Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-06-2010   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Pencil Neck's Weird Fantasy Team

I'm in a league that I've been in for about 8-9 years now. The guy that runs the league is a Raider fan and he's basically brain damaged. The league scoring is about as complicated as can be because he basically just went through the settings and randomly turned things on and off. The ROSTER is huge with all defensive positions represented. The bench is small because you're not allowed more than a few players at each position. AND the number of players you have to play each week is huge. When the bye's roll around, everyone's struggling to field a complete team.

The positions that you have to fill each week are:

2 QBs
2 RBs
2 WRs
2 TEs
2 RB/WRs
1 OP
2 DTs
2 DEs
3 LBs
2 CBs
2 Ss
1 D/ST
1 DP
1 K
1 P

OK? It's nuts. I drafted 4th, there are 8 teams in the league. There are 34 rounds. Here's my team:

QB: Matt Schaub, Joe Flacco, Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Stafford
RB: Ray Rice, DeAngelo Williams, Matt Forte, Jerome Harrison
WR: Steve Smith, DeSean Jackson, Greg Jennings, Robert Meachem
TE: Owen Daniels, Kevin Boss
DT: Mike Patterson, Amobi Okoye, Glenn Dorsey
DE: Mario Williams, Trent Cole
LB: Demeco Ryans, Stephen Tulloch, Jarod Mayo, Geno Hayes
CB: Leon Hall, Jairus Byrd, Glover Quin
S: Bernard Pollard, Roman Harper, Louis Delmas, Donte Whitner
D/ST: Jets, Texans
K: Jay Feely
P: Brett Kern

I got more S's and LB's than other defensive players, because historically, those are the defensive players that pile up the points.

The guy drafting before me in the second round stole AJ from me. And a friend of mine that I had just invited into the league stole Arian Foster and Jacoby Jones from me after I had been talking them up prior to this.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Pencil Neck's Weird Fantasy Team

Honestly, I think your starting line-up (before byes) is really good. I probably would have tried to get an extra DE instead of DT and extra usable TE instead of safety, but that is a critique without seeing the actual draft. Looks like you have a good grasp on your rules overall because I see potential top 10 guys all over your squad.
Old 09-07-2010   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

How do Punters score points??
Old 09-07-2010   #4
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Simple really,

Punters points = {q + [q2 + (r-p2)3]1/2}1/3 + {q - [q2 + (r-p2)3]1/2}1/3 + p.

Actually, I have no idea either
Old 09-07-2010   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
2 points for each punt within the 10 yard line. 1 point for every point inside the 20. -2 points for every point blocked.

Punt average:
33.9 yards or less: -3
34 - 35.9: -2
36 - 37.9: -1
38 - 39.9: 0
40 - 41.9: 1
42 - 43.9: 2
44+ : 3
Old 09-07-2010   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I don't really know anything about IDPs other than to get guys who make alot of tackles, but your offense looks very good.
Old 09-07-2010   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Honestly, I think your starting line-up (before byes) is really good. I probably would have tried to get an extra DE instead of DT and extra usable TE instead of safety, but that is a critique without seeing the actual draft. Looks like you have a good grasp on your rules overall because I see potential top 10 guys all over your squad.
Thanks!

Yeah, I really need to drop one of those DTs. DTs normally don't score many points.

One thing I've learned those, is that in this league, Safeties can pile up the points. TEs are very hit and miss and I snuck the best one through (OD).

Because this league has a really short bench, you've got to wheel and deal and change your roster a lot to bring in FAs to supplement your base squad. I'll wait and see which of the FA DEs and TEs are surprising with their points, and then pick up those guys hoping to catch someone getting hot.
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read