Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-18-2010   #1
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Beat the Goose mock draft contest

Title says it all. Log into the Dallas Morning News and submit your mock draft. Try and beat one of the consistantly best mock draft gurus out there.

http://dallasnews.upickem.net/upicke...ontestid=15947
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beat the Goose mock draft contest

I'm in on this....

I created a group too if you want to join it to compare results.

Group name: Texanstalk
Password: smithiak
Old 04-19-2010   #3
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I'm in on this....

I created a group too if you want to join it to compare results.

Group name: Texanstalk
Password: smithiak

I signed up. We need a lot more board members to join and make it competitive.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

There are plenty of wannabe Draft Gurus on the board... come put your reputation on the line.
Old 04-20-2010   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There are plenty of wannabe Draft Gurus on the board... come put your reputation on the line.
Trying to make my picks now. The format is just awful...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #6
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Finally made my picks. Good luck everyone!
Old 04-20-2010   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Yeah not the best format.
Old 04-22-2010   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Last chance to get in on the picking contest.
Old 04-23-2010   #9
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Lucky and Hou-Tex did best with 6 correct spots.

Gosselin got 8.

The best of all the entrants got 10.

I guess that is why mock drafts mean nothing.
Old 04-23-2010   #10
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Lucky and Hou-Tex did best with 6 correct spots.

Gosselin got 8.

The best of all the entrants got 10.

I guess that is why mock drafts mean nothing.
I got 5 with the first 3, Earl Thomas and Maurkice Pouncey.

I did have Alualu in the first round to NO @ 32.
Old 04-23-2010   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I did have Alualu in the first round to NO @ 32.
Me, too. I also had the Jags reaching for a DT. But, it was Odrick.

Actually, I don't think the Alualu pick was that bad. Pass rushing DTs are hard to find, and the Jags need help on the pass rush. If Alualu proves to be a better pass rusher than Okoye (a former #10 pick), how could we criticize the pick.
Old 04-23-2010   #12
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Me, too. I also had the Jags reaching for a DT. But, it was Odrick.

Actually, I don't think the Alualu pick was that bad. Pass rushing DTs are hard to find, and the Jags need help on the pass rush. If Alualu proves to be a better pass rusher than Okoye (a former #10 pick), how could we criticize the pick.
Uhm....because we a.)don't like them and b.)are biased?
Old 04-23-2010   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Alualu as a prospect. In both the mock drafts we did, I snatched him up in the 2nd round. #63 to Indy in one and #45 to Denver in the other. Guess I got a steal!

The thing is though, he's just so versatile. I don't know if he's going to be a pass rushing machine... but I do think he's a guy that will play all along the DL in 4-3 and 3-4 fronts. That reaks of value in a player. If Jacksonville wants to run a 3-4 on occasion, he can stay in. He be the NT or the DE. In a 4-3 he can be that DT. I just don't think he was the 10th best player in the draft. I think he had 1st round talent and 1st round value but 10 seems like a stretch. But who cares, I think it will turn out to be a really good pick for them.

If he were to go that early to a 3-4 team, it really wouldn't have surprised me all that much to be honest with you. But to a 4-3 team it was somewhat surprising.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read