Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-07-2010   #1
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Need fantasy advice.

I have Anquon Boldin. With Revis comming back, should I start Patrick Crayton or Josh Cribbs over him? Its a PPR league. Also Thomas Jones or Jonathon Stewert?
Old 09-07-2010   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Need fantasy advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I have Anquon Boldin. With Revis comming back, should I start Patrick Crayton or Josh Cribbs over him? Its a PPR league. Also Thomas Jones or Jonathon Stewert?
Do you really think PC or JC is going to do as well as Boldin? Even with a rusty Revis, he cant cover all the Ravens receivers.

Leave Boldin in your lineup.

TJ or JS is a toss up to me. Both are 2nd string at this point with weak QB's. I would probably go with Stewart since he has a stronger defense, might get a few turnovers in the other teams redzone giving him a better shot at getting some meaningful carries.

Just my opnion at this point.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
None of your WR options look very good. Don't think Crayton has had a chance to meld with Rivers at all. Boldin will be in a tough matchup and Cribbs does not bring alot unless you count ST points for the individual. Stewart over Jones.
Old 09-07-2010   #4
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
None of your WR options look very good. Don't think Crayton has had a chance to meld with Rivers at all. Boldin will be in a tough matchup and Cribbs does not bring alot unless you count ST points for the individual. Stewart over Jones.
We count return yards.
Old 09-07-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We count return yards.
Then I would probably go with Cribbs, because his matchup against TB is probably better than the other 2.
Old 09-07-2010   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
this..especially with revis back in the fold for the jets as of yesterday.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a question for you guys. For my flex, who to start-

Denver WR Eddie Royal vs. Jacksonville

Seattle RB Justin Forsett vs. San Fran

Kansas City RB/WR Dexter McCluster vs. SD
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post

Is that your only options? If so, I would go with Royal. San Fran run D is too tough and McCluster is still a bit of unknown as to the role he will play.
Old 09-07-2010   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is that your only options? If so, I would go with Royal. San Fran run D is too tough and McCluster is still a bit of unknown as to the role he will play.
Yep, only options. Its a 3 WR league to begin with. I have Royal in right now, but its the one position I am not happy with. Thanks.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you guys think:

Flacco vs. the Jets
Hasselbeck vs. the Niners

I'm hesitant to go with Flacco because I expect that to be a defensive war with a low score.

OTOH, Hasselbeck doesn't much have anyone to catch his passes and a new offense to have to try to work out of.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
What do you guys think:

Flacco vs. the Jets
Hasselbeck vs. the Niners

I'm hesitant to go with Flacco because I expect that to be a defensive war with a low score.

OTOH, Hasselbeck doesn't much have anyone to catch his passes and a new offense to have to try to work out of.
Both options suck, but I would go with Flacco and hope for the best
Old 09-07-2010   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post

I'd go Eddie Royal.

I'm not feeling McCluster in his first ever start against that SD defense.

And I'm worried about the Seattle offense against that Niner D.

But Royal could get a few looks against the Jags.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're ****ed!
Old 09-08-2010   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, stick with Boldin and go with T. Jones. Stewart hasn't been real healthy all preseason and I don't think you could ever go wrong with Jones, at least not up to this point.
Old 09-08-2010   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You're ****ed!
I know. Hopefully Brandon Marshal will have a whale of a game. My opponent has Ray Rice, so he shouldn't kill me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read