Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-12-2010   #21
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bleacher Report Mock Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Gah, Bleacher Report is horrible, horrible, horrible. Unless the author is Robert Vega.
Vega did this article.
Old 02-12-2010   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Thanks for the pic I guess. Do they not where cups anymore?
I wasn't going to be that guy that mentioned something about it. I'm glad you took one for the team.

BTW, Cushing and D-Ryans are *******in beasts!! As long as they remain healthy they're going to be a blast to watch every week. Another DT or two our front 7 will be dang near tops in the league.
Old 02-12-2010   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I'm not sure what they mean by "another" 300 lb DT. Okoye is listed at 315.

http://www.nfl.com/players/amobiokoy...e?id=OKO541722

He also looks like he might have grown an inch or two.

I think he means a DT that weighs over 300lbs is a mean SOB with a great work ethic.

Which doesn't describe Okoye at all.

Funny about the inch thing. Looks like the water is cold and its deep too
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010   #24
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I'm not sure what they mean by "another" 300 lb DT. Okoye is listed at 315.

http://www.nfl.com/players/amobiokoy...e?id=OKO541722

He also looks like he might have grown an inch or two.

The Texans web site on NFL.com has him listed at 296.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010   #25
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Vega did this article.
He did, and notice how it's coherent and well-researched. Not something I ever see at that site.

Kudos to Vega on this one... I like a lot of his choices.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010   #26
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
The Texans web site on NFL.com has him listed at 296.

I doubt Okoye is at 315-lbs, he looks more like 296-lbs to me, underweight for a DT if you ask me...
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010   #27
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I doubt Okoye is at 315-lbs, he looks more like 296-lbs to me, underweight for a DT if you ask me...
Weight is really overrated. I don't care how much my DT weighs. I only care if he is strong enough to do his job. How much does Tommie Harris weigh? 295? I bet you wouldn't say he is underweight. That guy never gets pushed around.

Now it's true that bigger guys are usually stronger. But I think too many people just look at a guy's height and weight and make blanket assumptions about him based on just that.

Btw, not saying you are wrong about Okoye as I would like to see him get a little stronger.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010   #28
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to beat a dead horse, but here's the latest Bleacher Report article about the Texans.

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

First of all - he discusses if we should "sing" Kevin Walter.

Then, you know - two of the top three guys to watch in the first round for the Texans are... WRs.

Also, this:
Quote:
Even though they have one of the top offenses in the league, they have already invested many first-round picks there, and they need to let those players develop.
Yeah, let's go through the long list of many first-round offensive players on the Texans that still need to develop:

David Carr - oh right, not on the team.
Andre Johnson - true, he sucks and definitely needs to develop further.
Duane Brown - you got me there.

So... it's Duane Brown. He's the only one that fits the description.

Quote:
Picks:
20th overall
Late second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh round picks
A second sixth-round pick (middle)
It's not determined yet what their pick will be. It might be 19 or 20.
It's also not OFFICIALLY determined yet if they got an extra fifth or sixth rounder. Everything we've seen so far is pure speculation and there has been no official word from anyone connected with the team.

Quote:
If he does make the move, though, that leaves Chester Pitts, whose a free agent this off-season, and Kasey Studdard, who’s a free agent next year.
Sigh. Just... sigh.

Quote:
First Round Targets

DeMaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech

You’ll probably hear me hype up Thomas for the next three months until the draft, and hopefully you’ll see his rise on draft day. Thomas is an outstanding athlete who can draw attention to himself from defenses, allowing for even more production out of Andre Johnson.

Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech

Slaton will need a complement if he’s going to be the feature back in Houston, and a power guy like Dwyer could be that perfect complement. Dwyer has enough breakaway speed that he could possibly take over the reins if Slaton continues to struggle.

Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU

If they can’t get the ultra-talented Thomas, I think they may have to reach a little bit to get a power receiver like LaFell. He may fit better in this offense than Thomas as he can go across the middle and can be effective on both middle crossing routes as well as screen passes. He reminds me a lot of Terrell Owens.

2nd Round Targets

Charles Scott, RB, LSU

If the Texans do go receiver in round one, which I think is a very strong possibility, they will be targeting a running back early on in the draft after that. After Dwyer and Gerhart, who’s likely to get taken early in the second round, the best remaining power back is Charles Scott, who reminds a lot of scouts of Marion Barber.

Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois

With Iupati, the presumed top guard in this draft class, almost a lock to be gone in the top 40 picks, Asamoah is the best remaining zone blocking guard in this class, and is a great fit for Gary Kubiak’s offense.

Later Round Target

Lonyae Miller, RB, Fresno State

The Texans are obviously targeting a running back based on what they’ve looked at this offseason according to reports and sources. Miller is a deep sleeper they could grab after their first running back in this draft, especially if they lose both Chris Brown and Ryan Moats.
Several first and second round targets, and a late round target... um, how about a defensive back? A defensive lineman? How about ANY mention whatsoever about the defense! No?

Bad grammar. Bad spelling. No research, and seemingly no knowledge of the Texans at all. This is what Bleacher Report gives us 9 times out of 10. As a Texans blogger who puts in real time and research, and ALWAYS proofreads heavily - this kind of crap really gets under my skin. It gives blogs in general a bad name... especially when the Chron.com site literally plasters the Bleacher Report links ALL OVER their front sports page!

Unbelievable.

Rant/off

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read