Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-08-2005   #41
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
i have been reading this thread. what i meant was if the younger recievers do well in training camp, then why not get rid of his salary, free up space for the younger guys, and get a 7th round draft pick?
Cause his salary counts against this years cap and there are no FA out there to sign so there is no need to free cap space.

Mathis is a guy coming out of Division II in college. It's a big jump from D-II to the NFL. Camp is different then the reg. season.

Armstrong is a possesion guy, works in the slot with Gaff.

If you go into the season with only Armstrong, Gaff and Mathis will have so many problems getting AJ open. Pass Mathis there is no speed so no way to strech the field and Mathis isnt a sure thing.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #42
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
You have obviously not read this thread. He has 0 trade value. The guy was a FA and couldnt get a one year deal from anyone.

And you have to have a couple of speed guys or AJ will get no room...
At the time Bradford resigned with the Texans it was reported he had another offer (I believe it was even for more money) and he decided to come back to Houston. Not saying there was a huge market for him, but he wouldn't have been unemployed like Mack, Stevens, etc.
Old 08-08-2005   #43
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
At the time Bradford resigned with the Texans it was reported he had another offer (I believe it was even for more money) and he decided to come back to Houston. Not saying there was a huge market for him, but he wouldn't have been unemployed like Mack, Stevens, etc.
Yeah, wasnt it with the Lions??? But like you said there wasnt that big of a market for him.

Bad word choice on my part. I shouldnt have said 'anyone.'

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #44
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Yeah, wasnt it with the Lions??? But like you said there wasnt that big of a market for him.

Bad word choice on my part. I shouldnt have said 'anyone.'
It was kind of vague. There were reports of interest by the Lions and then a report of an offer by another team--most folks assumed it was the Lions, but who knows. In any event, small market, but a market of two is a big step up from a market of zero.
Old 08-08-2005   #45
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really suprised this thread has made it to three pages!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #46
Buzz
Veteran

I guess everybody who's not an Eagles fan has forgotten about Greg Lewis, the guy who played well last year in the playoffs, and caught a touchdown in the Super Bowl. Andy Reid was asked about having him as the second receiver and he said "We have a lot of confidence in Greg Lewis that was developed over last season... We've all seen what he can do and we know he'll step up and do a heck of a job." When he was asked if the team needs help at receiver, he said "We're fine."
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005   #47
jmantexfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I guess everybody who's not an Eagles fan has forgotten about Greg Lewis, the guy who played well last year in the playoffs, and caught a touchdown in the Super Bowl. Andy Reid was asked about having him as the second receiver and he said "We have a lot of confidence in Greg Lewis that was developed over last season... We've all seen what he can do and we know he'll step up and do a heck of a job." When he was asked if the team needs help at receiver, he said "We're fine."
ok i specified the eagles too much earlier, but truth is, alot of teams will develop new and pressing needs between now and the reg season. the eagles just happen to have lost a step at reciever now.
jmantexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005   #48
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno.....market value of Bradford + 50 $ cash boot = 1 End Zone seat @ a Jags preseason game
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005   #49
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
SOLD! When can you have them to me?
ASAP.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #50
jmantexfan
Rookie

Ok heres the deal. The TO situation seems to be getting out of hand, and recievers from varous clubs going though injuries. Forget about Bradford, weve established that his trade value is nada. Does anyone think that with our abundance of young talent at WR, that by the end preseason another club might find value in any of our WR's? If so who would be the best candidate for us to trade? could we get a 3rd round pick for any of them. What if we gave up either banks or ragone, and one of our recievers, might we have a chance at getting a 2nd or 1st rounder for a backup QB and a #3 or potential #2 WR. I think in the next draft we have our 1st round selection but not a second(please let me know if im mistaken)but with 2 1st rounders or a 1st and 2nd next year we can scoop up a franchise LT and a solid #2 WR if none of the guys on the sqaud flourish this season. i just keep hearing that this season we will have to cut a couple of guys who are pretty good, and i think if one puts on a good show in preseason we should try and make the most out of it.
jmantexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #51
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

From what I can tell we have a 1st, 2nd, and two 3rd round picks next year in the first day of the draft.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #52
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Gaffney might be worth a third rounder. Ragone might be worth a third. I doubt you could get a fifth rounder for anyone else. They are more valuable to the Texans for what they will do on the field than what they could be traded for.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read