Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-03-2010   #21
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: (Alan Burge column) Tate a happy Texan; Ryan Mathews "scared" he'd be a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I honestly can't believe how some fans get so upset over things like this.
Dude! We gotta have something to talk about this offseason!
Old 05-03-2010   #22
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: (Alan Burge column) Tate a happy Texan; Ryan Mathews "scared" he'd be a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocky View Post
Seriously.

Hey, there's a 8th grade football star at a local school in my city that said his favorite team is the Eagles. Let's all garner some black voodoo magic so he can break his leg and never get that slim chance to ever play against the Texans when he grows up!

No wonder people makes fun of us southern folks being 'angry rednecks'. Getting mad over some trivial shit like this. Bravo forum, bravo.
Might be a little over the top. I have not seen anyone "mad" over this. Just something to talk about and plead for time to fly.
Old 05-03-2010   #23
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Comments or no comments, bank on Mathews being Pollardized this season. Well shoot, contract year says it all. Everybody best watch out for Benard Pollard in 2010.... I hope Ryan Mathews likes snot bubbles.
Old 05-03-2010   #24
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Comments or no comments, bank on Mathews being Pollardized this season. Well shoot, contract year says it all. Everybody best watch out for Benard Pollard in 2010.... I hope Ryan Mathews likes snot bubbles.
Old 05-03-2010   #25
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I honestly can't believe how some fans get so upset over things like this.
Who really said that "they're upset". I don't really care....just biding time until the season starts. What else are we supposed to talk about.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010   #26
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Dude! We gotta have something to talk about this offseason!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Might be a little over the top. I have not seen anyone "mad" over this. Just something to talk about and plead for time to fly.

rep, I didn't even see this post when I made mine

crap....I got to spread it.
Old 05-03-2010   #27
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

never wanted him in the first place, glad we got tate instead.
Old 05-04-2010   #28
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, after watching that video of Tate crying his eyes out on draft night, I couldn't be happier to have him in the fold.

He's going to be the stud workhorse we've been in need of from day one and he's eager to please. I couldn't be happier for him and for us.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocky View Post
Seriously.

Hey, there's a 8th grade football star at a local school in my city that said his favorite team is the Eagles. Let's all garner some black voodoo magic so he can break his leg and never get that slim chance to ever play against the Texans when he grows up!

No wonder people makes fun of us southern folks being 'angry rednecks'. Getting mad over some trivial shit like this. Bravo forum, bravo.
(sigh)

Typical.

This is for fun; nobody is "mad". I don't think anybody has even replied with a post that comes anywhere near being representative of what you're projecting this thread to be.

I know you're new and all, but you don't have to do this in order to prove anything or fit in. Go back and look at how many people in this thread kept it on-topic...until YOU came along and threw personal jabs at posters on this thread.
Old 05-04-2010   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
I think all of our defensive players need to be slapped in the face about 3 times prior to each game... just to get them fired up.

... just sayin.
Great idea and I nominate you to do the slapping. I will sell beer and popcorn during the blood drive for you. What type are you? lol
Old 05-04-2010   #31
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Great idea and I nominate you to do the slapping. I will sell beer and popcorn during the blood drive for you. What type are you? lol
What if we could put shock-collar devices, except embed it in the seat of the players' pants? If we needed a better pass rush, us fans could hit the little remote in our hands and YOWZER! watch them get after the QB a little bit faster.

That would be a safer alternative to the "slapping of the face" idea.
Old 05-04-2010   #32
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
What if we could put shock-collar devices, except embed it in the seat of the players' pants? If we needed a better pass rush, us fans could hit the little remote in our hands and YOWZER! watch them get after the QB a little bit faster.

That would be a safer alternative to the "slapping of the face" idea.
Great, but with some of our fans, the players would be jumping like puppets in the hands of someone strung out on amphetamines. I just know if your idea took off, my boss would get wind of it and...
Old 05-04-2010   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

SecondHoneymoon had said, somewhere else on the board, that he wouldn't be surprised if Ryan Mathews was out injured with a hang nail (at some point in the season).

There's been some knocks on Fresno State players, especially David Carr. Now, David Carr was accused of several things. I just opened up a recent story about Ryan Mathews, to highlight who the Chargers just drafted as their next big-time running back, and what stands out (to me) is this:

Quote:
But consider that for various reasons, not the least of which being the wholly teenager ability to blend rebellion and apathy, there was a period when Mathews wasn’t enjoying football and wanted to quit.

At one point, Mathews told the adults who intervened that he might just end up going to work on the power lines, make a living and ride his beloved dirt bikes on weekends.
Don't shoot the messenger on this. Just sharing something that stood out to me. Ryan Mathews has had problems being motivated to be a great football player.

The article also details how he stayed up late, a supposed "casualty" of being raised in a single-parent home and that he stayed uplate due to mom being away for late-shift work. Well, OK. So it means (potentially) he had to have someone put a boot in his rump or he isn't going to do what he ought to do.

He had to have coaches AND his mom intervene and beg him to not give up football.

Again, just examining the mental/emotional composition of someone who was so coveted by the Chargerst hat they decided to leap-frog teams just to get him.

For all the talk about Dez Bryant and what might push him over the edge as an NFL'er...what about a guy who is going to be pressured to be THE big-time running back for the Chargers, who has had bouts of apathy toward football?
Old 05-04-2010   #34
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
SecondHoneymoon had said, somewhere else on the board, that he wouldn't be surprised if Ryan Mathews was out injured with a hang nail (at some point in the season).

There's been some knocks on Fresno State players, especially David Carr. Now, David Carr was accused of several things. I just opened up a recent story about Ryan Mathews, to highlight who the Chargers just drafted as their next big-time running back, and what stands out (to me) is this:

Don't shoot the messenger on this. Just sharing something that stood out to me. Ryan Mathews has had problems being motivated to be a great football player.

The article also details how he stayed up late, a supposed "casualty" of being raised in a single-parent home and that he stayed uplate due to mom being away for late-shift work. Well, OK. So it means (potentially) he had to have someone put a boot in his rump or he isn't going to do what he ought to do.

He had to have coaches AND his mom intervene and beg him to not give up football.

Again, just examining the mental/emotional composition of someone who was so coveted by the Chargerst hat they decided to leap-frog teams just to get him.

For all the talk about Dez Bryant and what might push him over the edge as an NFL'er...what about a guy who is going to be pressured to be THE big-time running back for the Chargers, who has had bouts of apathy toward football?
Thats crazy. Glad we were jumped.
Old 05-05-2010   #35
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryan Matthews is going to be who he's gonna be in the NFL, and I don't know what that is yet. I don't think he meant for his comments to sound malicious against Houston really.

But if Kubiak is any kind of coach this is prime prime bulletin board material and it should hang in all defensive players lockers until we play the Chargers.

Last edited by b0ng; 05-05-2010 at 10:23 PM.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010   #36
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Ryan Matthews is going to be who he's gonna be in the NFL, and I don't know what that is yet. I don't think he meant for his comments to sound malicious against Houston really.

But if Kubiak is any kind of coach this is prime prime bulletin board material and it should hand in all defensive players lockers until we play the Chargers.
That's the spirit! Right on, right on!

Ryan Mathews needs to be pinned into the backfield and not allowed to cross the line of scrimmage. It needs to be a day he wishes he could just get away and ride his dirt bikes.
Old 05-05-2010   #37
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Pollard makes people wee wee, not cry and make snot bubbles, remember???

"You go and get the ball, I'm gonna knock the piss out somebody!" - Bernard Pollard
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010   #38
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

The thing that I didn't like about Mathews is how the first major story the local media did about him was the 100,000 dollar car he bought. I know it probably has little to do with nothing, but I just got a bad vibe, like he feels he's already made it and accomplished. Then when you read the reports that people had to stay on his ass to keep him motivated...it usually doesn't work out when you give those type of players big money. (but then again...maybe I'm just completely off base and it's just a west coast thing)

On the flip side we saw how happy and emotional Tate was and how he's currently working with some of the best backs in the game. Tate just seems more hungry.

The last player I saw get that emotional when Houston drafted him was Dunta Robinson and regardless of how his career ended in Houston, he had one of the best rookie seasons ever in this franchise's short history.
Old 05-05-2010   #39
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
The thing that I didn't like about Mathews is how the first major story the local media did about him was the 100,000 dollar car he bought. I know it probably has little to do with nothing, but I just got a bad vibe. On the flip side we saw how happy and emotional Tate was and how he's currently working with some of the best backs in the game.

The last player I saw get that emotional when Houston drafted him was Dunta Robinson and regardless of how his career ended in Houston, he had one of the best rookie seasons ever in this franchises short history.
Now now, don't get down on the kid because he bought a bad ass car. I think Mario bought one. Or four. Or six.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010   #40
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Now now, don't get down on the kid because he bought a bad ass car. I think Mario bought one. Or four. Or six.
Yeah I know, but he was also drug through the cleaners by the media so he had to produce and justify his draft status. I wasn't too happy with how Mario had to be called out by his coach last year. It really disappointed me. He needs to get back to the "prove the doubters wrong" type player that he was early on.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read