Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-20-2010   #21
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: John McClains Mock Draft Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Then Im with you. I wouldn't mind McCourty if we tradde down. 20 is to high for him.
I dunno if 20 is too high. There are some that rate him higher than Wilson. Jackson is also climbing up draft boards at a very high rate now too.

I dunno much on Jackson, yet. I think Wilson has a slight edge over McCourty in cover skills, but McCourty can lay the wood like a pre-injured Dunta. That's not saying Wilson's skeered over laying the wood, but I'd give the slobber-knockin edge to McCourty. We know the Texans love CB's that lay the wood.
Old 04-20-2010   #22
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I dunno if 20 is too high. There are some that rate him higher than Wilson. Jackson is also climbing up draft boards at a very high rate now too.

I dunno much on Jackson, yet. I think Wilson has a slight edge over McCourty in cover skills, but McCourty can lay the wood like a pre-injured Dunta. That's not saying Wilson's skeered over laying the wood, but I'd give the slobber-knockin edge to McCourty. We know the Texans love CB's that lay the wood.
Yeah, they like em big and physical. mcCourty can run also, so they will take him over Wilson, me thinks. They just may trade down first. Is also pretty damn fast. I wouldn't be mad at all if he was the guy.
Old 04-20-2010   #23
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Funny how McClain is hopping all over the place the past couple of weeks. For a while now it has been Mathews, Mathews, Mathews. Then he teetered between Wilson and McCourty. Hell, I can just name a bunch of players that are in our range and probably hit on one of them and then say I was right.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #24
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags View Post
Funny how McClain is hopping all over the place the past couple of weeks. For a while now it has been Mathews, Mathews, Mathews. Then he teetered between Wilson and McCourty. Hell, I can just name a bunch of players that are in our range and probably hit on one of them and then say I was right.
I think the same can be said of any of these mock drafts. All have been back and forth between Wilson and Mathews for the most part.

And for what its worth.... McClain is now back to RB Ryan Mathews in his 3rd edition which I dont feel like even starting a thread for at this point:

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2010/04/t...hews_back.html

Quote:

Houston Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #25
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I can't see the separation in talent in what's available at CB in the 1st and 2nd round. However, RB and interior O-line have a much larger gap. From what I've seen, there's Pouncey, then everybody else. Including Iupati, whom I consider a major project.

There's no way I would take a CB in the 1st round of this draft. Not when there is as much depth available, combined with the fact that there are no elite prospects at the position. On the other hand, Pouncey is an elite prospect at Center. Dan Williams is an elite prospect at NT. Earl Thomas is an elite prospect at Free Safety. And, I consider Spiller and Mathews elite prospects at RB. It's no lock that any of these guys will be available. But if one is, I grab him and find a darn good corner in the 2nd round.
my point exactly. let's get Pouncey in 1st then address CB and RB later. Hardesty would be a good fit and give us a short yardage, goal line option.

Matthews helps the running game when he plays but Pouncey would help the running AND passing game when ANYONE plays.

if kollar and bush like Williams, I could see us maybe going for him over Pouncey but Dan is moving up boards real fast.

McClain is a moron, but I do think he is on to something with him projecting a lot of OL going early. I could see that happening.

2 MOAR DAZE!! DRAFT TIME!
Old 04-20-2010   #26
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
my point exactly. let's get Pouncey in 1st then address CB and RB later. Hardesty would be a good fit and give us a short yardage, goal line option.

Matthews helps the running game when he plays but Pouncey would help the running AND passing game when ANYONE plays.

if kollar and bush like Williams, I could see us maybe going for him over Pouncey but Dan is moving up boards real fast.

McClain is a moron, but I do think he is on to something with him projecting a lot of OL going early. I could see that happening.

2 MOAR DAZE!! DRAFT TIME!
SH, I agree with like 4 things you just said!!!
I agree with you that I'd rather go with Pouncey than a RB in the 1st. In the end, though, I'm almost positive that our 1st selection will be at CB or FS.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #27
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Then Im with you. I wouldn't mind McCourty if we tradde down. 20 is to high for him.
McClains latest mock (released this morning) has 3 CBs including McCourty
going off of the Board before the Texans pick at 20.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

That is a good evaluation. Wilson can hit but did not do that in season due to being on WR in tight coverage and that is the CB I want. I wished I had had the opportunity to watch McCourty but he was not on my radar.
Old 04-20-2010   #29
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

McCourtey also fits the Texans profile as a smart player. He made multiple Big East All-Academic teams.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010   #30
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
There's no way in hell Clausen would get past Jacksonville and the Patriots wouldn't take him if he was there at 22, they are pretty high on Brian Hoyer. This is one of the worst mock drafts I've seen this year.
Ya know no one is coming out and saying it, but what I hear everyone saying in the draft guru smoke speak, when they discuss Clausen, Clausen = Jeff George. Now if that's the case, and I surely don't know, just a guess by me, he could very well fall into the twenties.
Old 04-20-2010   #31
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
McCourtey also fits the Texans profile as a smart player. He made multiple Big East All-Academic teams.
Well he's a nice prospect. But color me unimpressed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read