Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-17-2005   #1
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Default Texans VS Cleveland and Cincinnati 2005

I was looking not at schedule but just Home and Away teams, thinking we match up well against our opponents. BUT wondering we have had some problems with both Browns and Bengals. Does anyone see us casting that off this 2005 Season
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005   #2
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say that it's a must if want to have a chance at the playoffs this year. If we can't get past at least one of them I'd day it's going to be another unhappy year.

But all that aside, I say we split. We'll take the Browns this year, but will take the L against the Bengals.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005   #3
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

What might be going on there is that they (Browns & Bengals organizations) are of the mindset they are still playing the Oilers. They think Houston - and they think of their long time division rival ... Pittsburgh too.

Texans just don't get as fired up since they don't have the hate built up for Cleveland and Cincinnati. .. and Pittsburgh.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think those 2 will be tough games. Cincy is looking playoff, and the Browns seem to have our #.

I think we have a very tough schedule.

Indy X2, St. Louis, Pitt, Seattle, were all in the playoffs last year.

The Bills, Jags X2, Bengals, and Ravens are all looking to grab a spot this year.

That leaves the Browns, who for some reason have our #, The Titans X2, which when McNair is in are never easy, the Chiefs who are looking to get back into the playoffs, the Cards, who people have winning the West, and the 49ers, who should be the biggest gimmie of the year.

I will be glad if we make 9-7 and sneak in the playoffs. We will need some big plays this year, and a little luck to make playoffs IMO.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah we've not done to well aqgainst them, but with an improved defense and offense we beat both.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005   #6
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
I will be glad if we make 9-7 and sneak in the playoffs. We will need some big plays this year, and a little luck to make playoffs IMO.
I'm thinking 9-7 too if we get swept by the Colts this year, But like I said many times, we get them after Monday nighters in both the games we play against them. We sneak one of those out and go 10-6 isn't that far out of the realm. It's just gotta happen 1st.
Old 07-18-2005   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
...and the 49ers, who should be the biggest gimmie of the year.
Hmm I remember us thinking the same things about the Chargers going into the season and the Browns towards the end of the season. We see how that went.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2005   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Hmm I remember us thinking the same things about the Chargers going into the season and the Browns towards the end of the season. We see how that went.
True that. Thats why I added the "Should be" in the statement. No team is really a gimmie for us, which is disapointing.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109917 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

We "should be" the team every other fan points to as wins....so ponder that.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #10
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
What might be going on there is that they (Browns & Bengals organizations) are of the mindset they are still playing the Oilers. They think Houston - and they think of their long time division rival ... Pittsburgh too.

Texans just don't get as fired up since they don't have the hate built up for Cleveland and Cincinnati. .. and Pittsburgh.
I agree to some extent. But the main issue with the Browns is that they are an expansion team of sorts also. If the Texans beat them then it shows better progress with the Texans organization. If the Browns fall to Houston anytime soon it could mean changes in the front office in Cleveland.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109917 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Browns have already swept house.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read