Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-27-2010   #21
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Annual TexansTalk FFL

Okay - I'm in.
Old 08-27-2010   #22
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks guys for joining. 2 more!

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #23
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

What the hell. Let me create an account, then I am in.

EDIT: Just signed up
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #24
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

One more team is needed.
Old 08-27-2010   #25
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang it, I deleted my team and tried to join this one and it was full Oh well, I still have an ESPN one so its alright. Good Luck everyone!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #26
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Dang it, I deleted my team and tried to join this one and it was full Oh well, I still have an ESPN one so its alright. Good Luck everyone!
Aren't you in my ESPN league?
Old 08-27-2010   #27
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Still need 1 more in Mad's NFL.com league... See 2 posts or so below this thread.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #28
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Texan4Ever, I PM'd you.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #29
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Aren't you in my ESPN league?
Yep, I'm still in. No problems because since school started I don't have time to handle multiple fantasy teams.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #30
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Yep, I'm still in. No problems because since school started I don't have time to handle multiple fantasy teams.
How did the draft go for you?
Old 08-30-2010   #31
FuriousGravy
Rookie

Draft in about an hour. I noticed that the commish set it up to where we'll have defenseive players instead of defensive teams. It's currently set to 4 defensive players and the defensive scoring as as follows:

Tackle Solo 1
Tackle Assist .5
Sack 2
Interception 2
Defensive Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2

I also noticed that for the offensive stats, passing stats are weighted higher than the Yahoo default. To see all the scoring, check here:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....90178/settings

Just posting this so that everyone has a chance to make adjustments to their draft strategy.
FuriousGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010   #32
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousGravy View Post
Draft in about an hour. I noticed that the commish set it up to where we'll have defenseive players instead of defensive teams. It's currently set to 4 defensive players and the defensive scoring as as follows:

Tackle Solo 1
Tackle Assist .5
Sack 2
Interception 2
Defensive Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2

I also noticed that for the offensive stats, passing stats are weighted higher than the Yahoo default. To see all the scoring, check here:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....90178/settings

Just posting this so that everyone has a chance to make adjustments to their draft strategy.
My strategy is to knock the piss out of every one of ya'll
Old 08-30-2010   #33
Pollardized
Division Champ

Damn 10th pick.
Old 08-30-2010   #34
JT
Justin Tripper

Rep Power: 63 JT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respectedJT is a quality contributor and well respected

Did ya fill your league?
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010   #35
Pollardized
Division Champ

drafting in 9 minutes
Old 08-30-2010   #36
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its taking forever for the draft thing to load up. Is that normal (never played on yahoo before)?
Old 08-30-2010   #37
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Try refreshing your screen. Worked for me.
Old 08-30-2010   #38
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Try refreshing your screen. Worked for me.
It seems to get stuck about a quarter inch from the end of the screen. What pick am I - Thundar's Thunder?
Old 08-30-2010   #39
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
It seems to get stuck about a quarter inch from the end of the screen. What pick am I - Thundar's Thunder?
It takes a few minutes. Be patient. Did you do the test?
Old 08-30-2010   #40
FuriousGravy
Rookie

Draft results for anyone following along.

Round 1
1. Chris Johnson Strikers
2. Aaron Rodgers Houston Javelinas
3. Adrian Peterson Thundar's Thunder
4. Maurice Jones-Drew RwB
5. Peyton Manning Houston Texans
6. Ray Rice Topeka Destroyers
7. Michael Turner ArlingtonBeaumonts
8. Andre Johnson Thebigpaki
9. Frank Gore HoustonTexans4Life
10. Drew Brees Pollardizers
Round 2
1. Arian Foster Pollardizers
2. Ryan Mathews HoustonTexans4Life
3. Rashard Mendenhall Thebigpaki
4. Shonn Greene ArlingtonBeaumonts
5. Randy Moss Topeka Destroyers
6. Brandon Marshall Houston Texans
7. DeAngelo Williams RwB
8. Calvin Johnson Thundar's Thunder
9. Larry Fitzgerald Houston Javelinas
10. Miles Austin Strikers
Round 3
1. Matt Schaub Strikers
2. DeSean Jackson Houston Javelinas
3. Reggie Wayne Thundar's Thunder
4. Steven Jackson RwB
5. Ryan Grant Houston Texans
6. Roddy White Topeka Destroyers
7. Pierre Thomas ArlingtonBeaumonts
8. Cedric Benson Thebigpaki
9. Jahvid Best HoustonTexans4Life
10. Anquan Boldin Pollardizers
Round 4
1. Marques Colston Pollardizers
2. Tony Romo HoustonTexans4Life
3. Tom Brady Thebigpaki
4. Greg Jennings ArlingtonBeaumonts
5. Jonathan Stewart Topeka Destroyers
6. Wes Welker Houston Texans
7. Steve Smith RwB
8. LeSean McCoy Thundar's Thunder
9. Knowshon Moreno Houston Javelinas
10. Dallas Clark Strikers
Round 5
1. Matt Forte Strikers
2. Jamaal Charles Houston Javelinas
3. Philip Rivers Thundar's Thunder
4. Steve Smith RwB
5. Chad Ochocinco Houston Texans
6. Jermichael Finley Topeka Destroyers
7. Antonio Gates ArlingtonBeaumonts
8. Vernon Davis Thebigpaki
9. Percy Harvin HoustonTexans4Life
10. C.J. Spiller Pollardizers
Round 6
1. Hines Ward Pollardizers
2. Michael Crabtree HoustonTexans4Life
3. New York Thebigpaki
4. Dwayne Bowe ArlingtonBeaumonts
5. Beanie Wells Topeka Destroyers
6. Owen Daniels Houston Texans
7. Brett Favre RwB
8. Jason Witten Thundar's Thunder
9. Pierre Garcon Houston Javelinas
10. Hakeem Nicks Strikers
Round 7
1. Minnesota Strikers
2. Marion Barber Houston Javelinas
3. Pittsburgh Thundar's Thunder
4. Mike Sims-Walker RwB
5. Jacoby Jones Houston Texans
6. Mike Wallace Topeka Destroyers
7. Patrick Willis ArlingtonBeaumonts
8. Dez Bryant Thebigpaki
9. Brent Celek HoustonTexans4Life
10. Tony Gonzalez Pollardizers
Round 8
1. Reggie Bush Pollardizers
2. Philadelphia HoustonTexans4Life
3. Donald Driver Thebigpaki
4. Joseph Addai ArlingtonBeaumonts
5. Kevin Kolb Topeka Destroyers
6. Felix Jones Houston Texans
7. Kellen Winslow RwB
8. Robert Meachem Thundar's Thunder
9. Visanthe Shiancoe Houston Javelinas
10. Ronnie Brown Strikers
Round 9
1. Jeremy Maclin Strikers
2. DeMeco Ryans Houston Javelinas
3. Thomas Jones Thundar's Thunder
4. San Francisco RwB
5. Chris Cooley Houston Texans
6. Jon Beason Topeka Destroyers
7. Johnny Knox ArlingtonBeaumonts
8. Santana Moss Thebigpaki
9. Vincent Jackson HoustonTexans4Life
10. Green Bay Pollardizers
Round 10
1. Bernard Pollard Pollardizers
2. Jared Allen HoustonTexans4Life
3. Brandon Jacobs Thebigpaki
4. Matt Ryan ArlingtonBeaumonts
5. Baltimore Topeka Destroyers
6. Lee Evans Houston Texans
7. Stephen Gostkowski RwB
8. Julius Peppers Thundar's Thunder
9. Derrick Mason Houston Javelinas
10. Garrett Hartley Strikers
Round 11
1. Dominique Barber Strikers
2. Charles Woodson Houston Javelinas
3. Ryan Longwell Thundar's Thunder
4. Lardarius Webb RwB
5. Joe Flacco Houston Texans
6. D.J. Williams Topeka Destroyers
7. Ahmad Bradshaw ArlingtonBeaumonts
8. Eli Manning Thebigpaki
9. T.J. Houshmandzadeh HoustonTexans4Life
10. Carson Palmer Pollardizers
Round 12
1. Terrell Owens Pollardizers
2. Mark Sanchez HoustonTexans4Life
3. Nate Kaeding Thebigpaki
4. Barrett Ruud ArlingtonBeaumonts
5. Michael Bush Topeka Destroyers
6. Ben Roethlisberger Houston Texans
7. Mike Vrabel RwB
8. Justin Forsett Thundar's Thunder
9. Ricky Williams Houston Javelinas
10. Justin Miller Strikers
Round 13
1. Will Blackmon Strikers
2. Ray Lewis Houston Javelinas
3. Mario Williams Thundar's Thunder
4. Eric Smith RwB
5. Kevin Walter Houston Texans
6. Malcom Floyd Topeka Destroyers
7. Vince Young ArlingtonBeaumonts
8. Chris Crocker Thebigpaki
9. Zach Miller HoustonTexans4Life
10. LaDainian Tomlinson Pollardizers
Round 14
1. Rob Bironas Pollardizers
2. Dallas HoustonTexans4Life
3. Craig Terrill Thebigpaki
4. David Harris ArlingtonBeaumonts
5. James Laurinaitis Topeka Destroyers
6. Heath Miller Houston Texans
7. Dan Klecko RwB
8. Adrian Wilson Thundar's Thunder
9. Sidney Rice Houston Javelinas
10. Leodis McKelvin Strikers
Round 15
1. Jay Cutler Strikers
2. Mason Crosby Houston Javelinas
3. Eddie Royal Thundar's Thunder
4. Jerome Harrison RwB
5. New Orleans Houston Texans
6. Devin Hester Topeka Destroyers
7. Karlos Dansby ArlingtonBeaumonts
8. Danieal Manning Thebigpaki
9. Brian Cushing HoustonTexans4Life
10. Toby Gerhart Pollardizers
Round 16
1. Austin Collie Pollardizers
2. Yeremiah Bell HoustonTexans4Life
3. Antrel Rolle Thebigpaki
4. Jabar Gaffney ArlingtonBeaumonts
5. Tyvon Branch Topeka Destroyers
6. David Akers Houston Texans
7. Clinton Portis RwB
8. Jermaine Gresham Thundar's Thunder
9. James Harrison Houston Javelinas
10. Fred Jackson Strikers
Round 17
1. Laurence Maroney Strikers
2. Brian Hartline Houston Javelinas
3. New York Thundar's Thunder
4. Matthew Stafford RwB
5. Jonathan Stupar Houston Texans
6. Donovan McNabb Topeka Destroyers
7. San Diego ArlingtonBeaumonts
8. Carnell Williams Thebigpaki
9. David Hawthorne HoustonTexans4Life
10. Jonathan Vilma Pollardizers
Round 18
1. Lance Briggs Pollardizers
2. Kirk Morrison HoustonTexans4Life
3. Devin Aromashodu Thebigpaki
4. Mohamed Massaquoi ArlingtonBeaumonts
5. Lawrence Tynes Topeka Destroyers
6. Quintin Demps Houston Texans
7. John Carlson RwB
8. Roman Harper Thundar's Thunder
9. Oakland Houston Javelinas
10. Kenny Britt Strikers
Round 19
1. Greg Olsen Strikers
2. Golden Tate Houston Javelinas
3. Dexter McCluster Thundar's Thunder
4. Braylon Edwards RwB
5. Troy Polamalu Houston Texans
6. Steve Slaton Topeka Destroyers
7. Tim Hightower ArlingtonBeaumonts
8. Dustin Keller Thebigpaki
9. Jay Feely HoustonTexans4Life
10. Brian Dawkins Pollardizers
Round 20
1. Sebastian Janikowski Pollardizers
2. Paul Posluszny HoustonTexans4Life
3. Rian Lindell Thebigpaki
4. Ryan Succop ArlingtonBeaumonts
5. Steve Breaston Topeka Destroyers
6. Jon McGraw Houston Texans
7. Miami RwB
8. Gerald McCoy Thundar's Thunder
9. Darren Sproles Houston Javelinas
10. Josh Scobee Strikers
FuriousGravy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read