Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-04-2005   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Kris Brown Re-signed

I heard the tail end on the Buzz about a Houston kicker resigning....

Did Brown get a new contract? Google told me nothing.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005   #2
Rosusu
All Pro

Yeah, he just got resigned. There is a story at the chronicle. Here is a link
Old 05-04-2005   #3
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans gave Kris Brown a four year extension. I think the total deal is worth around $8 million. Signing bonus of $2 million. Obviously the team feels that Kris is a really good kicker and I think he can be one of the best it's just that last year he had an injury and had trouble kicking. I think he'll be fine.
Old 05-04-2005   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Yes, he was injured for about half the season :-/

But sweet! Lindsay's jersey is good for another 5 years!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005   #5
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Kris Brown has been my favorite kicker and took the status of "football player" in my eyes ever since the Atlanta game where he almost knocked himself out twice making tackles. Glad to see he will be here for a while
Old 05-04-2005   #6
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

.. the English language is just too confusing!
resign = to sign anew
resign = to quit, to give up ...

with Kris Brown, glad it's the first! He's great!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005   #7
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
resign = to sign anew

im gonna become president of everyone and change that, haha... and no one can tell me i dont have that power, cuz i will be the president of everyone.... oh and good on kris brown, quality kicker
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2005   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ne...php?PRKey=1676

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
resign = to sign anew

Add a hyphen to the word that means "to sign again" and it will be in proper form and less confusing. At least that's what my Websters shows.

I'm glad Brown was re-signed, by the way. He should be able to play most of those years so it's a good contract if he keeps hitting them long and straight (not at Redstone but at Reliant).
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005   #10
Negative Jesus
Rookie

Glad to have him aboard for another 5 years . I think he is a top caliber kicker , last year he was plauged with injuries , and he just wasnt himself . From what I heard on 610 when they interviewed him , he sounds like hes been working hard to stay in shape and get ready for the season .

Superjoint Ritual
Negative Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005   #11
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
The thing about chris is he was never the same after the Denver game were he missed the 1st attempt..........since then he was a little shakey........I just hope he doesnt pull a Steeler Playoff thing on us!

Doesn't pull a "Steeler Playoff Thing" means what?
DiapHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005   #12
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer
Doesn't pull a "Steeler Playoff Thing" means what?
It was a matter of time before DiapHer saw this
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005   #13
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
I just hope he doesnt pull a Steeler Playoff thing on us!
K. Brown played for the Steelers 1999-2001. Only one of those years they could have made it to the playoffs that being 2001. On December 30th against the Bengals the Steelers squandered a two touchdown lead and suffered a 26-23 defeat in overtime. Bengals kicker Neil Rackers made a 31 yard field goal in overtime, Brown had no attempts in overtime. Brown missed 1 x-point of the game.

The first meeting between the teams this season came down to the wire before Brown kicked his fifth field. a 32-yarder 5:22 into overtime to give the Steelers a 15-12 victory.

To say Brown struggled that year at the new field is a understatement, but to say
"Hope he doesn't pull a Steeler Playoff thing" is ludicrous.

Kicking
STEELERS FGA FGM PCT LNG XPA XPM PCT PTS
Kris Brown 1 1 100.0 -- 3 2 66.7 5
BENGALS FGA FGM PCT LNG XPA XPM PCT PTS
Neil Rackers 4 2 50.0 -- 3 2 66.7 8
DiapHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
resign = to sign anew

This might help clarify the difference between "re-sign" and "resign".

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=re-sign
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #15
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Default Kris Brown extension

Texans | Contract Update: K. Brown
Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:19:29 -0700

Updating previous reports, the four-year contract extension PK Kris Brown signed with the Houston Texans included base salaries of $1.2 million (2006), $1.35 million (2007), $1.35 million (2008) and $1.35 million (2009). His base salary in 2005 will be $550,000. Earlier reports indicated the extension included a $2 million signing bonus.
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #16
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never been a big fan of Kris Brown. I'm not sure how I feel about this extension. I know he was injured during some games, but from his last season in Pittsburg through last year, he has missed some kicks that have made me

His last mintue kick in KC was great though, he really came through for us that game. Good for him though, he's an original Texan, and I like him as a person. We all deserve to be successful in our jobs.

Last edited by Texans Pride; 07-18-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read