Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Rep Power: 80964
BADBOYS new mock
I have changed my opinion and think Pitts will be re-signed at a reasonable deal. We know what we have in this very steady, solid LG. He is a big strong dude, familiar with ZBS and the players. He has had Kubes support and is always on the field. He will help Duane Brown and Myers and the running game. I will be surprised if we used a draft pick above 4 on a OG. I will now post my most recent mock.
1. CB Kyle Wilson 5'10" 190lbs 4.42 right there with Haden & I think he can start by game 1.
2. RB Toby Gerhart 6'1" 232 4.60 best stats of RBs don't see him at our spot in 3rd. Want him, get him. Dwyer is a similar back but gone by our 2nd.
3. C JD Walton 6'3"305 36 starts for Baylor in a ZBS type offense. Senior Bowl practice on blocking he put 329 lb DT Dan Williams on his butt. Also, frustrated UT Lamarr Houston into jumping off side twice after blocking him successfully. On the next attempt, he brought Houston down. He & Pouncy only two centers that might replace Myers by mid-season.
4. DT Linval Joesph 6'6" 322 gap filler who per BeerLover can play all day at 315. Thanks buddy for putting him on my horizon. I really hesitated to go for DT in draft but BL knows his players.
5. OG/OT Marshall Newhouse 6'3" 326 5.06 (40) Pitts replacement & might challenge Rashad Butler day one. I would love to watch him and Joseph bang. Played LT all 2007. Shrine eval "both positions effective. SLides to either tackle or guard well with good foot work. Gets to 2nd level".
5. FS Robert Johnson 6'2" 197 4.52 I keep thinking he'll be gone but most mocks have him 5-6 round. 2008 INTs 4 2009 INTs 6 + 66 tackles. Very solid player that can back up & eventually replace Wilson. I really like this guy. Great physical specimen and great speed. I had Thomas in my 1st round but this guy + Kyle Wilson make me very pleased with DBs.
6. RB Chris Brown Okla 5'10" 202 4.47 has slipped this year as did his team. Not a gamble at this pick and could have a Slaton type rookie year in our offense. Not sure he will be here if he has the combine I think he will. I can see his 40 dropping.
7. WR David Gettis (Baylor) 6'4" 209 4.44 52 for 675 7 3 TDs. Lots of WRs with speed available but think he could stick at least to PS.
DR is the only ? I now have as I think we will sign all FA including Walter that matter.
The sound of marine engines and superchargers soon shall fill the air!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|