Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-07-2010   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Thought I would start a thread where we could all chime in with suggestions and what not regarding who to start or sit on a weekly basis. A second opinion never hurt anybody right? Or has it?

10 team league, no PPR.

Need 2 starters out of these 4:
-Ray Rice @ Jets
-Ryan Grant @ Philly
-Arian Foster vs Indy
-CJ Spiller @ Miami

Need 3 starters out of this group:
-Anquan Boldin @ Jets
-Percy Harvin @ NO
-Mike Wallace vs. Atl
-Bernard Berrian @ NO
-Johnny Knox vs Det
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Rice & Foster

Boldin, Harvin & Knox
Old 09-07-2010   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Rice & Foster

Boldin, Harvin & Knox
Thanks bro... REP! Kind of where I was leanin. Knox needs to step up tho. But didnt want to play Harvin AND Berrian.

Last edited by Tailgate; 09-07-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Thanks bro... kind of where I was leanin. Knox needs to step up tho. But didnt want to play Harvin AND Berrian.
I think Knox against Det @ home should have a decent day. But no telling with Cutler as QB....
Old 09-07-2010   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd play Berrian. I'm not sure Harvin can think straight.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #6
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I'd play Berrian. I'm not sure Harvin can think straight.
He "should" be fine, and he is way too talented not to play imo.
Old 09-07-2010   #7
Cush
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161 Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respected

Start 3 of these 4 at WR week 1...?

Ochocinco
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Mike Sims-Walker

I really wanna throw Dez out there and I'm leaning towards sitting Nicks.
Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2010   #8
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post

Ochocinco
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Mike Sims-Walker

Playing Dez without watching him take an NFL snap yet? And he won't start either and coming back from injury? Big time risk. I'd go with the other three.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #9
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ochocinco
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Mike Sims-Walker

Ocho and Mike should be no brainers... Id be temptet about Bryant, but in the end I guess I would sit the rookie and go with the sure thing in Nicks.

Here are my questions: 2 out of these 4:

Chris Johnson @Oak
Jamaal Charles @SD
Ronnie Brown @ Buf
Matt Forte @ Det

And one out of these two:

Brent Celek @GB
Visanthe Shiancoe @ NO
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Ocho and Mike should be no brainers... Id be temptet about Bryant, but in the end I guess I would sit the rookie and go with the sure thing in Nicks.

Chris Johnson @Oak
Jamaal Charles @SD
Ronnie Brown @ Buf
Matt Forte @ Det

Brent Celek @GB
Visanthe Shiancoe @ NO
CJ & JC & Shiancoe
Old 09-08-2010   #11
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thought I would start a thread where we could all chime in with suggestions and what not regarding who to start or sit on a weekly basis. A second opinion never hurt anybody right? Or has it?

10 team league, no PPR.

Need 2 starters out of these 4:
-Ray Rice @ Jets
-Ryan Grant @ Philly
-Arian Foster vs Indy
-CJ Spiller @ Miami

Need 3 starters out of this group:
-Anquan Boldin @ Jets
-Percy Harvin @ NO
-Mike Wallace vs. Atl
-Bernard Berrian @ NO
-Johnny Knox vs Det
I might be tempted to go with Foster and Grant, Jets run D is scary. Boldin, Harvin, Knox.
Old 09-08-2010   #12
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ochocinco
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Mike Sims-Walker

I would wait at least a week to see how they're going to use Bryant.
Old 09-08-2010   #13
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post

Chris Johnson @Oak
Jamaal Charles @SD
Ronnie Brown @ Buf
Matt Forte @ Det

Brent Celek @GB
Visanthe Shiancoe @ NO
Start CJ every week unless he is hurt. I would propably go with Ronnie Brown, he's a beast when healthy, all signs point to him being 100%, and Buffalo's run D is a joke. Plus I'm still iffy on how the Cheifs will split carries, they did pick up Thomas Jones and draft McCluster.

I like Celek, especially in a ppr league. Shiancoe is always a threat to score a TD though.
Old 09-08-2010   #14
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I might be tempted to go with Foster and Grant, Jets run D is scary. Boldin, Harvin, Knox.
I know. Not to mention Bills have named CJ Spiller the starter vs Miami and Fred J and Lynch are both nursing nagging injuries???
Old 09-08-2010   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Start CJ every week unless he is hurt. I would propably go with Ronnie Brown, he's a beast when healthy, all signs point to him being 100%, and Buffalo's run D is a joke. Plus I'm still iffy on how the Cheifs will split carries, they did pick up Thomas Jones and draft McCluster.

I like Celek, especially in a ppr league. Shiancoe is always a threat to score a TD though.
Im almost leaning towards Forte and CJ here. Tough call but its Browns first game back and and Ricky had 200 yards and 2 TDs against Buffalo last year. Brown struggled a bit in preseason and Forte has looked like his rookie self. But cant go wrong with either imo.
Old 09-08-2010   #16
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I know. Not to mention Bills have named CJ Spiller the starter vs Miami and Fred J and Lynch are both nursing nagging injuries???
Spiller is definitely an option as well, I was lucky enough to pick him up in the ninth round of my money league. That was the night before he had his National coming out party with 2 TD's catapulting him up to the 4th 5th round. I'm going to wait at least one game before I name him my starter though. I wanna see what he can do in the regular season before I make any decisions.

Funny thing though, I have Grant, Foster, and Spiller in my money league so I guess great minds think alike. I'm starting Grant and Foster.
Old 09-08-2010   #17
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Spiller is definitely an option as well, I was lucky enough to pick him up in the ninth round of my money league. That was the night before he had his National coming out party with 2 TD's catapulting him up to the 4th 5th round. I'm going to wait at least one game before I name him my starter though. I wanna see what he can do in the regular season before I make any decisions.

Funny thing though, I have Grant, Foster, and Spiller in my money league so I guess great minds think alike. I'm starting Grant and Foster.
Old 09-09-2010   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Knowshon Moreno vs JAX
or
Jerome Harrison @TB?
Old 09-09-2010   #19
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Knowshon Moreno vs JAX
or
Jerome Harrison @TB?
Harrison until Moreno proves he is healthy. Buckhalter may get most of the work for Denver in week 1
Old 09-09-2010   #20
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Harrison until Moreno proves he is healthy. Buckhalter may get most of the work for Denver in week 1
+1 Moreno is kind of scary with that hamstring right now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read