Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

View Poll Results: How did I do on my draft?
5 Stars: Stellar job. High value picks. Took some risks but looks like it will pay off. 0 0%
4 Stars: Very good. Took a few too many risks but also made some very solid picks. 2 33.33%
3 Stars: Average draft. Definitely could have done better. Definitely could have done worse. 4 66.67%
2 Stars: What were you thinking on some of those picks? 0 0%
1 Star: No really, what the hell were you thinking?!? My dog could have done a better job drafting! 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2010   #21
Ckw

Default Re: Another "rate my draft" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think it's an even trade in that they both seem to have the same potential. For me, it would come down to injury potential of the RBs. I think between the two I would be more comfortable with Mendenhall than Jackson, but both should get 1200 yards rushing and some decent TD numbers. I think you should stick with what ya got.
So you are saying unless I can get Colston, it is too even of a trade (Crabtree for Sims-Walker) and thus am better sticking with what I have due to Jackson's injury concerns?
Old 09-07-2010   #22
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
So you are saying unless I can get Colston, it is too even of a trade (Crabtree for Sims-Walker) and thus am better sticking with what I have due to Jackson's injury concerns?
Yep. Colston would be a surefire upgrade over Crabtree. Mendenhall is likely more highly valued than Steven Jackson, so if he's willing to part with Colston, go for it.
Old 09-07-2010   #23
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Is Miller still an option? He's an underrated TE IMO. Overall your team is good. WR deapth is needed but other than that I think your team should be all set.
Old 09-07-2010   #24
Ckw

Quote:
Yep. Colston would be a surefire upgrade over Crabtree. Mendenhall is likely more highly valued than Steven Jackson, so if he's willing to part with Colston, go for it.
How about this: my friend may be willing to trade Roddy White, Marion Barber, and Larry Johnson for Jamal Charles, Michael Crabtree, and Kyle Orton.

Do I do it? I like Charles a lot but Roddy White would solve my WR issues. I would then start Spiller or Cadillac at the flex I guess. He is pretty loaded at WR, but I don't think if he swaps Greg Jennings for Roddy White that I would do it. Would you? Thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Is Miller still an option? He's an underrated TE IMO. Overall your team is good. WR deapth is needed but other than that I think your team should be all set.
Talking about Heath Miller or Zack Miller? Heath Miller is available but Zack is not.

I decided to drop Leon Washington and pick up John Carlson. I am worried if he has a good game, he will get picked up and then with my luck, Winslow will get injured and I will have no TE.
Old 09-07-2010   #25
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How about this: my friend may be willing to trade Roddy White, Marion Barber, and Larry Johnson for Jamal Charles, Michael Crabtree, and Kyle Orton.

Do I do it? I like Charles a lot but Roddy White would solve my WR issues. I would then start Spiller or Cadillac at the flex I guess. He is pretty loaded at WR, but I don't think if he swaps Greg Jennings for Roddy White that I would do it. Would you? Thoughts.

Talking about Heath Miller or Zack Miller? Heath Miller is available but Zack is not.

I decided to drop Leon Washington and pick up John Carlson. I am worried if he has a good game, he will get picked up and then with my luck, Winslow will get injured and I will have no TE.
White & Charles and Crabtree & Barber are pretty close. Depends on if you value WR or RB more. LJ is a nothing this year. Orton is not a bad backup QB.

edit: After looking over your roster again, White would be a big help. Foster and Mendenhall at RB and AJ/White at WR sounds sweet. Who would you get for your backup QB?

Carlson is a nice backup TE.
Old 09-07-2010   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

See if he would do JC, Orton and Mike Wallace for Roddy, MB and maybe his backup QB instead of LJ. LJ is waiver wire junk don't bother trading for him.
Old 09-07-2010   #27
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
White & Charles and Crabtree & Barber are pretty close. Depends on if you value WR or RB more. LJ is a nothing this year. Orton is not a bad backup QB.

edit: After looking over your roster again, White would be a big help. Foster and Mendenhall at RB and AJ/White at WR sounds sweet. Who would you get for your backup QB?

Carlson is a nice backup TE.
Yeah, I'd probably have to get Stafford or someone like that.

The reason my friend wants Orton is he was not there for the draft and the only QB he got auto drafted was Kevin Kolb and he is nervous about how he is going to do. Orton has proven he is capable enough of people a top 15 fantasy QB.

If he insists on keeping White and giving me Greg Jennings, do I still take the deal? Is Charles too much to give up especially when there is potential with Crabtree?
Old 09-07-2010   #28
Ckw

Quote:
See if he would do JC, Orton and Mike Wallace for Roddy, MB and maybe his backup QB instead of LJ. LJ is waiver wire junk don't bother trading for him.
Oh believe me. I'm not doing it at all for LJ. I am doing it all for Roddy White. I doubt he will take Mike Wallace but I'd certainly be willing to give him up.

I'm not concerned with the backup QB spot really. He doesn't even have a backup QB to trade. All he has is Kevin Kolb at QB so he is nervous about going in with just him.
Old 09-07-2010   #29
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh believe me. I'm not doing it at all for LJ. I am doing it all for Roddy White. I doubt he will take Mike Wallace but I'd certainly be willing to give him up.

I'm not concerned with the backup QB spot really. He doesn't even have a backup QB to trade. All he has is Kevin Kolb at QB so he is nervous about going in with just him.
If he won't take the deal with White & MB for JC, Wallace & Orton then see if he would take that deal with Jennings instead of White, and maybe sweeten it with something a bit better than LJ. If, not even Jennings is a good #2 WR. He is going to have a big year, though Rodgers will spread it around Jennings is the #1 there. Stafford might not be a bad backup to have if he can stay healthy. He will be throwing alot.

Yeah, if you coud keep Crabtree and have AJ, Jennings & Crabtree that would not be bad.

edit: Some are predicting Charles to have a huge year. But I think you need a White/Jennings more than you need JC.
Old 09-09-2010   #30
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice looking team. I'd say you had a very solid draft.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read