Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 05-31-2010   #141
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The more the merrier!

its very early so i wouldnt worry about the level of interest yet. id be interested in rejoining. granted i was a somewhat disinterested member last yr cos i missed the draft and got saddled with a sucky team but this yr il be much better (once i make the draft!)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010   #142
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I renewed the same league just today and sent out invites via email to all of those who were in the league last year. I'll give everybody that did it enough time to respond before i open it up to the rest of the forum.

I set an unofficial draft time to August 15th but that is subject to change based on a settled time that we can determine later on as a group. There will be a few changes as well to the league settings such as removing some bench slots, but the core league will still be relatively the same.
Old 06-14-2010   #143
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a FFL virgin A few questions. Are there rules/guidelines published? How time consuming is it? It's just for funzzies, yeah?

Thanks

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #144
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 118233 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I'm a FFL virgin A few questions. Are there rules/guidelines published? How time consuming is it? It's just for funzzies, yeah?

Thanks
Once you create a team you can view all the rules etc. Or if you have specific questions they can likely be answered here. Being in 1 league isn't time consuming. It's when you join multiple leagues it begins to consume a bit, but still not too bad. Yes, this league is for fun and braggin rights

BTW, I've already re-signed and I'll be ready to go
Old 06-15-2010   #145
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

HTX,

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll go read the info again and give it a shot. Still waiting to see if all of last years guys are coming back, right? I guess I'll keep an eye out here and learn as I go. I can't get smeared too bad, huh ;^)

Old 06-15-2010   #146
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 118233 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HTX,

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll go read the info again and give it a shot. Still waiting to see if all of last years guys are coming back, right? I guess I'll keep an eye out here and learn as I go. I can't get smeared too bad, huh ;^)
Ryan will have to answer the first question. It's not that hard. Just make sure you set up your pre-draft rankings in case you're unable to be present for the draft. Otherwise, you'll end up with who ever the cpu chooses.
Old 06-15-2010   #147
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HTX,

I really doubt everybody will come back because that's just the way it usually is, but i will ensure you get a spot if it doesn't fill up.
Old 06-15-2010   #148
drs23 
Veteran

Thanks

Old 06-17-2010   #149
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

just rejoined. if you can nail down a draft date and time a few weeks in advance so I can take off

I would prefer a Monday or Sunday draft (my days off)
Old 06-17-2010   #150
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I am down if you have an open spot and wanna send me an invite. I only play in 1-2 leagues each year. 1 with friends, and one other with random peeps. Might as well be yall!
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010   #151
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I renewed the same league just today and sent out invites via email to all of those who were in the league last year.....
Saw the email, I need to reconnect.

Quote:
...There will be a few changes as well to the league settings such as removing some bench slots....
Bless you. That was rough - it was slim pickins during the season if the players were not up to par.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010   #152
Ryan
THIS YEAR

6 slots available. And i am now going to open it up to the rest of the forum since the response from last year hasn't been high.

League ID#- 52102
League password-welovetightends
Old 06-27-2010   #153
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll join up if there is room.
Old 06-27-2010   #154
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I'll join up if there is room.
there's plenty and probably will be until close to draft day.
Old 06-27-2010   #155
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
there's plenty and probably will be until close to draft day.
Ok I'm in. Looks like a bunch of good managers. This will be a fun & competitive league.

Last edited by JB; 06-27-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: spelling fail
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010   #156
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected

(re)signed in.
Old 06-27-2010   #157
Ryan
THIS YEAR

I changed the bench slots from 12 to 8. What do y'all think? Is 8 about right for y'all?
Old 06-27-2010   #158
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

yea i like a small bench that way if u need a player off FA you can find someone that will get u at least sum pts

i hate when all the players that actually touch the ball are gone after draft day. If ur players get hurt you're screwed b/c there is noone in FA
Old 06-29-2010   #159
OzzO
.. and then?

/\ seconded. I would even think a 6 person bench should suffice.
Old 07-01-2010   #160
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

If you still have slots I'm in (I'm also in garys league...)
What league are you using??
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read