Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2004   #1
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "wait! theres a flag on the field."

texans' stats

total penalties: 2nd worst with 136

total penalty yards: 4th worst with 1011 yards

total penalties: 7th worst with 121

total penalty yards: 11th worst with 961

what more would you expect from an expansion team with limited game time as a unit ,and needless to say there's been some improvement...BUT...i think we have reasons to be concerned...

1. inexperience as a team

2. new left tackle

3. new left guard

4. new right tackle

5. new offensive line blocking scheme

6. rookie cb (robinson)

7. allegedly new audible responsibilities for carr

with all of the offensive line adjustments i expect plenty of holding calls. with a rookie cornerback in robinson i expect some unwaranted pass interference calls (especially with renewed attention by the nfl)---and perhaps i should expect the same from babin with very limited coverage experience--and with carr...if his leash has infact been lengthened by palmer and capers, i would expect plenty of delay of game calls while he adjusts plays at the line of scrimmage.

i think this has to be a consideration by the coaching staff.

to me theres just nothing more aggrivating then watching your team steadily shoot themselves in the foot with penalties.

plays never have a chance to happen.
field position is ripped away.
moral is declined.
the home field fans become a more limited factor.
gains (and sometimes even touchdowns) become negative yardage.

one of the benifitts to having a disciplinarian like capers is making penalties a more limited factor ,but i think we have a lot to overcome in regard to penalties this year...what do you guys think?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read