Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-07-2010   #1
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Interesting note in Don Banks's new mock

Sports Illustrated's Don Banks has posted his fifth mock draft (of 7 planned). He has the Texans taking Matthews. But, what I found interesting was reading his comment about the Jaguars, who he has taking Earl Thomas:
Quote:
In a division where the Jaguars play Peyton Manning and Matt Schaub four times a year, a safety who can impact the game is a must.
It's nice to see Schaub getting respect as a top-notch QB.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010   #2
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting note in Don Banks's new mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Sports Illustrated's Don Banks has posted his fifth mock draft (of 7 planned). He has the Texans taking Matthews. But, what I found interesting was reading his comment about the Jaguars, who he has taking Earl Thomas:

It's nice to see Schaub getting respect as a top-notch QB.
It looks like he used my big board. All my top 19 guys are gone when we pick at 20. If that were to happen, god I hope we can trade down. I cant imagine a worse case scenerio for us.

I like Mathews alot. I was one of the first to point him out but hes far from a sure thing IMO and not worth #20.

Back to your point, yeh its nice to see us getting some respect.
Old 04-07-2010   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I like Mathews alot. I was one of the first to point him out but hes far from a sure thing IMO and not worth #20.
And last year, a lot of people were saying that Cushing wasn't worth a 15, either.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90450 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
And last year, a lot of people were saying that Cushing wasn't worth a 15, either.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
That clear crystal ball sure clouds up in the past hey?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
That clear crystal ball sure clouds up in the past hey?
Yeah.

I mean, I can't really point fingers. If I remember, I wrote that there were a bunch of guys I wouldn't mind drafting (including Cushing) but that none of them were real value at the 15 spot. So I'm not exactly Mr. Prescience.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90450 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yeah.

I mean, I can't really point fingers. If I remember, I wrote that there were a bunch of guys I wouldn't mind drafting (including Cushing) but that none of them were real value at the 15 spot. So I'm not exactly Mr. Prescience.
Me neither. I was just kind of poking fun at the at the whole mock draft idea. Many that we consider can't miss prospects are considered busts 3 years later. Look at Dorsey, Glenn...

Other prospects that have huge question marks wind up rookie pro-bowlers & 2nd team all-pro...look at Cushing.

All the hype is just our method of taking up time until something atually happens...
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read