Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2010   #1
Sluggo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Sluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I Hate This Team

I hate the Tennessee Titans. I mean I hate the Titans more than the Cowboys and believe me, thats saying something. I hate the Titans maybe the way I hate taxes and humidity.

Maybe it is because they broke my heart when they left us for Possum Holler. Man I used to bleed Columbia Blue; from Dan Pastorini and Campbell to Moon, Drew Hill, and Mike Munchak. When they blew the infamous 32 point lead in Buffalo in the playoffs I swore I was done with them. However when I found myself looking forward to training camp that next year it was then I came to the realization that I was among the most wretched creatures God ever created - an Oilers fan.

When they left us however, it all changed.

Some were able to keep their loyalties, [i]hey it was Bud who screwed us, Bud and Steve Underwood moved the team! Has nothing to do with the players. Yeah I know, but I could never quite make that seperation.

When our Texans began play in the AFC South it was a natural rivalry - given the history anyway, maybe not necessarily between the players. Yet I think it is now. The Vince thing has helped. Certainly made it even more personal among the fans and I believe it has bled over to the players as well - he makes it so personal against us it naturally makes them want to beat him.

Now add the fact that the Titans have had some of the mouthiest players in the league it seems. Yeah a number of them have moved on over the last couple years like Haynesworth, Lindell White, Keith Bullock, and Kyle Vandenbosch. Yet punks like Cortland Finnegan, aka "Andre's *****", and Stephen Tulloch seem eager to take up the slack.

Rivalries make football the intense, awesome pastime that it is, and we seem to have a good one in the AFC South.
Im so ready for the season to begin; I'm ready to kick some Titan ass!
Sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read