Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 07-28-2010   #181
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The more the merrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I'm not entirely sure how an auction draft works. If someone would care to explain it and the majority would be in favor i'd put it in.
I really want no part of an auction draft. But you can go on espn and take part in a mock if you want to see how it works.

But basically, whoevers turn it is nominates a player, then all bid on that player and highest bidder gets him. All start out with the same amount of money.
Old 07-29-2010   #182
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

yea i hate auction drafts. More about budgets and math than actually getting the best players possible
Old 07-29-2010   #183
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never done it or seen it but based on the other comments it sounds like a pain in the rear...
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010   #184
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
I've never done it or seen it but based on the other comments it sounds like a pain in the rear...
Ive never done a real one. But I guess if you cant resist spending all of your money on the first 5 players then the auction style draft is not for you.

All I am saying is that there are 12 Texans fans playing and ALL of them are going to want AJ. And the idea of drafting a team that is FULL of players I wanted, rather than players I could care less about just sounds interesting.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010   #185
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I really want no part of an auction draft. ...
Thirded, fourth... fifth... wherever you're at.
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010   #186
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I really want no part of an auction draft. But you can go on espn and take part in a mock if you want to see how it works.

But basically, whoevers turn it is nominates a player, then all bid on that player and highest bidder gets him. All start out with the same amount of money.
Auctions are better live and in person than over the net.
Old 07-30-2010   #187
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Seems generally opposed at the moment so it looks like we are having a live standard one.
Old 08-08-2010   #188
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected

Draft is next sunday guys. Don't forget to set your pre-draft rankings if by some chance you can't be there.
Old 08-08-2010   #189
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Draft is next sunday guys. Don't forget to set your pre-draft rankings if by some chance you can't be there.
Thanks for the reminder-I'm ready!!
Old 08-12-2010   #190
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected

I pre-set my rankings. As I may be out, do I need to select anything to auto draft my team based on my rankings saved? Also, if by chance I am able to make it - is there a way to turn the auto-draft off (if it is on)?

Just don't wanna slow down the process whether I'm there or not.
Old 08-12-2010   #191
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
I pre-set my rankings. As I may be out, do I need to select anything to auto draft my team based on my rankings saved? Also, if by chance I am able to make it - is there a way to turn the auto-draft off (if it is on)?

Just don't wanna slow down the process whether I'm there or not.
If you are not there for your first pick, after the time elapses you will automatically be put on Auto-draft. If you show up afterwards, a simple click will take you off auto-draft.
Old 08-13-2010   #192
OzzO
.. and then?

Cool, thanks. I should be there... but just in case.
Old 08-14-2010   #193
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Draft tomorrow!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #194
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Hoping we have a good turnout tomorrow. It should be fun!
Old 08-14-2010   #195
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

League was full when I tried. Maybe next season.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010   #196
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Sorry ya missed it bud.
Old 08-15-2010   #197
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Check with Maddict5-last I checked there were still four openings in his league.
Old 08-15-2010   #198
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

2 hours
Old 08-15-2010   #199
Ryan
THIS YEAR

I'm definitely hoping for a middle pick in the 5-7 range. In 12 team or bigger leads, having to wait so long in between picks is really torture. I've already picked #2 overall in one league and #3 in the other so we'll see.

But i think two years in a row in this league, i've been #1 overall for whatever reason.
Old 08-15-2010   #200
ChrisG
Road Fan

Quote:
I'm definitely hoping for a middle pick in the 5-7 range. In 12 team or bigger leads, having to wait so long in between picks is really torture. I've already picked #2 overall in one league and #3 in the other so we'll see.

But i think two years in a row in this league, i've been #1 overall for whatever reason.
i had the last pick last year and the second to last the yr before, hopefully will be better this year.

also my first year without my own draft board, gonna shoot from the hip and c how it turns out

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read