Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-28-2010   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince and the Tacks One Big Question Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Just because I know you will all like this and it is pretty funny:

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/show...t=59492&page=5

Can't take credit but pretty funny.

!
Old 06-29-2010   #22
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Vince had just thrown one punch in a club, that would be one thing. However, it's one thing after another with this guy. First he was going to retire. Then he's photographed downing a bottle of tequila and bumping bellies with a bunch of sweaty dudes while re-attending UT. Then he was pouting on the field an entire season. Then he packed a pistol to eat some wings. Next thing you know, he's punching some guy for taunting him on camera for the world to see.

I'm not doubting his ability. IMO he showed remarkable improvement last season. But this punch he threw in a club is only unexpected because we all saw him doing so good on and off the field. Now it's kind of like, "What crazy crap is he going to do next?", all over again. Take away suspensions, and I honestly couldn't care less what he does in his spare time, including punching that turd. This has nothing to do with being a choir boy. If he's suspended any number of games, this punch is the dumbest thing he's done so far. He just got his gig back. Why potentially open the door for someone else?
This was a top five offense with Vince under center last season. Why put the team's season at risk?

Is that accurate? Top 5?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.

Last edited by drs23; 06-29-2010 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Bold print
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010   #23
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

this guy was the titans top 5 offense
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010   #24
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
this guy was the titans top 5 offense
In all fairness it was both of them. If I remember correctly Chris Johnson was on the field for every game when the Titans were 0-7.

Believe me, living in Austin and having to deal with all the Titan crap around here I would love to really believe that VY is a bust and everything is because of CJ. However that's not reality. What made them so lethal last year was because defenses had to respect VY's running abilities opening up more options for CJ. Kerry Collins has no running ability, barely any passing ability so teams could easily key in on CJ and force Collins to throw the ball which he struggled at last season hence 0-7.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010   #25
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
In all fairness it was both of them. If I remember correctly Chris Johnson was on the field for every game when the Titans were 0-7.

Believe me, living in Austin and having to deal with all the Titan crap around here I would love to really believe that VY is a bust and everything is because of CJ. However that's not reality. What made them so lethal last year was because defenses had to respect VY's running abilities opening up more options for CJ. Kerry Collins has no running ability, barely any passing ability so teams could easily key in on CJ and force Collins to throw the ball which he struggled at last season hence 0-7.
Well kind of. CJ was on the field for all the 0-7 games but he was given the ball 15 times per game and after VY came back he was given the ball 25 times per game (with the QB attempting a resulting 10 times less). 2009 was also not the "threat of VY" opening up of the rushing game that his rookie year demonstrated. CJ's ypc went down over a yard once VY started. Clearly both had some effect on the results but I think the change in fortune was much more on the coaches revamping the offense to rely on CJ.
Old 07-07-2010   #26
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well kind of. CJ was on the field for all the 0-7 games but he was given the ball 15 times per game and after VY came back he was given the ball 25 times per game (with the QB attempting a resulting 10 times less). 2009 was also not the "threat of VY" opening up of the rushing game that his rookie year demonstrated. CJ's ypc went down over a yard once VY started. Clearly both had some effect on the results but I think the change in fortune was much more on the coaches revamping the offense to rely on CJ.
OK, I am buying ...lol.
Old 07-10-2010   #27
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
OK, I am buying ...lol.
Yup, Hard to argue with CAK! LOL Friggin law dogs!

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010   #28
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Yup, Hard to argue with CAK! LOL Friggin law dogs!
Especially when this friggin law dog always seems to have good arguments.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010   #29
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 116519 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I love reading all this bad news about the Titans and I hope they go 0-16, but somehow I just get this sick feeling that Coach Fisher will have this team or any body willing to listen ready to go.
Old 07-12-2010   #30
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I love reading all this bad news about the Titans and I hope they go 0-16, but somehow I just get this sick feeling that Coach Fisher will have this team or any body willing to listen ready to go.
I have nothing but respect for Fisher, he's a good coach. Doesn't keep me from wishing his team implodes though.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #31
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Are the Titans planning on running CJ 25 times a game from start to finish this year? Could this be why he's chirping for a raise so much, because he knows that they might just run him into the ground since that's how the offense looked when VY came back around?

Lord I might hold out until week 10 if I was him, and that was the offensive gameplan.
Old 07-13-2010   #32
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

It sucks to be a running back. You have to get all the money you can as fast as you can. Because the Not For Long motto apply's to you the most.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #33
Sway
Veteran

Rep Power: 182 Sway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Anything..... Titans are not offering me anything..
Seems to me that for the robust amount he's being paid (whether he feels so is irrelevant to what most of us make anway), he could at least TWEET in proper english. It's one thing to conduct interviews with his slang, but c'mon- do you really have to carry over that gangsta (or whatever the heck) tone you're trying to convey?!?!?!???

Just a thought.
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #34
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never seen a wider range of predictions and question marks surrounding the Titans than this season.

Some have them in the playoffs (TSN), others say 7-9 (PFW) and others that haven't made predictions have no clue what to expect on the team.

I've never gone into a season more unclear about them - they may be terrific, average or bad. Its that weird of a team makeup.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #35
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I have never seen a wider range of predictions and question marks surrounding the Titans than this season.

Some have them in the playoffs (TSN), others say 7-9 (PFW) and others that haven't made predictions have no clue what to expect on the team.

I've never gone into a season more unclear about them - they may be terrific, average or bad. Its that weird of a team makeup.
True. The past couple years I thought they'd do poorly, but haven't.......oh wait, this is the smack section.......those bunch of ankle grabbing, back-wood inbreeder's are going to suck just like they always do.
Old 07-13-2010   #36
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post

Jeff Fisher gets his players to play for him. It's always a question of how much natural talent is on the team, as to how far they can go. Now the question is, why do the Titans have their talent leaving them fairly often?

Old 07-13-2010   #37
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Ringer is a large and good back he will take second back roll for the Titans.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #38
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
It sucks to be a running back. You have to get all the money you can as fast as you can. Because the Not For Long motto apply's to you the most.
So true. Just look at the legend of Earl Campbell. If you didn't know any better you would think the guy played 10 years in Houston. However he only had 2 maybe 3 real good seasons with the Oilers and it was pretty much over. Amazing considering how much of an impact he had on the city, fans, and the sport.

Like all of them CJ is a knee injury from being a nobody again. Dominic Davis anyone?
Old 07-15-2010   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Listening to 1560 I was surprised to hear that despite his contract dispute and felonious assault on the English language Chris Johnson is a model citizen as it relates to being coachable and acknowledging instruction, and answering in terms of "yes sir"... I was pleasantly surprised in hearing these things.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read