Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-19-2010   #1
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default PFT Mock Draft

Do the Texans take Spiller over Iupati?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...raft-take-one/

Quote:
20. Texans: C.J. Spiller, running back, Clemson.

21. Bengals: Mike Iupati, guard, Idaho.
Old 02-19-2010   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PFT Mock Draft

I would in a heartbeat.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

If the top rb is still on the board at 20, you take him. Right?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't have a problem with that. The real question is: Do you take Spiller over Kyle Wilson?
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if Spiller is Kijana Carter or Curtis Martin with the wings of Mercury on his feet. And I don't know for sure if Iupati is The next coming of a twenty pound heavier Allen Faneca (Mike Mayock's words not mine ) or Robert Gallery. What I do know is you always build from the inside out, not the outside in. Anyone telling anything different than that is reaching. And teams that don't address the trenches first usually are always also rans. The reason why is simple. You are always having to re address the QB and RB positions for the wear and tear. Just look at the 'Natti. They haven't been worth warm Spit since Munoz retired. 'Course I believe in the Denver RB system. I believe we can train the lower guys up to work behind the o-line. I believe we're one player away from dominating our division. Can't sack Manning, keep him on the pine. We got seven up front on defense sooner or later will make him throw one bad. Iupati is my choice if he makes it to twenty. Got to get past San Fransico, Miami and the Steelers first. And that is far from a done deal. Be pretty funny if Frisco passes on Spiller and selects Iupati wouldn't it ?

Old 02-19-2010   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Be pretty funny if Frisco passes on Spiller and selects Iupati wouldn't it ?

Wouldn't be funny or odd at all since they have Frank Gore and just drafted Glenn Coffee.
Old 02-19-2010   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hoping Singletary has threetoedpete man love for Iupati
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2010   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Wouldn't be funny or odd at all since they have Frank Gore and just drafted Glenn Coffee.
I believe Frank is about done. What I can see is an interior with Bass-Heitman-Iupati.....which would pretty much give Frisco the division, every year for the next several years. They will be able to run the ball, no matter who the back is, with impunity.
Old 02-19-2010   #9
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

CJ Spiller? Yes Please.

I'd be shocked if he dropped to us though.
Old 02-19-2010   #10
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with that. The real question is: Do you take Spiller over Kyle Wilson?
I have to agree with you OMT. I think I would go with Wilson over Spiller. As for Iupati, I don't know if he fits in with what the Texans are looking for in an Olineman, although his size compares to that of Pitts (Iupati 6'5" 325 lbs, Pitts 6'4" 321 lbs). Right now, if the 3 were available during the Draft, I think I would go with Wilson, but that could change after the Combine.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #11
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I believe Frank is about done.
You believe he's "done"? Based on what?

He's 26 and has rushed for 1102, 1036, and 1120 yards over the past three seasons.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
You believe he's "done"? Based on what?

He's 26 and has rushed for 1102, 1036, and 1120 yards over the past three seasons.
He takes a lot of shots.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read