Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2010   #21
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Blue Crew Chili Cookoff Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
get more monies donated at way. I'm cool with doing it that way if everyone else is. Either way is fine with me.
I'm game for anything. I am just happy all of you come out to support the cause.
Old 02-16-2010   #22
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Ritas....and chili....sounds good :-) I will try to stop by for support.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010   #23
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone who would like to come is more than welcome.
Old 02-16-2010   #24
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry Gary, gotta work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. I don't EVER have any fun anymore!!I'll be sure to send in a donation real soon though. LOVE ya!! You all have a great time and just be thankful this old grandma is not competing, cause there would be NO competion!!!You all know who the MASTER chili maker is!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010   #25
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Professional judges GrandMa no Bribing that I can Tell.
Old 02-17-2010   #26
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Well im on andrews team!
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
We need to get our act together. Is it the same suspects from last year, plus a few extras?

So far I know: Ted, Kat, Lynn, Dave C. and

Andrew, are you and Amy in with us again (please)?

I can go register the team, if nobody else has yet.
I'm there. What time? What do you want me to bring? Yada yada??
Old 02-17-2010   #28
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
I think andrew and amy might have rigistered already and I think they registered me for margaritas. If you need me to call them I will let me know? I am sure they are going, not sure of the registration.
We registered them already to Bubba's and Rblok.
Old 02-17-2010   #29
gary
Hall of Fame

Grandma, the next event I'm going to call you first with your schedule.
Old 02-17-2010   #30
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I might pop in for a second...but I had MAJOR heartburn after last year. Sampling that many different types of chili...isn't good for someone who doesn't eat much meat.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #31
gary
Hall of Fame

Rblok is taking care of the judges. Do not come to me with any complaints, LOL. Rblok owns Houston Golf Magazine and they are going to take care of the golf tourney, Eric Winston hosting. Remember, just have a good time.
Old 02-17-2010   #32
gary
Hall of Fame

REMEMBER, if you have a lot of people on your team, you can only turn in one of each. So if two people want to make different margaritas they cannot. The team can only turn in one. I am just letting everyone know now.
Old 02-17-2010   #33
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

For Veterans we got this licked Gary Can we pay you at 7 am or do we need to bring a check by the house
Old 02-17-2010   #34
gary
Hall of Fame

You can pay in the morning Saturday. I'll be there.
Old 02-17-2010   #35
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

You got it little buddy we will have it ready for you

Let us know about the Golf Tourney, you know we are player helpers
Old 02-18-2010   #36
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Gary and Joe, I have never been and Im making Margaritas, I know the web site says to bring at least 3 gallons, but how many gallons do yall think I really need. I guess im asking do we share with everybody or who all drinks from your margaritas?

Also for margaritas do all of the ingredients need to be mixed there, or can you have some things already done at home?
Old 02-18-2010   #37
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

I think mix it there and it is drink till you cannot drink no more I believe, Make sure you have enough for the judges and i THINK THE JUDGING IS AT 4 OR SO I was wrong about 7pm
Old 02-18-2010   #38
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
Hey Gary and Joe, I have never been and Im making Margaritas, I know the web site says to bring at least 3 gallons, but how many gallons do yall think I really need. I guess im asking do we share with everybody or who all drinks from your margaritas?

Also for margaritas do all of the ingredients need to be mixed there, or can you have some things already done at home?
Part of the cookoff is the sampling, people buy wristbands and come around and sample what everyone is cooking. Last year there were different colored wristbands for minors. The team members get free wristbands (I think). So you need enough to serve the people attending the event. Make sure you save some off for the judging, we set some aside early so we wouldn't run out.

Long answer, but that is why each team needs to provide a minimum amount, so the crowds get their money's worth.

Last year we did everything on the grounds.
Old 02-18-2010   #39
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Part of the cookoff is the sampling, people buy wristbands and come around and sample what everyone is cooking. Last year there were different colored wristbands for minors. The team members get free wristbands (I think). So you need enough to serve the people attending the event. Make sure you save some off for the judging, we set some aside early so we wouldn't run out.

Long answer, but that is why each team needs to provide a minimum amount, so the crowds get their money's worth.

Last year we did everything on the grounds.
Thanks that helps alot!

So how many gallons are you doing and what size cups are you buying for the samples?
Old 02-18-2010   #40
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
I think mix it there and it is drink till you cannot drink no more I believe, Make sure you have enough for the judges and i THINK THE JUDGING IS AT 4 OR SO I was wrong about 7pm
How many gallons are you bringing Joe!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read