Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 07-16-2010   #21
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FF Draft Suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
AP all day
I think with the looming possibility that Favre doesn't come back, only makes his stock have more potential.
Old 07-16-2010   #22
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90792 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think with the looming possibility that Favre doesn't come back, only makes his stock have more potential.
Even if Farve does come back AD will get his touches. Just try to snap up Gerhart as protection later on.
Old 07-16-2010   #23
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd go AP, if not him I would pick the QB you think will put up the most points: Brady, Peyton, Schaub, Rodgers...whomever. I still believe in going RB with the first pick though.
Old 07-16-2010   #24
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

We just did our draft. I think I'm going to like my team going into next season.

QB: Drew Brees
RB : Knowshon Moreno
RB : Ronnie Brown
WR : Brandon Marshall
WR Marques Colston
WR: Jeremy Maclin
TW : Owen Daniels

Defense: SD Chargers
Kicker Garrett Hartley

Will have to tinker with my bench once I am able to get to the Waiver wire.

I need both OD and Brown to be healthy going into the season. IF they are I think this team will be explosive.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010   #25
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok, just did some mock drafts and wow, all the good RBs are off the board in the first two rounds. Even Brady, Romo, Favre and Schaub all made it to the picks 32 and later in both mocks. So yeah, RB it is...

CJ will likely be #1, Brees #2 because that guy is a huge Saints fan. So, Adrian Peterson or MJD?
I completely agree with what you're doing, and depending on how things fall, you will then have the advantage of having only four picks by two teams between your 2nd and 3rd round pick (assuming it's a snake-type format). I've always liked the options that having picks that close together open up (particularly if your closely following the picks and needs of the two teams that draft between your picks).
Old 07-16-2010   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I completely agree with what you're doing, and depending on how things fall, you will then have the advantage of having only four picks by two teams between your 2nd and 3rd round pick (assuming it's a snake-type format). I've always liked the options that having picks that close together open up (particularly if your closely following the picks and needs of the two teams that draft between your picks).
I wish it were that way, but unfortunately, this is a "random every odd round snake draft". So I have picks 3 and 21 in the first two rounds, then 4th pick in the 3rd, but the three teams that pick before me will be different than the two after me in the 2nd... so it's all over the place. Very difficult to predict others picks in this type of draft and we have no trades in this league, so I gotta draft good.
Old 07-16-2010   #27
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90792 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wish it were that way, but unfortunately, this is a "random every odd round snake draft". So I have picks 3 and 21 in the first two rounds, then 4th pick in the 3rd, but the three teams that pick before me will be different than the two after me in the 2nd... so it's all over the place. Very difficult to predict others picks in this type of draft and we have no trades in this league, so I gotta draft good.
Mercy, where are you playing that league at? Sounds sucky to me.
Old 07-16-2010   #28
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Mercy, where are you playing that league at? Sounds sucky to me.
It's with a bunch of co-workers. Two 12 team leagues. There was a big hoopla last year over a trade someone tried to do during the preseason, and the commish didn't want to deal with bickering anymore so he turned off trades.

The draft order thing has been like that since I joined. I thought it was retarded, but the commish likes it. This league isn't all that fantastic, but I do have a few friends and a bunch of co-workers in it, so I don't want to leave.
Old 07-16-2010   #29
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

those are some crazy draft rules being random and all.

I gotta go with the consensus and roll with AP at #3 and they are the same reasons JB gave. Basically, there aren't a lot of good RBs and there are plenty of good QBs that will put points on the board for you. Go for QB after you have at least 2 or even 3 starters, and if possible try and get the QB of your #1 WR and/or #1 TE.

Nothing better than the doublescore on your QBs TDs. Rivers to Jackson and Gates last year was golden. Won my first Super Bowl after 11 years of being our league's fantasy football equivalent of the Buffalo Bills. (9 playoff appearances including 4 SuperBowl appearances without a title)

my team last year was sick (8 team league)
Rivers
Peterson
Gore
Andre Johnson
Fitzgerald
Vincent Jackson
Gates
Akers
Ravens

and some good guys on the bench like Johnathan Stewart who dominated late in the season when it was FF playoff time.

Go with RB in 1st then best RB or WR in the 2nd, then start looking at what other teams still need a QB and act accordingly in order to still land a quality QB at a position of high value. drafting against the grain can help too. when people are scrambling to fill WR draft QB. when people are scrambling for RB draft WR. Once you have some quality starters, be the first to look at TE and Kicker. The difference between the top5 TEs and the rest of the guys is astronomical...and as any fantasy football veteran knows, the Kicker can win a lot of games for you when points are at a premium.
Old 07-16-2010   #30
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Rivers
Peterson
Gore
Andre Johnson
Fitzgerald
Vincent Jackson
Gates
Akers
Ravens

and some good guys on the bench like Johnathan Stewart who dominated late in the season when it was FF playoff time.
That team is sick! I know an eight team league, but how in the world did the other managers let you pull that off?
Old 07-17-2010   #31
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
those are some crazy draft rules being random and all.

I gotta go with the consensus and roll with AP at #3 and they are the same reasons JB gave. Basically, there aren't a lot of good RBs and there are plenty of good QBs that will put points on the board for you. Go for QB after you have at least 2 or even 3 starters, and if possible try and get the QB of your #1 WR and/or #1 TE.

Nothing better than the doublescore on your QBs TDs. Rivers to Jackson and Gates last year was golden. Won my first Super Bowl after 11 years of being our league's fantasy football equivalent of the Buffalo Bills. (9 playoff appearances including 4 SuperBowl appearances without a title)

Rivers
Peterson
Gore
Andre Johnson
Fitzgerald
Vincent Jackson
Gates
Akers
Ravens

Go with RB in 1st then best RB or WR in the 2nd, then start looking at what other teams still need a QB and act accordingly in order to still land a quality QB at a position of high value. drafting against the grain can help too. when people are scrambling to fill WR draft QB. when people are scrambling for RB draft WR. Once you have some quality starters, be the first to look at TE and Kicker. The difference between the top5 TEs and the rest of the guys is astronomical...and as any fantasy football veteran knows, the Kicker can win a lot of games for you when points are at a premium.
Yeah, I'm actually comfortable with getting Favre, Chad Henne or Kolb as a QB in a later round. I like the upside of Henne now that they have Brandon Marshall.

How the hell do you get AP, AJ and Fitz? Did you have the #1 pick overall? I could see that happening, 1 get AP, 16/17 get the WRs, but man... you got lucky with all the high rated busts of Forte, Slaton, Calvin Johnson, etc...
Old 07-19-2010   #32
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting draft I just completed. 10 teams. 6PPT across the board. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF/ST.

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/draft/719487

I am Blake #6.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010   #33
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is a beast. easy to follow & easy to support, I would take him over CJ or Drew Brees
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #34
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
We just did our draft. I think I'm going to like my team going into next season.

QB: Drew Brees
RB : Knowshon Moreno
RB : Ronnie Brown
WR : Brandon Marshall
WR Marques Colston
WR: Jeremy Maclin
TW : Owen Daniels

Defense: SD Chargers
Kicker Garrett Hartley

Will have to tinker with my bench once I am able to get to the Waiver wire.

I need both OD and Brown to be healthy going into the season. IF they are I think this team will be explosive.
This is why I don't like early drafts-this looked great two weeks ago but now not so much-check out Moreno's injury...
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #35
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Well, I finished my draft on Saturday night. I had the #3 pick and ended up with this team:

Team Purple Draaaaaaaaank!

QB: Joe Flacco
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Steven Jackson
WR: Steve Smith (Car)
WR: Donald Driver
RB/WR/TE: Jerome Harrison
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Shayne Graham
DST: Saints

RS: Donovan McNabb
RS: Thomas Jones
RS: Michael Crabtree
RS: Greg Olsen
RS: Jamarcus Russell - third to last pick of the draft lol!

I'm happy with it, the only problem is that Jamarcus takes up two bench spots...

Also, this is my team icon:
Old 08-27-2010   #36
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can anyone give me a link to a good cheat sheet?
Old 08-27-2010   #37
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Can anyone give me a link to a good cheat sheet?
No such thing as a good cheat sheet unless you make it yourself IMO. But here are some links to regular cheat sheets.

http://football.about.com/cs/cheatsheets/a/bl_cheat.htm

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/2010/cheatsheets.cfm

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/...board-football

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read