Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-06-2010   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: I Hate This Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
CJ might not be the sharpest tool in the shed but he can put a team on his back and carry them to victory. Hands down I would rather have Chris Johnson on my team then A Johnson if forced to make the choice.
CJ rushes for 2000 yards. You end the season at 8-8. & you think CJ Carried you to victory.

CJ is not the dullest tool in the shed either.
Old 08-06-2010   #62
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 96950 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
CJ might not be the sharpest tool in the shed but he can put a team on his back and carry them to victory. Hands down I would rather have Chris Johnson on my team then A Johnson if forced to make the choice.

Thanks for playing BA!!
Old 08-06-2010   #63
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52150 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They were 2 seperate comments. CJ put up better numbers in both games.

CJ almost put up double his output from last season in the games combined.

But I would add the 284 all purpose and 3 TDs vs 149 and 2 TD is pretty darn close to doubling.
So you were only referring to 2009? You left out half of Chris Johnson's career? Why would you do that?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010   #64
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They were 2 seperate comments. CJ put up better numbers in both games.

CJ almost put up double his output from last season in the games combined.

But I would add the 284 all purpose and 3 TDs vs 149 and 2 TD is pretty darn close to doubling.

I'm thinking CJ probably touched the rock twice as much as well.

No one is saying he's not a good player...But to compare All purpose yards of a RB to receiving yards for a WR is kinda pointless...

The thing is CJ had that great season and you guys went 8-8. That's not carrying anyone IMO. Also, history tells us he's not likely to repeat that performance or even come close to it again. Also, by nature of him being a RB and getting all those carries you guys are so proud of, it'll undoubtedly shorten his career.

I guess what I'm saying is....I hope you guys enjoyed what he did last year
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010   #65
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 96950 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm thinking CJ probably touched the rock twice as much as well.
Try 4 x's:

CJ - 408 total touches.

AJ - 103 total touches.
Old 08-06-2010   #66
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Try 4 x's:

CJ - 408 total touches.

AJ - 103 total touches.
So that extra 305 touches got him an extra 930 yds

3.05 yds per touch...meh
Old 08-06-2010   #67
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Try 4 x's:

CJ - 408 total touches.

AJ - 103 total touches.
How many times was he thrown to and did not catch the ball?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010   #68
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
So you were only referring to 2009? You left out half of Chris Johnson's career? Why would you do that?
The comment was made about last season so that is what I was comparing. It is not possible to judge there careers because CJ has not been in the league as long as AJ.

Old 08-06-2010   #69
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
How many times was he thrown to and did not catch the ball?
Rarely. Did you see that catch at Tennessee last season?

Here it is if you need to see it again: Verner is my *****
Old 08-06-2010   #70
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Rarely. Did you see that catch at Tennessee last season?

Here it is if you need to see it again: Verner is my *****
No one ever said AJ is not good. Actually to be honest I would say he in the top 3 WR playing right now.

Also notice they bring up he dropped to easy ones earlier. Rarely is probably an understatement.

BTW during that game I was talking to Childress and I told him AJ was about to drop a ton on us if Cecil did not pull his head out and get Harper off of AJ.

Old 08-06-2010   #71
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well lets see I have been a member longer then you. I respect Hookem but he did not help my board. Yes some of your members come to our board and know they are going to get it just like I expect your board not to bend over and agree with me all the time.

Wow one winning season. Is the statue up yet? How were the playoffs? Oh wait sorry.
Well I dont think you get statues for playoff losses do you if so Spud would have alot.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010   #72
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86827 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The comment was made about last season so that is what I was comparing. It is not possible to judge there careers because CJ has not been in the league as long as AJ.
I don't believe for one second that you would rather have CJ over AJ. A top elite WR is always going to be a better weapon to have than a top elite RB. For one they last longer in their careers, and for two you don't have to have a top elite RB to have a good running game. You need a good O line and you can be alright and you certainly don't have to have the best running game in the league to be successful. With WR's it's different. You can't just expect to have a great passing game because your O line is good or because you have a real good QB. QB's need weapons and elite level WR's like AJ or Fitz are hard to come by while finding a great RB can be pretty easy to come by.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010   #73
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Let's just quite the bashing and have a chat while comparing stats from both teams. It's really easy.
Old 08-06-2010   #74
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't believe for one second that you would rather have CJ over AJ. A top elite WR is always going to be a better weapon to have than a top elite RB. For one they last longer in their careers, and for two you don't have to have a top elite RB to have a good running game. You need a good O line and you can be alright and you certainly don't have to have the best running game in the league to be successful. With WR's it's different. You can't just expect to have a great passing game because your O line is good or because you have a real good QB. QB's need weapons and elite level WR's like AJ or Fitz are hard to come by while finding a great RB can be pretty easy to come by.
I think the point is debatable. I agree a RB will not have as many quality seasons as a WR will but I also think a good RB is not that easy to come by as you make it sound. Each player works well on there respective teams. The Texans have always liked to play a much more open offense and an elite WR compliments that. The Titans play Fisher ball. Grind it out and clock management. An elite RB works well in that system. Remember we also have VY as our QB who has accuracy issues and before that we had Collins who is notorious for under throwing the ball and setting his WRs up for injury. On the Titans I would rather have the elite RB hands down.

Old 08-06-2010   #75
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

An elite WR would be wasted on the Titans. You don't have anyone that can throw him the football.
Old 08-06-2010   #76
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
An elite WR would be wasted on the Titans. You don't have anyone that can throw him the football.
Old 08-06-2010   #77
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 274119 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
No, that was the Colts that left in the middle of the night. Modell did the same as Adams, bitched about needing a new stadium, etc then finally took off for a better deal. However I don't see the difference.

If you wake up one morning and find your wife has ran off with another man, or she tells you in advance that she is running off with another man, what's the difference?? She is still a winch.

The only reason Bud Adams didn't leave Houston overnight is because he couldn't due to his contractual obligations to the Astrodome.

So if the Cowboys moved to Boise Idaho and became the Idaho Potato Heads you would have no ill feelings towards your former team or Jerry Jones? (assuming you would not be one of those morons that would still support a team that turns its back on its fanbase)
"Morons" is a nice way to put it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I believe that Bud really wanted to stay, but Bob Lanier called his bluff.
Actually, it's the opposite. We can dig up the news stories, but Lanier caved and Bud still moved the team.

Besides, ONE MAN owns the team. A mayor cannot force a team to move. That decision was made by ONE MAN. If Slug wanted to stay, he sure had a strange way of showing, but I'm not buying it for a minute when documented history is on the side that shows his greedy intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Let's just quite the bashing and have a chat while comparing stats from both teams. It's really easy.
It's the smack forum, Gary. The talk you're looking for will be in the forum called The National Football League. This particular forum requires thick reptilian skin.
Old 08-06-2010   #78
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 90531 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Blah blah blah.

Do you guys have a link that you just regurgatate this stuff from?

I guess I would hate the Texans too if they were good.
Quote:
geez someone woke up on the wrong side of there moms couch ....
Quote:
Not sure how to take that .... if you are saying she passed then I was just joking around with you and my condolances.

If not then she is probably making the cape for your super hero costume you wear to bed.
Quote:
Tsk, tsk, these errors coming from somebody who went to a College that most all of us wouldn't be able to get in to?

Come on, FlamingWheelbarrow, hop on your sybian and go back to fantasizing about VY and CJ making a sausage sandwich out of you.
Old 08-06-2010   #79
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Tsk, tsk, these errors coming from somebody who went to a College that most all of us wouldn't be able to get in to?

Come on, FlamingWheelbarrow, hop on your sybian and go back to fantasizing about VY and CJ making a sausage sandwich out of you.
Almost entirely based on my math skill. When you only miss one question in the math sections on the ACT and SAT plus take AP math classes it goes a long way. Never professed to be a grammatical wiz.

I see you still can't actually think of anything football related to say. At least you are consistent.

Old 08-06-2010   #80
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read