Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2010   #16
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pat Kirwan's final mock (three rounds)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I would take Tate, Gerhardt, or Hardesty before Dwyer who's got good size but dosen't run as if he did.
I hope the Texans go with Gerhart or Tate in the 2nd. I'd be very disappointed if either were there and they picked Dwyer instead. Hardesty would be a great pick too but with his injury history (knee surgeries) I'd stay away. If he were still around in the 4th he would definitely be worth the pick, but I don't think he will fall that far. As for Dwyer, he has some question marks, especially about his weight. Here is a quote about Dwyer from his former coach from Walterfootball.

Quote:
2/27/10: Bills head coach Chan Gailey expressed some concern about Jonathan Dwyer's ability to keep his weight under control: "He’s always fought the weight problem every year since high school." And Gailey is Dwyer's former coach. Dwyer was 5-11, 229 at the Combine weigh-in, but had been overweight this past season.
This sounds like he could be another Ron Dayne. Not sure we want to have that again. Can't afford to lose any more O-linemen!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read