Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

View Poll Results: Round 1 Selection
(C) Maurkice Pouncey, Florida 0 0%
(OG) Mike Upati, Idaho 8 13.56%
(OT) Charles Brown, USC 0 0%
(WR) Damian Williams, USC 0 0%
(RB) Jahvid Best, California / Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech 6 10.17%
(NT) Dan Williams, Tennessee 10 16.95%
(DT) Brian Price, UCLA 1 1.69%
(OLB) Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri 1 1.69%
(CB) Patrick Robinson, Florida State / Donovan Warren, Michigan / Kyle Wilson, Boise State 14 23.73%
(S) Taylor Mays, USC / Earl Thomas, Texas 19 32.20%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2010   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Lightbulb First Round Selection Consensus

Just for fun. If all of these players were available at our pick in the first round, which would you choose?

Robinson has not been resigned.
Daniels and Ryans have been resigned.

Feel free to write in a selection.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010   #2
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Round Selection Consensus

Was this supposed to be a poll?
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010   #3
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Was this supposed to be a poll?
lol yeah. It took me a few minutes to create the poll. But it submits the new thread before I submit the poll.
Old 02-12-2010   #4
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted mike U!
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

If Dunta does nor get re-signed or tagged, I see us going with CB Kyle Wilson. If Dunta's back this season I'd go with DT Dan Williams.

I chose Dan Williams in the poll because I think Dunta's back for at least this season.
Old 02-12-2010   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I went CB. Even if Dunta gets re-signed, we will need someone for the future.
Old 02-12-2010   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta go DB if Dunta is let go.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2010   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Until the Senior Bowl I would have said Mike Upati but he looked horrible there.

Fo me it comes down to two players - Dan Williams and Earl Thomas , in this scenerio Dunta hasnt been resigned and that would make me lean twards the DB. I dont think I would be upset with either player.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010   #9
Blake
MMQB

I voted safety. I would rather fix the free safety position, and worry about my corner in round 2, where I could luck out and get someone like Perrish Cox, Franks, or Ghee.
Old 02-12-2010   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

CB Kyle WIlson without or with DR. You do not allow this type CB get past you. I have a FS later that will train behind Eugene Wilson.
Old 02-12-2010   #11
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dan Williams has the biggest value if he's available but Kyle Wilson fills a bigger need, especially if Dunta leaves.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010   #12
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Dan Williams has the biggest value if he's available but Kyle Wilson fills a bigger need, especially if Dunta leaves.
I voted for Williams, but if DR leaves I could go with Wilson. Right now it's a toss up with me between Williams, Thomas, and Wilson. Whoever is there at 19/20 is fine. But if DR leaves, I think Wilson becomes more of a priority.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010   #13
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Thomas is still there then I would take him. I would take Kyle Wilson, Dan Williams or Brian Price ahead of Mays though.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010   #14
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Donovan Warren for me. With coaching and veteran support, I have high hopes for Warren and I expect him to be able to compete in this league and surpass the likes of Marlin Jackson and Leon Hall. I like his height, 6'1", and if he could gain some muscle and get up to 200-lbs we will no doubt have one of the best DBs in the draft.

Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010   #15
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Dwyer

I think it will come down to Williams,Thomas and Dwyer. If all three are there the Texans should be able to trade down a litte and get one of these guys.

If Dwyer had been on last years team the Texans would've had the opportunity to win the Jax and Ariz games plus maybe he can throw a HB pass LOL.

Dwyer would have the most impact on this team more quickly. It will take Thomas and especially Williams longer to get adjusted to the speed of the NFL game.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Long shot he'll fall ...Iupati.
Old 02-15-2010   #17
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Gotta go with my boy Earl Thomas.
Old 02-15-2010   #18
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Iupati, without question. I'd then draft the best available between Dwyer, Matthews, and Dixon in the second.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quick, name one RB back currently on the roster you feel confident depending on next year to be a major contributor.

Foster or Moats? No thank you. Slaton? Are you confident enough in his come back and a later round pick to risk the season on them? We dont just need a starter we need depth too.
Old 02-16-2010   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Quick, name one RB back currently on the roster you feel confident depending on next year to be a major contributor.

Foster or Moats? No thank you. Slaton? Are you confident enough in his come back and a later round pick to risk the season on them? We dont just need a starter we need depth too.
So what's your point? You want a RB taken in the 1st? I'm pretty sure that won't be happening.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read