Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-25-2008   #21
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cortland Finnegan afraid to fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Your argument isn't with us, it's with that one guy that doesn't know much about football.
Was that directed toward me?
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #22
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Was that directed toward me?
If the shoe fits. But no, to the guy who thinks Finnegan doesn't deserve the Pro Bowl selection.

Hopefully, we can sign Asomugha so Peyton Manning could see a good corner four times a year, apart from seeing either Champ Bailey or his beloved Cromartie next season
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #23
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
If the shoe fits. But no, to the guy who thinks Finnegan doesn't deserve the Pro Bowl selection.

Hopefully, we can sign Asomugha so Peyton Manning could see a good corner four times a year, apart from seeing either Champ Bailey or his beloved Cromartie next season
I was going to say, them was fightin' words

But Peyton's favorite target will always be Ty Law
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010   #24
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
During the 2008 season, Finnegan was awestruck for the only time in his professional career when then New York Jets quarterback Brett Favre lined up at the wide receiver position across from him.

Anticipating the formation, coaches told Finnegan before the game to "punch (Favre) in the mouth" if the legendary quarterback lined up across from him.

And Finnegan did, delivering a hit on Favre that he said turned the quarterback red. Later in the game, Favre motioned to Finnegan to come talk to him.

"I was like, man, this is Brett Favre telling me to come over there," said Finnegan, prior to accepting his award later Friday at the Emerald Coast Convention Center. "I went over there and he said, 'I just wanted to tell you, you don't hit very hard.' "
http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...ID=20102200331
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #25
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never understood why people are scared to fly, but yet they'll ride around in cars all day long with drunk drivers on the road and all kinds of other irresponsible drivers where dangerous accidents can happen so much easier at any second.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #26
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I've never understood why people are scared to fly, but yet they'll ride around in cars all day long with drunk drivers on the road and all kinds of other irresponsible drivers where dangerous accidents can happen so much easier at any second.
I ain't skeered to admit that I'm afraid to fly, even though I do occasionally fly. Although, in my case, it has more to do with being afraid of heights. Ever since a very bad experience at a cable ski park I worked for back in High School I've been terrified of heights for some reason.

I'll tell the story if anyone cares.
Old 02-22-2010   #27
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I"ll take a plane, but I'll also take a Xanax with a Heineken chaser.

If we're flying through a storm, then I'll take some more.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #28
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I ain't skeered to admit that I'm afraid to fly, even though I do occasionally fly. Although, in my case, it has more to do with being afraid of heights. Ever since a very bad experience at a cable ski park I worked for back in High School I've been terrified of heights for some reason.

I'll tell the story if anyone cares.
Lets hear it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #29
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, here go's it.

A lot of y'all might not remember, but there used to be a cable ski park in League City. I worked there weekends and Summers of my Jr and Sr years in HS. I was the lead maintenance dude and did most of the repairs, anywhere from the go-carts to the cable system. The worst thing that could happen for my position would be a cable derail. They were freakin nightmares!

Anywho, I was off on this particular night until this crap went down. I was at a party and well on my way to being liquored up when the last person I wanted to see showed up. It was the owner of the ski park, and yes, he was looking for me. He said he was entertaining friends of his and allowing them to ski while he operated the rope retrieve and launching system(he wasn't the brightest candle on the cake). Well, one of his dumbass friends let a rope pop out of his hands while attempting a launch and it flung up and over the top cable. The owner, being as dumb as he is, never hit the E-stop to stop the system before the rope got to the 1st tower/pulley. The rope ended up getting caught on tower one while causing....can you guess? Yep, a massive derail!

Considering it's Friday and the next day is usually a big business day, the derail had to be fixed. Trust me, I was contemplating quitting right there to his face, but that wasn't the way I was. I go home around 10PM to change and call to gather what little crew was available. I arrive at work to see the biggest cluster-f--k I've seen since working there. I come up with a gameplan and the first thing to do was to lower the counter-weight, which is on tower 1. The counter-weight consists of an 8ft dia cement pipe around 8 ft long which is filled solid with cement.

So I climb up tower 1 (something similar below), release some tension on the counter-weight and decide to go ahead and re-groove the cables while I was on the tower. Now, unlike the photo below, since our tower 1 was the one that kept tension on the system, the pulleys were suspended by two parallel cables about 30 feet above water. The counter-weight has now been lowered to approx 15-20 feet below the cables I will be climbing on to get to the pulley. I begin my quest to get to the pulley by doing the usual upside down with feet and hands around the cable and inching my way out to the pulley. (this all happened in milli-seconds)While sliding my hand across the cable a frayed strand of cable shot through my glove and into my hand causing that hand to let go. My opposite hand was already off the cable because I was in the procees of bringing it above the other. So my upper falls, one of my legs were out of position and I was going to fall face first straight down on to the counter-weight. But! The one leg that was still around the cable caught the other cable parallel and allowed me enough time to grab back ahold with the hand that was stabbed.

I ended up finishing the job and got back home around 6AM. I quit the following day.

It might not sound that frightening to some, but there was no doubt in my mind that I would've been killed or seriously messed up had I fallen and hit that counter-weight on the way down.

Old 02-22-2010   #30
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Okay, here go's it.

A lot of y'all might not remember, but there used to be a cable ski park in League City. I worked there weekends and Summers of my Jr and Sr years in HS. I was the lead maintenance dude and did most of the repairs, anywhere from the go-carts to the cable system. The worst thing that could happen for my position would be a cable derail. They were freakin nightmares!

Anywho, I was off on this particular night until this crap went down. I was at a party and well on my way to being liquored up when the last person I wanted to see showed up. It was the owner of the ski park, and yes, he was looking for me. He said he was entertaining friends of his and allowing them to ski while he operated the rope retrieve and launching system(he wasn't the brightest candle on the cake). Well, one of his dumbass friends let a rope pop out of his hands while attempting a launch and it flung up and over the top cable. The owner, being as dumb as he is, never hit the E-stop to stop the system before the rope got to the 1st tower/pulley. The rope ended up getting caught on tower one while causing....can you guess? Yep, a massive derail!

Considering it's Friday and the next day is usually a big business day, the derail had to be fixed. Trust me, I was contemplating quitting right there to his face, but that wasn't the way I was. I go home around 10PM to change and call to gather what little crew was available. I arrive at work to see the biggest cluster-f--k I've seen since working there. I come up with a gameplan and the first thing to do was to lower the counter-weight, which is on tower 1. The counter-weight consists of an 8ft dia cement pipe around 8 ft long which is filled solid with cement.

So I climb up tower 1 (something similar below), release some tension on the counter-weight and decide to go ahead and re-groove the cables while I was on the tower. Now, unlike the photo below, since our tower 1 was the one that kept tension on the system, the pulleys were suspended by two parallel cables about 30 feet above water. The counter-weight has now been lowered to approx 15-20 feet below the cables I will be climbing on to get to the pulley. I begin my quest to get to the pulley by doing the usual upside down with feet and hands around the cable and inching my way out to the pulley. (this all happened in milli-seconds)While sliding my hand across the cable a frayed strand of cable shot through my glove and into my hand causing that hand to let go. My opposite hand was already off the cable because I was in the procees of bringing it above the other. So my upper falls, one of my legs were out of position and I was going to fall face first straight down on to the counter-weight. But! The one leg that was still around the cable caught the other cable parallel and allowed me enough time to grab back ahold with the hand that was stabbed.

I ended up finishing the job and got back home around 6AM. I quit the following day.

It might not sound that frightening to some, but there was no doubt in my mind that I would've been killed or seriously messed up had I fallen and hit that counter-weight on the way down.

The owner of the company I work for used to work there in high school too. How old are you HOUTEX?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #31
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
The owner of the company I work for used to work there in high school too. How old are you HOUTEX?
39. What was his name?
Old 02-22-2010   #32
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
39. What was his name?
Jeff Girouard

And btw, it still is his name...
Old 02-22-2010   #33
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Jeff Girouard

And btw, it still is his name...
Holy crap! He and his family were good friends of ours. My brother and I both went to school with him and Grant with Brent being a few years behind.

Don't they own the "Cake Lady" bakery in Friendswood? Or did Jeff go his own direction? I think I might've heard he got fed up and went on his own. Can't remember.
Old 02-22-2010   #34
Boris
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 Boris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVP

Quote:
but that wasn't the way I was.
this deserves another thread
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #35
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Holy crap! He and his family were good friends of ours. My brother and I both went to school with him and Grant with Brent being a few years behind.

Don't they own the "Cake Lady" bakery in Friendswood? Or did Jeff go his own direction? I think I might've heard he got fed up and went on his own. Can't remember.
That's the guy. Grant and Brent took over the Cake Lady after his mother passed away and Jeff has a mobile home dealership here in Pearland. I buy and sell mobile homes here. PM me your name and I'll let him know that we talked. Small world(or metro area).
Old 02-22-2010   #36
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
That's the guy. Grant and Brent took over the Cake Lady after his mother passed away and Jeff has a mobile home dealership here in Pearland. I buy and sell mobile homes here. PM me your name and I'll let him know that we talked. Small world(or metro area).
Ah, that's right. I remember about the mobile home business now. I also heard about what Brent went through last year. Rough, huh?
Old 02-22-2010   #37
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Ah, that's right. I remember about the mobile home business now. I also heard about what Brent went through last year. Rough, huh?
Fo sho...

Everything seems to be going well now though. Both Grant and Brent bought homes and business is well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read