Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-07-2010   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kiper/McShay Duel Mock 4.0

They did this a month ago on Insider and are doing it again. I'll try to give out the good stuff here

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ory?id=5059813

1) Houston: Both have DBs here. Kiper has the Texans taking Kyle Wilson again. McShay has the Texans taking Joe Haden out of Florida. Both cite Dunta being gone.

Others Available: Kiper still has: Segio Kindle, Mike Iuapati, Ryan Matthews and Taylor Mays out there. McShay has Dez Bryant(doesn't matter but worth noting), Kyle Wilson, Terrence Cody, Taylor Mays and Ryan Mattews(not in the 1st round)

2) Cowboys(because I care ): Kiper has Charles Brown the OT from USC and McShay has Taylor Mays.
Old 04-08-2010   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper/McShay Duel Mock 4.0

Rep. Thanks.

I think its a toss up between CB and RB. Just depends on what the FO thinks. Personally I think adding a CB in the 2nd or 3rd to pair up with Quin and Reeves would be just as effective as using a 1st. There are plenty of good CB's in this draft.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

wouldn't mind either of those picks honestly though i'd probably prefer Haden over Wilson if i had to choose.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
wouldn't mind either of those picks honestly though i'd probably prefer Haden over Wilson if i had to choose.
I would prefer Haden over every DB in the draft not named Eric Berry.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I prefer Wilson. He's also one heck of a returner.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #6
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
They did this a month ago on Insider and are doing it again. I'll try to give out the good stuff here

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ory?id=5059813

1) Houston: Both have DBs here. Kiper has the Texans taking Kyle Wilson again. McShay has the Texans taking Joe Haden out of Florida. Both cite Dunta being gone.

Others Available: Kiper still has: Segio Kindle, Mike Iuapati, Ryan Matthews and Taylor Mays out there. McShay has Dez Bryant(doesn't matter but worth noting), Kyle Wilson, Terrence Cody, Taylor Mays and Ryan Mattews(not in the 1st round)
Hardly anybody sees Haden still on the Board at 20 ?
But thanks for the info H-F.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I prefer Wilson. He's also one heck of a returner.
And if he falls in their laps, I think they will covet the big man who runs like a TE. Better start getting use to Iupati and getting the rushing attack out of the cellar. Above all else, Kubiak covets his explosive running game. He realizes that without it, he is running Andre Johnson through the grist mill and shortening his career. He is also exposing his franchise QB to greater risk. His passing attack sets up the rush. But sooner or later you have to win one outside in bad weather running the ball. Or gut the clock to protect the lead at the end of the game. If Iupati falls to them, it ain't sexy, but that's the pick.
Old 04-08-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 84230 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
And if he falls in their laps, I think they will covet the big man who runs like a TE. Better start getting use to Iupati and getting the rushing attack out of the cellar. Above all else, Kubiak covets his explosive running game. He realizes that without it, he is running Andre Johnson through the grist mill and shortening his career. He is also exposing his franchise QB to greater risk. His passing attack sets up the rush. But sooner or later you have to win one outside in bad weather running the ball. Or gut the clock to protect the lead at the end of the game. If Iupati falls to them, it ain't sexy, but that's the pick.
That is also your opinion. You are not any more " in tune" with the Texans FO as anyone else here. We all know your love for Iupati; but he may not be on the Texans board as high as he is on yours. They may feel like there is more value in Asomoah in the 2nd or Newhouse in the 3rd or 4th.

You are very astute when it comes to draft picks and their ability, but I don't think you know the minds of Smithiak that well.

Good luck in your efforts to sway the mindset from this MB.
JB is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read