Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2005   #61
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
watch it again. Carr doesnt have to sprit out to the corner if he just looks at Davis. He doesn't look...so he has to sprint...I'm rolling this play back and forth right now. You guys make this 5 yard pass sound like its a 50 yard across the body throw.
DD has three defenders around him as Carr is scrambling to the right. Swinton and the corner of the endzone only had one. I'm sure Carr was thinking run it in or get Woodson to bite and hit Swinton. Good football instincts if you ask me. Now as Carr scrambles further right the defenders follow him and DD opens up, but that is only because Carr scrambles. To hit DD Carr would have had to look and throw across his body.
Old 08-22-2005   #62
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

No, DD is behind 3 defenders who all have their backs to him (as he is waiving his arms around). I'm done on this one because I'm just making a simple comment with a simple example of how he doesn't look to second options, but Carr should go without criticism here (unlike the line or the coaches or Palmer - I forgot about that rule). Go blow my simple comment out of proportion as much as you guys want. I can't take this kind of "football talk" any more.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #63
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
No, DD is behind 3 defenders who all have their backs to him (as he is waiving his arms around). I'm done on this one because I'm just making a simple comment with a simple example of how he doesn't look to second options, but Carr should go without criticism here (unlike the line or the coaches or Palmer - I forgot about that rule). Go blow my simple comment out of proportion as much as you guys want. I can't take this kind of "football talk" any more.
I'm sure most of us remember the TD pass AJ caught last year when he flipped over the defender as he brought it in. I know on that play one of the other receivers, I can't remember who, was standing all alone. It was "funny" to watch on replay, especially since it was one of the plays that raised AJ into the national consciousness and helped with his Pro Bowl bid. Good thing Dre made the play.

It's a complicated game; everybody messes up. Some just aren't allowed to be called on it.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #64
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really just answering a question about my thoughts on Carr. I said we haven't seen enough, but I gave an example of him not looking at an open receiver to finish off what I would like to see improved in Carr's game this season. Good Old fashioned objective football talk - "hey Vinny, what do you think"....I gave an answer and an example. It's not something that most of the posters here put up with. We only like hysteria and finger pointing.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #65
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 08-22-2005   #66
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Curse you Vinny and your wanting to share your thoughts on the performance of a player in a preseason game. This is no place for that.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #67
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Why can't a person just state an opinion with out getting ripped? I think it is ok to disagree with an opinion, but seems like some want to knock a person down, kick him 2-3 times before moving on. Wouldn't it be nice , if we had a back who could punch it in from with in the 5 yard line with 2 or three carries?
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #68
Texans86
All Pro

Why is everyone getting in a fuss over a play that still resulted in a touchdown. Whether he passed to DD or Swinton, it's still six.
Old 08-22-2005   #69
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
Why is everyone getting in a fuss over a play that still resulted in a touchdown. Whether he passed to DD or Swinton, it's still six.
Because (a) there are a lot of bored football fanatics around here, (b) this is a message board and (c) looking at what kind of analysis Carr went through this time may be a prediction of what he will go through next time. But in the end, whoo hooo TD.
Old 08-22-2005   #70
Jwwillis
All Pro

Can't think of many times Carr has had a chance to set up in a real pocket and check off his receivers. He seems to always be running for his life. When Carr runs to the sidelines half his options go away. I gotta tell ya, If most any of us had been pummeled by 300 pound NFL lineman for 3 yrs. like Carr we would look for 1 guy and pray too.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read