Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

View Poll Results: Rate the Draft
5: Great draft, surely will be in the Super Bowl! 0 0%
4: Strong team, will make the playoffs 5 45.45%
3: Decent team, might make playoffs might not. 4 36.36%
2: Crappy team, definitely won't make the playoffs 1 9.09%
1: Go read "Fantasy Football for Dummies" 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2010   #1
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rate my Team!

So, this is my money-league team - last year's pot was ~$750. We drafted 3 weeks ago, which was a bit early but the only time we could get everyone together at the commish's house. It is a 12 team, PPR league, with mostly standard Yahoo scoring. 4 pts per passing TD, 6 for all others, negative points for missed FGs >30 yards, -1 point per sack on QB, etc... Kick returning RB/WRs get points for TD returns individually and on the DSTs.

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Anyways, here's my team in the order drafted, feel free to critique and give feedback. I had the third pick in the draft, snake order.

Round 1> RB Chris Johnson. I don't know why the first two people took Peterson and AJ, but they gifted me CJ and I'm happy with that.

Round 2< WR Roddy White. PPR league, need WRs, so I picked them early.

Round 3> WR Greg Jennings. I am hoping the Packers won't have so many O-line issues, and Rodgers will get him the ball more.

Round 4< WR Steve Smith (Carolina). I am hoping he has a good year and the change to Matt Moore pans out for the Panthers. They play an easy schedule, so that ought to help him get some big plays.

Round 5> TE Vernon Davis - VD for short. TEs started coming off the board in Round 4. Only the big names were gone plus Finley. VD was one of the best TE's last year and I think he will be a top 5 TE this year.

Round 6< RB Arian Foster. Good value for the 6th round. Most people were still picking TEs and WRs at this point, so I decided to go against the flow.

Round 7 > QB Kevin Kolb. Most people had a QB at this point except 2 teams who pick after me this round. I was banking on Kolb dropping this far, because he just isn't proven yet, but given the other options I think he's a good pick.

Round 8 < RB Jerome Harrison. All of the promising RBs were off the board at this point, even CJ Spiller was picked a couple spots before me. I think he has some potential in case Arian Foster doesn't work out.

Round 9 > QB Donovan McNabb. I noticed some teams still had not picked a QB, and being a bit uncertain about Kolb, I thought McNabb would be a good insurance policy.

Round 10 < 49ers DST. I like them a lot this year. Easy schedule plus some decent kick returns in Ginn, they should be a top 5 DST this year again.

Round 11 > WR Jacoby Jones. Breakout potential and he fits neatly with the rest of my WRs. No overlapping bye weeks with my other guys I think he will have a good year and make himself a great WR 2/3 guy.

Round 12 < TE Greg Olsen. I don't like this pick in retrospect, but going off of information 3 weeks ago it didn't seem like a bad idea. At this point I'm just drudging for anyone with some potential. I don't think I will be using him for anything more than VD's bye week.

Round 13 > K Shayne Graham. This league forces position picks. You must draft 2 kickers and DSTs, so the last 3 round are just crap. I already dropped Graham for Lawrence Tynes.

Round 14 < DST Dolphins. Forced pick, but decent DST for Week 2 when the 49ers play the Saints.

Round 15 > Ryan Succop. I wanted to draft Jamarcus Russell instead, but they wouldn't let me. I nearly ran out of time trying to think of a kicker to draft because so many were already gone. I dropped him on the wire and got Thomas Jones instead.

Starting Lineup as of today:
QB: Kevin Kolb
RB1: Chris Johnson
RB2: Arian Foster
WR1: Greg Jennings
WR2: Steve Smith (Car)
WR3: Roddy White
TE: Vernon Davis
DST: 49ers
K: Lawrence Tynes

Bench:
Donovan McNabb
Jerome Harrison
Thomas Jones
Jacoby Jones
Greg Olsen
Dolphins DST

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read