Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-30-2010   #41
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Annual TexansTalk FFL

Aaron Rodgers # 2??? What kind of scoring do ya'll have?
Old 08-30-2010   #42
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess who got Bernard Pollard? Any guesses?
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010   #43
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Guess who got Bernard Pollard? Any guesses?
IDP league? Interesting
Old 08-31-2010   #44
FuriousGravy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Aaron Rodgers # 2??? What kind of scoring do ya'll have?
It's fairly passer heavy scoring. I knew going in that I wanted Aaron Rodgers, and I knew he wouldn't be there for my second pick at 19. In a run-heavy scoring league (like most) I would have gone with AP or Rice, but I felt that Rodgers was worth it here.
FuriousGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #45
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn connection failed and I ended up with Tony Homo and Jahvid Best. Jahvid I'm ok with it....but Homo?!?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #46
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Damn connection failed and I ended up with Tony Homo and Jahvid Best. Jahvid I'm ok with it....but Homo?!?
He'll be good for you though lov him or hate him.
Old 08-31-2010   #47
TheBigpaki
Veteran

Rep Power: 760 TheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousGravy View Post
It's fairly passer heavy scoring. I knew going in that I wanted Aaron Rodgers, and I knew he wouldn't be there for my second pick at 19. In a run-heavy scoring league (like most) I would have gone with AP or Rice, but I felt that Rodgers was worth it here.
I wouldn't say it is a passer heavy scoring. It's 1 point for every 50 yards thrown compared to 1 point for every 10 yards rushed. So a running back with a 100 yd game gets you minimum 10 points compared to QB having to throw for 500 yards to do the same. The TD points are the same for both, with 6 points each.
TheBigpaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #48
TheBigpaki
Veteran

Rep Power: 760 TheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respectedTheBigpaki is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly don't think you guys have a shot at beating me anyways.

QB-Tom Brady, Eli Manning
WR-Andre Johnson,Dez Bryant, Donald Driver, Santana Moss, Joshua Cribbs, Deving Aromashodu
RB- Rashard Mendenhall, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams
TE-Vernon Davis, Dustin Keller
K-Nate Kaeding
Def-New York(JETS)
IDP-Danieal Manning,Antrel Rolle, DeMarcus Ware, London Fletcher

You might as well end the league and declare me champion
TheBigpaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #49
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigpaki View Post

WR-Andre Johnson,Dez Bryant, Donald Driver, Santana Moss, Joshua Cribbs, Deving Aromashodu
K-Nate Kaeding
Def-New York(JETS)

Nah - I for one think I'll go ahead and play it out.
Old 08-31-2010   #50
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigpaki View Post

K-Nate Kaeding
Def-New York(JETS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Nah - I for one think I'll go ahead and play it out.
I think I'll do the same. Brady will go out with another injury in Game 1 courtesy of Antwan Odom.

At RB, Benson isn't a bad backup, but he's down.....you better hope Cadillac has his spinners going or if he's rolling on all spares.

At WR, other than AJ, you better hope:

a) Dez becomes #1 wideout
b) Driver plays better than Jennings
c) Moss actually does something this season
d) Aromawhodahell can play, and...
e) if Cribbs is involved in the offense other than returns.

No backup for DEF?

Other than that, you aight.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Old 08-31-2010   #51
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

My team sucks. I hate picking 10th. It screws up the whole draft to me.

I'm still gonna make you all pee down your legs this season.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #52
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I did not plan out my bye weeks very well, but I am happy enough with my draft.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #53
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I have three very good QB's and I'd like another star RB or WR. Anyone want to trade? Let me know.
Old 08-31-2010   #54
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I have three very good QB's and I'd like another star RB or WR. Anyone want to trade? Let me know.
I have two very middle-of-the-pack QB's, but I've got stud #1 & #2 WR's, a pretty decent backfield, and a TE that I'm expecting huge things from.
Old 08-31-2010   #55
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I have two very middle-of-the-pack QB's, but I've got stud #1 & #2 WR's, a pretty decent backfield, and a TE that I'm expecting huge things from.
Which team are you?
Old 08-31-2010   #56
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Which team are you?
Topeka Destroyers.
Old 08-31-2010   #57
gary
Hall of Fame

I have sent a purposed deal to you.
Old 09-09-2010   #58
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its on people!
Old 09-14-2010   #59
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Hey guys, I forgot to add this and I didn't realize it until after the leagues were started.

Under Time players are on waivers, I'm changing it from None to 2 days so everyone can get an opportunity for the free agents.

Old 09-28-2010   #60
rmartin65
I'm Score

I am putting Calvin Johnson on the trade block.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read