Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2005   #21
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Mercury|
One thing you guys need to remember about Symons is this is the first time (apart from a brief NFL Europe appearance) that he has touched a football in an NFL game. If the Galaxy hadn't been wasting their time with Akili Smith all season he might have gotten more minutes. I want to see Symons play a bit more before I make a judgement call, I think Ragone could turn into a decent backup if he gets some reps.
Honestly.. I can see why they didnt give BJ Symons more time on the Galaxy team. Sad thing is, you mean Parsons who we released was worse... Does not bod well for him.
Old 08-14-2005   #22
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
Ragone wasn't great but I think you're confusing him with Symons. That was just horrible in more ways than I want to imagine.

I'm not confused at all! They both stunk! If Carr goes down this year, and Banks leaves, we are in a world of HURT!! BUT, being the eternal optimist that I TRY to be!! MAYBE Ragone will improve. He's got to get the European league out of his system. Time will tell.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #23
Holden135
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
I'm not confused at all! They both stunk! If Carr goes down this year, and Banks leaves, we are in a world of HURT!! BUT, being the eternal optimist that I TRY to be!! MAYBE Ragone will improve. He's got to get the European league out of his system. Time will tell.
I agree, we cant afford to get rid of Banks he is our only other qb with any experience and the only other qb that can get anything done out there. Ragone and Symons were horrible. Yea Ragone had a good drive late but he looked like a high school qb in all his other drives. I say we just let the Bears be miserable this year and not trade with them.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #24
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Ragone seems to be a slow starter and a guy who is not a good practice player. I am not as down on him as some of you guys, but there are times where he makes us all cringe. As he plays deeper into games he seems to get a rhythm and he looks more comfy later than sooner in games. I am not sure Symons has the arm to play in the NFL.

Why would we trade one of our QBs' to the Bears so we can just be in their position if Carr gets hurt?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005   #25
texan_fan
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to texan_fan

For what it's worth...

Didn't Banks lead us to a win over Carolina?

Hasn't he shown he's a solid backup?

And, don't forget, he broke his hand last year...

Give the poor guy some time to work out the kinks...
texan_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #26
phan1
All Pro

I really want to keep Banks. He's been really good for us, and I think we're pretty lucky to have him as a #2 QB. I think he could easily start on some teams like Chicago and Washington, and he could easily compete for starting jobs at various other places.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #27
TexHorns
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
I doubt that it would be wise to trade Banks or Ragone especially with the state of the offensive line. I would carry three QB's just in case
I couldn't agree more. Banks is our only back up that has proven he can win in the NFL. Maybe ya'll dont remember the game in Jacksonville when Ragone started. If the line doesnt start pass protecting this year "knock on wood" we could go through QB's like paper plates. Good thing Carr can scramble.
TexHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #28
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_fan
For what it's worth...

Didn't Banks lead us to a win over Carolina?

Hasn't he shown he's a solid backup?

And, don't forget, he broke his hand last year...

Give the poor guy some time to work out the kinks...
I think he broke his hand 2 years ago, when we played Atlanta. I remember because I was trying to watch some of it in the Atlanta airport after visiting relatives for Thanksgiving, and when he had to go out I was sure the **** was about to hit the fan while I was in enemy territory. We had to leave though for the flight home and I later learned they won that game.

They also won the game against Tennesse while I was between airports (changing flights in Houston to continue on to Austin so I saw a few minutes) and that was the big comeback that I was feeling pretty down about. The pathetic thing was that I planned to watch the end of it in Austin's airport but they were showing Eagles-Giants crap instead. Got the call from my dad while I was driving back to San Marcos.

Guess I will ask this here while I'm ranting on...anyone know if they show the preseason games in the San Marcos area?

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #29
outofhnd
All Pro

the bears really have nothing we could really use here that would pique our interest in trading banks. not to mention how would he compete for the starting job in chicago race grossman down a hill in a wheelchair? the bears just want a guy that doesnt make too many mistakes to hand the ball off to benson, and occasionally throw a high ball to mushin.
Old 08-16-2005   #30
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I'm pretty sure the Bears picked up veteran QB Jeff Blake. Don't think they'd have much interest in Banks.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #31
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Sandy, with all due respect, I don't think your looking at the big picture.

Dave Ragone had a very good game by all standards. He was 5-8 for 56 yds. and a TD, he had a 62.5 completion % and a 122.9 rating. He did this with a second, third and lower string mix. I would like to see what he can do with the starters. That been said, I would not bet the house on him just yet. He also did this against second and third string mix.

Tony is a solid backup and one preseason game is not the way to judge anyone but I feel we have a good situation here with our backups.
Old 08-16-2005   #32
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Chicago has a hot rookie QB in Ortman who will likely be the starter by game 6 if not sooner. Blake & company will just keep the seat warm until he is ready and try not to lose to many games. They have a stout defense and if they keep the mistakes down, they will do all right. Probably an 8-8 team.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #33
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
Honestly, I dont many teams out there who isnt terrible with thier 2nd and third string QB in there.
Old 08-16-2005   #34
HardCoreTxn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HardCoreTxn Send a message via MSN to HardCoreTxn Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreTxn

I havent liked Ragone or Banks from day 1, I wish they would trade them both to Tennessee for Billy Volek
Old 08-16-2005   #35
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreTxn
I havent liked Ragone or Banks from day 1, I wish they would trade them both to Tennessee for Billy Volek
Yeah because Volek is looking to leave TEN to come back up a younger QB.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #36
wrestler4life
Veteran

Well, with Symons out, we can't afford to trade any QB's now, We only have three to begin with.
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #37
Jakebrake
Rookie

Default Well as of a few hours ago

Houston is back up to 5 QB's. Mr Parsons was called back to the team. I imagine he will get some playing time this weekend against the Raiders. He lit them up in preseason a couple years ago when he was with the Cards.

Last edited by Jakebrake; 08-16-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #38
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakebrake
Houston is back up to 5 QB's. Mr Parsons was called back to the team. I imagine he will get some playing time this weekend against the Raiders. He lit them up in preseason a couple years ago when he was with the Cards.

are you in love with parsons or something?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #39
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
are you in love with parsons or something?

lol, BUSTED!
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #40
SESupergenius

No need to trade Banks, our offensive line is going to put Carr in the garage for a few games and we will NEED Banks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read