Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-17-2005   #1
DominatorDavis
Veteran

Default 5th Rounder Hodgdon Signed

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/

I dont know if it has been said anywhere yet - but here are the details and the link to the story from Houston Pro Football. Looks like he's pretty strong based on what the article says.

July 16, 2005
D-Hog Tied Up

Three down, three more to go.

The Texans signed their third draft pick of the offseason, inking fifth round center Drew Hodgdon on Friday. According to terms published by the Houston Chronicle on Saturday, Hodgdon will receive a $125,900 signing bonus as a part of his three-year $1,050,900 rookie contract deal.

The Texans selected Hodgdon in April's draft after a senior season at Arizona State in which he earned honorable-mention All-Pac-10 honors and also won the Sun Devil Iron Man Award. An ex-wrestler, Hodgdon has shown off his strength in college level play, having been reported as bench pressing 500 pounds.

The signing of Hodgdon leaves DL Travis Johnson, RB Vernand Morency, and WR Jerome Mathis as the team's only remaining unsigned players. S C.C. Brown and LB Kenneth Pettway signed earlier this summer. Training camp begins on July 29.

Last edited by DominatorDavis; 07-17-2005 at 08:35 AM.
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005   #2
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

I think now we have signed another pick, we have seen logjam busted and others will be signed before too long. It has been a almost a month since signing of other picks
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Good news. I like this guy. I would really like to see him push his way onto the starting line. (wishful thinking)

Lets just hope we get everyone signed before the 29th.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005   #4
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

What are the odds that TJ holds out?
Old 07-17-2005   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
What are the odds that TJ holds out?
Slim and none, and I think Slim died.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005   #6
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i don't think we'll see that many holdouts...i think we'll see a lot of late signings because the collective bargining agreement blah blah blah...just got to wait and see who sets the market
Old 07-17-2005   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy strikes me as an OL version of Seth Payne in that he's a good player
who works very hard, has a history of bouncing back from adversity and hustles on every snap he's in the game - I'm hopeful he can do more for us than just be a backup at the center/guard positions.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-17-2005   #8
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

when we gonna sign any of the good picks ?? i have been kinda out dated since i dont have the internet anymore but havent we only signed 2 ????
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005   #9
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Althogh I want to see TJ in camp on time I won't have my heart broken if not. I really want to see Morency and Mathis though. Those two pix got me really excited about our depth @ those positions. Not to mention Mathis' speed if he can parlay that into the NFL.
Old 07-17-2005   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
when we gonna sign any of the good picks ?? i have been kinda out dated since i dont have the internet anymore but havent we only signed 2 ????
We've actually signed 3 draft picks (Pettway, Brown, Hogdgon). We still have 3 left unsigned (Mathis, Morrency, TJ).
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe Johnson is more of a student of the game and would want to get as much experience as possible.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read