Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 04-21-2010   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default The Football Gods...

...are they real?

Do "Football Gods" really exist? Here is my story on how the Football Gods do NOT play games.

My wife and I scheduled a trip to Greece back in January for this weekend, meaning I would miss Friday & Saturday of the NFL Draft, an event I haven't missed in years. I said to myself, no biggie, I will have internet access, and screw it I will be in Greece with my wife.

Then all of a sudden a volcano goes off in Iceland and ruins flight plans for thousands of travelers. I was like "oh shit, I pissed off the football gods" sure enough we had to postpone our trip to September (we couldn't go before then because of this whole job thing we have). So there I am, waiting for the schedule to come out. Sure enough we rescheduled the trip and won't be coming back until 3:40 pm on the day of the home opener vs the Colts. Sidenote: I nearly got kicked out of the last Colts game, because, well I got too drunk and went crazy, so maybe this is Karma. I had been planning a trip to Denver with a good buddy of mine who is a big Broncos fan to watch the game and we both couldn't go if it was a Christmas game, sure enough the game is on Christmas.

Needless to say it's been a rough couple of days. Moral of the story is always please the Football Gods, because they do exist!
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Football Gods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
...are they real?

Do "Football Gods" really exist? Here is my story on how the Football Gods do NOT play games.

My wife and I scheduled a trip to Greece back in January for this weekend, meaning I would miss Friday & Saturday of the NFL Draft, an event I haven't missed in years. I said to myself, no biggie, I will have internet access, and screw it I will be in Greece with my wife.

Then all of a sudden a volcano goes off in Iceland and ruins flight plans for thousands of travelers. I was like "oh shit, I pissed off the football gods" sure enough we had to postpone our trip to September (we couldn't go before then because of this whole job thing we have). So there I am, waiting for the schedule to come out. Sure enough we rescheduled the trip and won't be coming back until 3:40 pm on the day of the home opener vs the Colts. Sidenote: I nearly got kicked out of the last Colts game, because, well I got too drunk and went crazy, so maybe this is Karma. I had been planning a trip to Denver with a good buddy of mine who is a big Broncos fan to watch the game and we both couldn't go if it was a Christmas game, sure enough the game is on Christmas.

Needless to say it's been a rough couple of days. Moral of the story is always please the Football Gods, because they do exist!
I can relate. I've been secretly praying that we would NOT have a home opener against either the Colts or Titans, and that we would play the "girls" later in the season, AFTER we get the kinks worked out. I've been planning to go to the Eagle game for 4 years, figuring it would be on a Sunday. The Bronco's was my other "cold weather" game, but, Christmas time will be a hard nut to crack. I will probably have to work. I've been pissed for almost 24 hrs!! Not good for b/p!! lol
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #3
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I can relate. I've been secretly praying that we would NOT have a home opener against either the Colts or Titans, and that we would play the "girls" later in the season, AFTER we get the kinks worked out. I've been planning to go to the Eagle game for 4 years, figuring it would be on a Sunday. The Bronco's was my other "cold weather" game, but, Christmas time will be a hard nut to crack. I will probably have to work. I've been pissed for almost 24 hrs!! Not good for b/p!! lol
Ugh, that sucks! What did you do to piss them off?
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Ugh, that sucks! What did you do to piss them off?
Leaving that Kris Brown sig up.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
, because, well I got too drunk.
If this is true, I better start dodging lightening bolts from the gods..
Old 04-21-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
If this is true, I better start dodging lightening bolts from the gods..
I think the key point to that was
Quote:
I nearly got kicked out
The Ushers would never try to kick you out... BullPen would erupt!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure, they're real. Vengeful too! I personally endured the wrath of one in Bud Adams.

I have since switched football religions. I'm now under the control of Bob.
Old 04-21-2010   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Leaving that Kris Brown sig up.
It stays until he is OFFICIALLY gone!! I'm pulling for him to win the battle of the kickers come TC time!! After all, he's original, like ME!! Gotta support the old timers ya know!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #9
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

They are real they just dont listen all the time!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read