Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-28-2005   #21
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan
Yes. Who on the roster has the ability to beat him out for the #3 position?
that's not the issue...whether or not he could beat out BJ Symons or Preston Parsons for the #3 QB spot doesn't matter. Banks wanted to find a job as a starter, but couldn't. If Banks loses the #2 spot, he will probably get released so he can catch on with another team. Kind of hard to pay him that much to be the #3, not to mention that he would probably ask to be released before being demoted to the #3. Besides, If you keep him as the #3, both BJ and Parsons will get released, and may or may not make the practice squad. If Banks is gone, one of those younger guys will get a better chance to develope.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005   #22
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
that's not the issue...whether or not he could beat out BJ Symons or Preston Parsons for the #3 QB spot doesn't matter. Banks wanted to find a job as a starter, but couldn't. If Banks loses the #2 spot, he will probably get released so he can catch on with another team. Kind of hard to pay him that much to be the #3, not to mention that he would probably ask to be released before being demoted to the #3. Besides, If you keep him as the #3, both BJ and Parsons will get released, and may or may not make the practice squad. If Banks is gone, one of those younger guys will get a better chance to develope.
I predict that the Texans will step out on a limb and do something that you will apparently consider quite radical. I predict that the Texans will keep their best three quarterbacks, and seed them in order of their abilities.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005   #23
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan
Yes. Who on the roster has the ability to beat him out for the #3 position?
I don't even think that is a factor. If Ragone has a good showing in preseason and carr stays healthy for the first 4 or 5 games, I think the front office will seek a high draft pick for Ragone. Which would probably end up being a win-win for us and Ragone. Banks just needs to hope that Parsons and Simmons don't show up big in TC and give the Texans a reason to push him aside in favor of developing young talent.

Ultimately, I think if Ragone stays Banks goes and vice versa.

that's just my two cents worth.
William.carter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read