Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-28-2010   #21
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
No way. Top 10 pick for sure. He does look like a shutdown cover corner.

If Patrick Robinson has a good senior bowl showing and tests well I think he could go in the top 20. Perrish Cox could do the same thing.
Patrick Robinson has not been very impressive. Right now my CB rankings are . . .

1. Joe Haden, Florida (won't be there at #20)
2. Donovan Warren, Michigan (might be there)
3. Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest (will be there, can trade back though to late 1st)
4. Kyle Wilson, Boise State (same as Ghee)
5. Perrish Cox, Oklahoma State (not a 1st rd pick, but could trade back to early 2nd)

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #22
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

If Thomas is there at 19/20 I think the Texans will take him. The problem is, I think he will be gone by then. At this point in time, it's looking more likely they will have to pick from Dan Williams, Iupati, or Mays (I hope not). As much as I would like to get Iupati, I think the best choice of these 3 would be Williams. Then in the 2nd, they could get Mike Johnson, G, Alabama or Nate Allen, FS, S. Fla. The Combine should give us a better idea of who will be there at 19/20, maybe.

Also, why do a lot of people think Thomas is too small to play FS? He's listed as 5'10" and 195 lbs. Eugene Wilson is listed as 5'10" and 200 lbs. I guess what I'm saying is, the size may not be ideal, but if he has the head, heart, and talent to play FS, then play him at FS!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #23
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
If Thomas is there at 19/20 I think the Texans will take him. The problem is, I think he will be gone by then. At this point in time, it's looking more likely they will have to pick from Dan Williams, Iupati, or Mays (I hope not). As much as I would like to get Iupati, I think the best choice of these 3 would be Williams. Then in the 2nd, they could get Mike Johnson, G, Alabama or Nate Allen, FS, S. Fla. The Combine should give us a better idea of who will be there at 19/20, maybe.

Also, why do a lot of people think Thomas is too small to play FS? He's listed as 5'10" and 195 lbs. Eugene Wilson is listed as 5'10" and 200 lbs. I guess what I'm saying is, the size may not be ideal, but if he has the head, heart, and talent to play FS, then play him at FS!
He weighs 195 because he is pretty muscled up. He does have a very thin frame though. I think he will be just fine but at first look, he does look like a CB (based on body type).
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #24
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
He weighs 195 because he is pretty muscled up. He does have a very thin frame though. I think he will be just fine but at first look, he does look like a CB (based on body type).
Earl reminds me of Louis Delmas, taken #33 last year by Detroit. a centerfielder, with coverage skill who can hit. Unlike Louis Delmas (little known Western Michigan) Earl Thomas comes from an elite national power with butt loads of national exposure
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Earl reminds me of Louis Delmas, taken #33 last year by Detroit. a centerfielder, with coverage skill who can hit. Unlike Louis Delmas (little known Western Michigan) Earl Thomas comes from an elite national power with butt loads of national exposure
Wow! Great comparison and a blast from the past. I was on then off Delmas as I allowed others to talk me out of him.
Old 01-29-2010   #26
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Yes, that's a good comparison. Here's Delmas' Rookie stats from this past season along with Cush and Laurinaitis who were ranked ahead of him for Rookies.

Rk Player Team Pos Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int TDs Yds Lng FF Rec TD
1 Brian Cushing HOU OLB 133 86 47 4.0 1 14 4 0 26 20 2 -- --
2 James Laurinaitis STL MLB 120 107 13 2.0 -- 7 2 0 28 21 1 1 0
3 Louis Delmas DET FS 94 65 29 1.0 1 10 2 1 130 101T 0 1 1
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #27
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

It wont happen IMO, but Indy getting Iupati is down right my nightmare.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010   #28
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
So....are we all agreed that the lack of production from Taylor Mays scares everyone to death ? I can't comment on Thomas because I like all Horns.....

the other thing I think is pretty certain....there aren't any corners on the board who'll beat out what they already got ? I don't see any Mckelvin's or DRC's or Darrelle Revis's ? If you see one out there do tell.
Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest or Kyle Wilson, Boise State could work their way into the first round if they keep impressing at the Senior Bowl and the combine.
Old 01-30-2010   #29
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest or Kyle Wilson, Boise State could work their way into the first round if they keep impressing at the Senior Bowl and the combine.
As does Perrish Cox. At a 'relatively' weak CB class at the top, they've really made themselves money this week. After the Florida CB goes top 10, these next guys could push to go in the 1st.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

One of them will fall to the 2nd rd.

Most likely Ghee or Cox. IMO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read