Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 08-04-2010   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bleacher 2011 Mock Draft

Quote:
With the 20th pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Houston Texans select...

DeAndre McDaniel, safety from Clemson University

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...-round#page/21

beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #2
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Bleacher 2011 Mock Draft

Is this with Gary as the head coach? Just joking.
Old 08-04-2010   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, how did you convince McNair to sign off on a "punch her in the face and throw the girlfriend down the stairs" guy? Has he changed his mind set?
Old 08-04-2010   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

BL the only thing that really stick out as a ? to me is Alabamba RB Ingram going so low. Do you think he'll fall out of top 15?
Old 08-04-2010   #5
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
BL the only thing that really stick out as a ? to me is Alabamba RB Ingram going so low. Do you think he'll fall out of top 15?
He also has 3 QB in the top 5 and 0 LT in the top 10.

The fact that it's a 2011 mock draft in August of 2010 makes it obvious that it's a "get to know the top prospects" more than an actual attempt at any serious projection, but this sorts of oversights just make that doubly clear.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
He also has 3 QB in the top 5 and 0 LT in the top 10.

The fact that it's a 2011 mock draft in August of 2010 makes it obvious that it's a "get to know the top prospects" more than an actual attempt at any serious projection, but this sorts of oversights just make that doubly clear.
Yeah but it is fun to speculate and as a draft guy I like to see these mocks.
Old 08-04-2010   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont know about the rest of you guys, but I love early mocks. I like seeing what people think of the players, even if it is extremely early.

The Texans wont pick DeAndre McDaniel. I would love for it to happen (especially if the draft breaks down that way), as he is fast, strong and instinctive, but his off-field transactions will prevent his drafting.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2010   #8
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Yeah but it is fun to speculate and as a draft guy I like to see these mocks.
Oh, I agree. I love to see people's opinions on how the players I watch in college will project in the NFL. All I'm saying is you can't get caught up in minutia like above because these things are so raw right now that those types of details aren't even on the radar.
Old 08-05-2010   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, I agree. I love to see people's opinions on how the players I watch in college will project in the NFL. All I'm saying is you can't get caught up in minutia like above because these things are so raw right now that those types of details aren't even on the radar.
thats our point, they're always on the radar. Football is year round now for those of us "into it" what I would call the transference from College Football to the Pros this is what we feed on, football season is upon us so its appropriate to get excited about it.
Old 08-06-2010   #10
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
thats our point, they're always on the radar. Football is year round now for those of us "into it" what I would call the transference from College Football to the Pros this is what we feed on, football season is upon us so its appropriate to get excited about it.
I guess I didn't make myself clear.

If you're constructing a mock draft right now, and are actually trying to hit on which player goes in which slot to which team, then you are deluded. Such an exercise is hard enough the day before the draft. But to attempt to do so when you don't even know the order of the teams picking, much less have an entire season of injuries, unexpected performances, offfield occurances, and academics, declarations, work-outs, post season games, combine, interviews, and endless evaluation ahead of you is simply foolish. That's the minutia I speak of.

Like I said, mock drafts right now are simply a means of getting to know top prospects. To attempt anything further is a wasted exercise.
Old 08-06-2010   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
I guess I didn't make myself clear.

If you're constructing a mock draft right now, and are actually trying to hit on which player goes in which slot to which team, then you are deluded. Such an exercise is hard enough the day before the draft. But to attempt to do so when you don't even know the order of the teams picking, much less have an entire season of injuries, unexpected performances, offfield occurances, and academics, declarations, work-outs, post season games, combine, interviews, and endless evaluation ahead of you is simply foolish. That's the minutia I speak of.

Like I said, mock drafts right now are simply a means of getting to know top prospects. To attempt anything further is a wasted exercise.
No, you make yourself clear. What you do not seem clear on is that what you deem foolish and delusional, many of us on the board enjoy. We understand the limitations but enjoy the effort and interacting with each other. As fantasy football is the "thing" for some, mocks and the planning for them is our "thing". Rather than calling names, why not just go away and allow us our madness? You evidently think we are nuts and we can definitely continue without you. Bye, bye.
Old 08-06-2010   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

It'a all good. most of it just a love affair with the game of football, the truely beautiful thing about draft threads, that most people fail to understand is it's the marriage between College & NFL, really interesting how players prepare, develop, how system/coaches prepare them not to mentions NFL team needs & schemes they run how that affects over all process. While so called experts after constant regurgitation narrow the picks down somewhat, there are still suprises every draft.

This is where we, the fans of NFL teams, like the Texans come in. Our never ending quest to know the available players (underclassman are the wildcard, see Kareem Jackson, he didn't declare until the last minute so he kind of stayed off most peoples radar) and how that balances with priority needs of each NFL organization (again we knew the Texans wanted to address CB but which one? most including us had Kyle Wilson down, but Kareem gets the nod because of the system & coaching he received, plus his background was clean).

The really difficult aspect is not having access to all the information, like during the interview process, the private workouts, background checks etc...so we are limited to the College Football season game film, invitational bowl games, combine & pro days. I'll tell you one thing, might seem like wasted motion, but I dare say its an invalueable tool for fantasy leagues too, after doing this for several years now the familarity of rosters are greatly enhanced, plus you can get a jump of this years bumper crop at the same time.
Old 08-13-2010   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Now, why do you have to go and use the picture in which he is about to truck Christian Ponder and put him out for the season?

TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Now, why do you have to go and use the picture in which he is about to truck Christian Ponder and put him out for the season?

Speaking of Ponder, what are your (hopefully unbiased) opinions on him as a pro QB? When watching him I dont see anything that screams "1st round QB", yet he is the consensus number 2 senior QB.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Speaking of Ponder, what are your (hopefully unbiased) opinions on him as a pro QB? When watching him I dont see anything that screams "1st round QB", yet he is the consensus number 2 senior QB.
I don't really see anything that he can't do. I've seen the guy do it all from running the option, to scrambling and succeeding at that, to throwing the deep ball over the middle, to throwing the deep ball down the sideline, to throwing the intermediate routes, to throwing in the pocket, to throwing out of the pocket, to making smart dump offs, etc etc. He's really smart so I think he can handle everything mentally. One thing he needs to work on is not throwing INTs. He cut down on his INTs per pass significantly last year but he needs to keep working on that. We also need to see if he can stay healthy after he hurt his shoulder last year (tackling DeAndre McDaniel after an INT).

We'll see how he looks this year but I just don't really see anything that he can't do. Check out this video. This play got called back but look at this throw.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I don't really see anything that he can't do. I've seen the guy do it all from running the option, to scrambling and succeeding at that, to throwing the deep ball over the middle, to throwing the deep ball down the sideline, to throwing the intermediate routes, to throwing in the pocket, to throwing out of the pocket, to making smart dump offs, etc etc. He's really smart so I think he can handle everything mentally. One thing he needs to work on is not throwing INTs. He cut down on his INTs per pass significantly last year but he needs to keep working on that. We also need to see if he can stay healthy after he hurt his shoulder last year (tackling DeAndre McDaniel after an INT).

We'll see how he looks this year but I just don't really see anything that he can't do. Check out this video. This play got called back but look at this throw.
something to ponder

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read