Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-19-2010   #361
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
We originally agreed to do 4 rds.

Has this changed?

We're going to do up to round three and see if people are up for one more round. Time well be as such: clock stops at 11 CT (12 ET) and starts up again at 8 CT (9 ET).

Thanks again to Super Mario for help, if yall' can't make it plz PM me so we can make things go smoother.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010   #362
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

SuperMario,

#40 San Diego = Shaft75 not djohn2008. Thanks!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010   #363
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
We're going to do up to round three and see if people are up for one more round. Time well be as such: clock stops at 11 CT (12 ET) and starts up again at 8 CT (9 ET).

Thanks again to Super Mario for help, if yall' can't make it plz PM me so we can make things go smoother.
I think last year we sent a pm with 3 players in order of preference when we were a couple of picks away . That made things a lot quicker .
Old 03-19-2010   #364
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Chargers Shaft75
Cowboys Honoring Earl 34
Raiders Texan in Japan
Texans HOU-TEX
Patriots TexansSeminole
Jets The Pencil Neck
Vikings rmartin65
Colts Ole Miss Texan
Chiefs Jgl35
Giants Wolf6151
Buccaneers steelbtexan
Panthers djohn2oo8
Cardinals awtysst
Bears pbat488
Titans kiwitexansfan
Steelers Super Mario
Niners Kaiser Toro
Dolphins JB
Ravens Texan4Ever
Redskins Section516
Lions Kaiser Toro
Falcons kiwitexansfan
Broncos Super Mario
Eagles Shaft75
Jaguars Ole Miss Texan
Packers The Pencil Neck
Browns Section516
Rams pbat488
Saints Texan in Japan
Bills awtysst
Seahawks steelbtexan
Bengals JB
Old 03-19-2010   #365
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texan4ever, I sent you a PM of my 2nd round picks in case I'm not available when my time comes.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010   #366
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
SuperMario,

#40 San Diego = Shaft75 not djohn2008. Thanks!
Got it corrected. thx.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010   #367
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody heard from the Texan in Japan?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010   #368
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Anybody heard from the Texan in Japan?
Not yet but he did get on close to when his time was up and post his pick. I dunno what time it is in Japan but maybe he's zleeping perhaps? If not we can just group pick.
Old 03-19-2010   #369
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74835 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm mourning the loss of a 2nd round pick.....
Old 03-19-2010   #370
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

FYI, it is 10AM in Japan.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010   #371
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 7197 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the last pick in the 1st round the NO Saints take Terrance Cody, NT from the Univ of Alabama. Big TC gives the Saints a space eater in the middle of their defense. They thought about Carlos Dunlap/DE, Navorro Bowman/LB, Patrick Robinson/CB and Chad Jones/S, but settled on the big man.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010   #372
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a bad pick but I'd have gone for Chad Jones, they need some S help and he's going to be a good one.

The first round is done.
Old 03-19-2010   #373
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Okay, the second round will start at 8 AM Central Time on Saturday with:

33) St. Louis - pbat488

34) Detroit - Kaiser Toro

35) Tampa Bay - steelbtexan

36) Kansas City - jgl35

Only 6 hours to make your pick!

Last edited by Texan4Ever; 03-20-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-20-2010   #374
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Does pbat488 know he's on the clock and there's only an hour left? Do yall want to discuss possible picks for St. Louis? I have no idea what they need but as bad as they are they probably need everything.
Old 03-20-2010   #375
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Does pbat488 know he's on the clock and there's only an hour left? Do yall want to discuss possible picks for St. Louis? I have no idea what they need but as bad as they are they probably need everything.
Maybe Everson Griffin or Jermaine Gresham
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010   #376
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

I notified pbat488 (maybe a little late) but like I said it was up to each person to PM their picks to me or to show up and draft.

We can start a discussion and come to a consensous (sry for the spelling) and pick for him.
Old 03-20-2010   #377
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74835 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gresham seems like a good pick, a new QB would appreciate a good TE to be his safety blanket.
Old 03-20-2010   #378
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

I think they need help on there offensive line, defense, and they badly need a go-to WR.

Here's my ranking in terms of need:

1.) DE

2.) CB

3.) WR

4.) OG

5.) LB
Old 03-20-2010   #379
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 33rd pick in the 2010 Texan's Talk Mock Draft, the St. Louis Rams select

Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech

Reasoning: I know I didn't select a QB with the first pick, but I feel that at this point this pick is great value. This guy has all the tools to be a very good WR in the NFL. His offense at Tech held back his development as a WR, but with some time and working with one of the better young WRs in the league in Avery, he can hopefully reach his tremendous potential.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010   #380
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

As per Kaiser Toro, the Detroit Lions select, in the 2nd round,...

Jon Asamoah, OG

The Lions need a left guard, and they need someone to help Jeff Backus in pass rush situations. Asamoah is a big and powerful guard who can bolster their offensive line.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read