strikes last week...... picking the F'kn Colts to beat the Jags.

A sure thing right????
Old 10-10-2010   #57
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I had three strikes last week...... picking the F'kn Colts to beat the Jags.

A sure thing right????
Yeah, I need to learn from your mistakes. Picking Carolina, San Francisco & Seattle to win. Every week I need to pick against Buffalo. A winning strategy.

I almost actually went with Jacksonville over Buffalo this week... that was one of the few games I got right in the pick-em...
Old 10-10-2010   #58
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Yeah, I need to learn from your mistakes. Picking Carolina, San Francisco & Seattle to win. Every week I need to pick against Buffalo. A winning strategy.

I almost actually went with Jacksonville over Buffalo this week... that was one of the few games I got right in the pick-em...
Silly me.

Being a survivor league, I had it set in my mind I shouldn't pick a team I know is going to the play-offs.... other wise I wouldn't be able to play when the play-offs came around.
Old 10-10-2010   #59
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Silly me.

Being a survivor league, I had it set in my mind I shouldn't pick a team I know is going to the play-offs.... other wise I wouldn't be able to play when the play-offs came around.
Yeah, I've thought the same thing, which led me to pick Cincinnati instead of either Atlanta, Chicago or Baltimore this week. Three teams who have a better chance to make the playoffs.
Old 11-23-2010   #60
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Silly me.

I was reading the rules to this since I was going to pick Cleveland over Carolina instead of Pit over Buffalo because I wanted Pittsburgh for the playoffs. Instead I came across this:

Quote:
To make this simple sounding game more of a challenge, you can only select each professional football team once during the regular season while an Active member of an individual group. Team restrictions will be reset at the beginning the playoffs (in groups that pick through the playoffs), and you will again be able to pick each team once.
Sorry that I ran across this too late for some of you.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/spo...hsOidBzK3J9XhG

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read