Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2010   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In progress Awtysst Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I get why people want a reliable running back. The thing is though a rb is only as good as the oline that is in front of him. I think we have solid backs here(Slaton, Foster, Hillis-from trade, Moats, and JJ). I believe Hillis is the guy you give the ball in short distances. He is 250lbs of muscle. When you use Foster and Hillis you save the tread on Slaton's tires.

I grade rbs relatively low because of their incredibly short shelf lives. A lot of people like the flashy glory position of the RB, but given the same level of ability, give me a OG any day of the week.
I'm a build the trenches 1st kind of guy.

I just dont want to go into the season with Hillis Foster and Moats as the RB's

Neck surgery is a serious thing particularly for a RB. Slaton cant be counted on. IMO

If this trade is made (I hope so) Spiller would be my 1st choice. He would add to an already dynamic offense. Spiller would be a home run threat at RB. Imagine having AJ and JJ at WR with OD at TE and Spiller at RB. defenses couldn't cover everybody. Hillis could be the short yardage RB. If Slaton makes it back all I can say is WOW. Spiller will also be an awsome weapon as a KR/PR.

Kuper and 3rd rd pick Asamoah along with Caldwell will be the upgrade on the interior OL that will make this offense not only one nf the best statistically but also a juggernaut in the red zone.

With this offense the Texans will have no problems scoring points with the Colts.

The Defense can also have 2 of its main 3 weaknesses adressed. CB (Cox,Spievey,Ghee or K.Jackson) One should be availabe in the 2nd rd.

S or DT in the 4th I would draft a S and sign Jolly in FA. They will probably draft a DT Joseph and sign a S in FA.

Either way with this trade and smart drafting most of the holes will be filled.

Smithiak have to do something that they are not known for, thinking outside the box.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read